Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: California is a failed state. How do we know? They're moving to Arizona in droves.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So "cawacko" you going to let them dump on your State like that?
    I agree with a lot of the political complaints and the rest is like you and USC, haters gonna hate.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    California is the 20th fastest growing state. That does not make it one of the super fast growing state, but does mean it is growing faster than 30 other states.

About half of the population rise is internal growth, and about half is people moving to California. There are two general movements of people. Immigrants move into the USA and California, and then a generation or two later their descendants move out of California. And young people move into California from other parts of the country to find their fortune, and then many times later leave.
    Not sure why you ignoring the basic fact that within the U.S. more people have left California than come to the state for years. Our population has grown because of immigration and births.

Those are simple facts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-17-2020), Truth Detector (09-18-2020)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    He works in NY or so he says!
    These days I work in NJ and Pennsylvania. If we can get a dedicated line out to Pennsylvania, I will almost only be working in Pennsylvania. I have not physically entered New York in several months now.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Not sure why you ignoring the basic fact that within the U.S. more people have left California than come to the state for years. Our population has grown because of immigration and births.

Those are simple facts.
    Immigrants used to come to the NYC, and then slowly move out of the city to other parts of the USA. Now immigrants come to California, and slowly move out of the state to other parts of the USA. NYC and California are both places Americans go to try to make their fortunes, but many then leave when they find it too intense.

Both California and NYC are growing. Huge numbers of rural counties are not growing, but are shrinking. If only counties that were growing were allowed to vote, Clinton would have gotten 70% of the vote.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Immigrants used to come to the NYC, and then slowly move out of the city to other parts of the USA. Now immigrants come to California, and slowly move out of the state to other parts of the USA. NYC and California are both places Americans go to try to make their fortunes, but many then leave when they find it too intense.

Both California and NYC are growing. Huge numbers of rural counties are not growing, but are shrinking. If only counties that were growing were allowed to vote, Clinton would have gotten 70% of the vote.
    Actually there was very little growth in California in the past year and of the growth we did have much was in the central part of the state and east of L.A., not the coastal areas.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually there was very little growth in California in the past year and of the growth we did have much was in the central part of the state and east of L.A., not the coastal areas.
    California is 20th state in growth. It is not one of the fastest growing states, but it is better than 30 of them.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

California is 20th state in growth. It is not one of the fastest growing states, but it is better than 30 of them.
    I saw it at number 22. But that doesn’t change the facts that I posted about our growth and where it is coming from.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020)

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I saw it at number 22. But that doesn’t change the facts that I posted about our growth and where it is coming from.
    I have known quite a few immigrants in my life, and they do not want to immigrate to West Virginia or Idaho. Jewish Russians were not dreaming of a day they could live in Idaho. Chinese PHDs are not desperately trying to relocate to West Virginia. These people want to come to our big cities. You try to make that sound bad, but it is what keeps these big cities alive.

By the way, while California was growing by 6.1%, do you know how much West Virginia was growing? -3.3%. They were actually losing population as people desperately tried to leave. The sad truth is while people could make better money if they left West Virginia, they often just cannot afford to relocate. They are trapped in poverty there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-17-2020)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 57 Posts

Vote blue not red when you go there!

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have known quite a few immigrants in my life, and they do not want to immigrate to West Virginia or Idaho. Jewish Russians were not dreaming of a day they could live in Idaho. Chinese PHDs are not desperately trying to relocate to West Virginia. These people want to come to our big cities. You try to make that sound bad, but it is what keeps these big cities alive.

By the way, while California was growing by 6.1%, do you know how much West Virginia was growing? -3.3%. They were actually losing population as people desperately tried to leave. The sad truth is while people could make better money if they left West Virginia, they often just cannot afford to relocate. They are trapped in poverty there.
    By citing simple statistics I’m trying to make it sound bad? You have some agenda here. This info is known to anyone who lives here as it’s written about regularly. I made zero judgement nor said anything other than the facts. I’m not sure where you got the Cali is growing 6.2% from not what any other state has to do with this.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), cancel2 2022 (09-17-2020)

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

By citing simple statistics I’m trying to make it sound bad? You have some agenda here. This info is known to anyone who lives here as it’s written about regularly. I made zero judgement nor said anything other than the facts. I’m not sure where you got the Cali is growing 6.2% from not what any other state has to do with this.
    He's definitely a Dem shill, anybody that disagrees with is automatically called alt-right.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Truth Detector (09-18-2020)

17. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are lying. According to the US Census, California keeps adding people, net. Some people move out, but more people move in, so the net is people moving in.

This is not a complex concept. And it is very public. I do not know why you think you can get away with these lies.
    For years more people have left California than entered the state within the U.S. California's population has continued to grow because of immigration and births.
    Walt is too stupid to comprehend simple principles like births.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So "cawacko" you going to let them dump on your State like that?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Excellent please move out!

20. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-18-2020)

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    California is a third world state solely because they force themselves to live in a sweaty hellhole with rolling blackouts.
    Thanks to shutting down nuclear plants; yes, its getting more like Mexico.