1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello AProudLefty,

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I feel that way sometimes. And I've wanted to leave many times. I do understand.
    The only time I felt like leaving was when the mods did not follow through on enforcing the rules, favoring righties.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-02-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Looking at the threads on the front page has finally tipped me to the logical conclusion that this is not Political discussion board. It is a garbage dump populated by and catering to White Nationalists. I might give it a try after the election when their voices have been silenced, but attempts at discussion here are an exercise in futility.

You win. It's all yours.
    Don't leave. I appreciate your input. You make good points that no one else thinks of.

If you leave it would be a loss.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-02-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Politalker is right. Whatever the site chooses to allow by way of nazism, Concart, we don't have to tolerate their individual scumbaggery, and it is pleasing meanwhile to have a place where one can look out for the odd Trumper whose mind is not totally destroyed yet. My own problems are two: first, can I really continue to keep my Ignore list down to just twelve? and second, what on earth will I do if the Fuhrer gets back again? There are so many admirable Americans that I don't want to walk away, but beyond a certain point you begin to wonder, I must admit. But if you are and American and give up debating, it'll be down to resorting to the bang-bangs, which would seem to be a pity, however much the evidence points towards just that.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is only natural and expected that people with hate on the mind will congregate in chat rooms.

Few people in real life will listen to them!

We are under no obligation to give them any attention.

Actually, if we do, we enable and encourage them.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (09-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-02-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    In my opinion you can add Confart to the list.
    Wrong. He doesn't spazz all over the forum like those two do. Katzgar starts a lot of thread so possibly could be added to the spammy club, but at least he doesn't insert himself into every. single. discussion.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Politalker is right. Whatever the site chooses to allow by way of nazism, Concart, we don't have to tolerate their individual scumbaggery, and it is pleasing meanwhile to have a place where one can look out for the odd Trumper whose mind is not totally destroyed yet. My own problems are two: first, can I really continue to keep my Ignore list down to just twelve? and second, what on earth will I do if the Fuhrer gets back again? There are so many admirable Americans that I don't want to walk away, but beyond a certain point you begin to wonder, I must admit. But if you are and American and give up debating, it'll be down to resorting to the bang-bangs, which would seem to be a pity, however much the evidence points towards just that.
    Half the horseshit Deplorables say on this forum they would never say in front of their neighbors, daughters, grandchildren, co-workers.

They even frequently are too ashamed to publicly confess their love and admiration for Trump. Do not take my word for it. Deplorables themselves are on record here claiming that polling undercounts Trump support because Deplorables are reticent to admit their undying love for Fatso.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-02-2020), christiefan915 (09-02-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (09-03-2020), Jarod (09-24-2020), Micawber (09-02-2020), PoliTalker (09-02-2020)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Half the horseshit Deplorables say on this forum they would never say in front of their neighbors, daughters, grandchildren, co-workers.

They even frequently are too ashamed to publicly confess their love and admiration for Trump. Do not take my word for it. Deplorables themselves are on record here claiming that polling undercounts Trump support because Deplorables are reticent to admit their undying love for Fatso.
    Well everybody knows the old polling meme.

If the polls do not support Trump, the polls are 'meaningless, can't be counted on, unreliable.'

If the polls show support for Trump then they are 'great headline news!'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-02-2020)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

That's not true.

All you have to do is raise your moral standard for who you will talk to. Simply refuse to talk to anyone who tries to get personal. It is a simple line that can be drawn. Talking about the subject, OK. Talking about you, not OK.

It's not a political discussion if people start talking about each other.

Then it becomes an insult contest. Who can cut the other the deepest.

I Ignore anybody who crosses that line, and those who post overt racism.

And guess what?

I STILL have plenty of people to talk to and they are not all liberal.

So, here's the deal. Before the internet, the outcasts of society, the messed up minds with hatred in their hearts, the ones who want to blame others for their own inability to enjoy life, all of those people were marginalized.

But with the internet and social media, all of those messed up minds have a way to get their message out.

Whoopie do. So they are going to spread their grief and frustration far and wide.

We don't have to listen.

The best thing we can do is simply ignore all of that.

Then they are just talking to themselves.

So use the Ignore feature extensively, filter out all the garbage, and I think you will find some good people.

Raise your standards and I believe you will find some very good discussions.
    The problem is that people quote those you may block rendering the ignore ineffective and their thread subjects are still visible. We could sanitize this place of idiot trolls were those two user features added.

I'm with Concart except I'm staying here until Nov 4th and will then enjoy watching their massive comeuppance

Trump will be a failed single term impeached soon to be indicted worst potus in US history. I won't want to swallow or spit it out quickly,
    but it will be the biggest "we told you so" in history. Then I'm gone.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The problem is that people quote those you may block rendering the ignore ineffective and their thread subjects are still visible. We could sanitize this place of idiot trolls were those two user features added.
    Yes, it would be better if the quotes of the Ignored were also blocked, but it is an easy habit to do it 'manually.'

It only takes a glance at who is being quoted to shift attention on down the page.

Honestly, I also would prefer to not even see the:

"This message is hidden because X is on your ignore list. "

Sometimes I see pages full of nothing but that as I scroll through a thread looking for anything of substance.

With all the trolls on this site, yes, I do a lot of scrolling.

They do a lot of trolling, so I do a lot of scrolling.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Defeat conceded, big of you to know your weaknesses
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Looking at the threads on the front page has finally tipped me to the logical conclusion that this is not Political discussion board. It is a garbage dump populated by and catering to White Nationalists. I might give it a try after the election when their voices have been silenced, but attempts at discussion here are an exercise in futility.

You win. It's all yours.
    Please don't go away permanently. You write really good posts and I enjoy reading them. Take a break and "cleanse your palate" of the nasty taste left here by the trolls and trumpers. Sometimes just a week away is refreshing, take it from one who knows.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

This thread goes to show how the left marinated in Victim Culture cant take free minds/free speech....that when they have to compete on equal footing with others they dont know what to do, safe spaces look attractive to the invalids. In almost any other place this deeply into this next Dark Age they play the victim card to limit and eventually squash all disagreement, but they cant do it here.

FREE SPEECH ROCKS
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You proved OP's point.

The point that was proven is that Concart is an arrogant know it all who thinks people are to be labeled and put in their proper place. The lack of respect he has for individual freedom makes him a lot of things except an American.
    Last edited by coldjoint; 09-02-2020 at 08:41 PM.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts