Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing I don't get about most pro-lifers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry One thing I don't get about most pro-lifers

Why are you for abortion rights in the case of rape? It's still a little baby in there! How does getting raped change that?!
    "And damned right I compare pro-abortion to pro-slavery." - Good Luck

"In the first place, as I have carefully explained, I did NOT compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery." - Good Luck after I showed his offensive remarks to everyone

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaw! View Post
    Why are you for abortion rights in the case of rape? It's still a little baby in there! How does getting raped change that?!
    That actually sounds like a valid question....

Death penalty....war....abortion....all mean killing for some reason or another...

Death penalty...as a deterrent to crime? as punishment? revenge?
    Throughout history the death penalty has been used in almost every culture at one time of another....valid reasons????

War....we must defend our property and possessions, our friends, our familys, and our own very lives....even if it means that some innocent die....
    valid reasons....

Abortion.... because I'm not ready for a baby? I have a headache?
    I don't want to get fat? Just ..because? I was raped? I was drunk? I was pissed off at; whoever....valid reasons???

Just what are valid reasons for taking anothers life...???? Thats the debate....

To deny we are taking a life is just the cowards way out of a social dilemma ..

I don't like taking any life, human or animal, but I have my own views when the action becomes valid...

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaw! View Post
    What is that a picture of, your avatar, anyway?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    What is that a picture of, your avatar, anyway?
    Looks like an abortion maybe...

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

as you know, i am pro-choice because there are two lives at stake - why should one be more important than the other

if you were female (i assume that you are male) would you want to carry with you every day for 9 months the reminder that you were the victim of a senseless and brutal attack, relive the utter feeling of helplessness - my daughter was raped and she told just how she felt about it - the man who did it is dead now
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    as you know, i am pro-choice because there are two lives at stake - why should one be more important than the other

if you were female (i assume that you are male) would you want to carry with you every day for 9 months the reminder that you were the victim of a senseless and brutal attack, relive the utter feeling of helplessness - my daughter was raped and she told just how she felt about it - the man who did it is dead now
    So you remove it with the intent to bring it to term outside the uterus. Thus doing two things. Removing the need to intent to kill in a doctor, and the reality of enforced incubation for a woman.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    That actually sounds like a valid question....

Death penalty....war....abortion....all mean killing for some reason or another...

Death penalty...as a deterrent to crime? as punishment? revenge?
    Throughout history the death penalty has been used in almost every culture at one time of another....valid reasons????

War....we must defend our property and possessions, our friends, our familys, and our own very lives....even if it means that some innocent die....
    valid reasons....

Abortion.... because I'm not ready for a baby? I have a headache?
    I don't want to get fat? Just ..because? I was raped? I was drunk? I was pissed off at; whoever....valid reasons???

Just what are valid reasons for taking anothers life...???? Thats the debate....

To deny we are taking a life is just the cowards way out of a social dilemma ..

I don't like taking any life, human or animal, but I have my own views when the action becomes valid...
    I was out scouting today and planning where I will kill some deer in a little over a month.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    So you remove it with the intent to bring it to term outside the uterus. Thus doing two things. Removing the need to intent to kill in a doctor, and the reality of enforced incubation for a woman.
    perhaps, but if there is anything to passing on certain traits i think ending it would be best

oth, if it could be done and someone wanted it and was willing to pay for the procedure, it would still be up to the woman, but she might be more likely to pass it on to a childless couple

an another tentacle, there are over 6.5 billion of us and resources are running out
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But don that is what wars are for. We can't abort em that does not support industry. We must kill off the excess population in a war so profit can be made.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    But don that is what wars are for. We can't abort em that does not support industry. We must kill off the excess population in a war so profit can be made.
    Necessity breeds invention. People tend not to look for solutions until the problem is at hand. I believe that humans will find the solution when it becomes necessary.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    I was out scouting today and planning where I will kill some deer in a little over a month.
    I've got wall space reserved in my classroom for this season's deer pics from my students that will succeed in killing a deer this fall/winter. Got one pic up so far, 6 days into the season.....an 11th grade girl got a six point with her bow.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sometimes waiting until the problem is at hand to find a soloution is too late.
    Proving tax cuts work!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah sol, deermania is beginning here as well.

I pulled out my orange and red shirts so maybe I don't get shot.
    Proving tax cuts work!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Sometimes waiting until the problem is at hand to find a soloution is too late.
    Too late for some but not for all. That is one of the problems with humans, that some will hurt because we wait until the last moment to fix things. IMO it is because the foresight of people is limited because of short life spans.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah shortlifes and the promise of an afterlife.
    Proving tax cuts work!