Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Tech is censoring speech through autocorrect

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Default Big Tech is censoring speech through autocorrect

Every time I try to say something bad about a democrat or the media, or any liberal organization, autocorrect tries to change it to something else. This is done on SMS text, as well as FB message and google search.

For example, if I try to say Obama sucks to a group chat on FB it will automatically change the text to something like Obama success. I have to go in and manually spell it out. This happens a lot on my android device too when using swipe to text.

But it only occurs when talking about democrats/lib groups. If I say, hey you suck, then it works fine.

Also if you search for something bad about a democrat, the suggestions will be of positive things. If you type Hillary is a C. Google will suggest, content, campaigning, charming, etc.

Sometimes if I try to like a conservative post or comment on FB, I've noticed it won't go through. My like doesn't appear or is taken away. Even some comments mysteriously disappear.

Eventually, if liberal big tech has its way it will stop all criticism of democrats/Liberal groups. You will attempt to type something out, and it will edit it, and not allow you to use any negative language.

This is the first step towards our brave new world, and an Orwellian hell.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Probably cause you got nothing to say that ain’t been said before, their doing everyone else a favor

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Probably cause you got nothing to say that ain’t been said before, their doing everyone else a favor
    when did you become a disgusting totalitarian?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Irish (08-22-2020)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Every time I try to say something bad about a democrat or the media, or any liberal organization, autocorrect tries to change it to something else. This is done on SMS text, as well as FB message and google search.

For example, if I try to say Obama sucks to a group chat on FB it will automatically change the text to something like Obama success. I have to go in and manually spell it out. This happens a lot on my android device too when using swipe to text.

But it only occurs when talking about democrats/lib groups. If I say, hey you suck, then it works fine.

Also if you search for something bad about a democrat, the suggestions will be of positive things. If you type Hillary is a C. Google will suggest, content, campaigning, charming, etc.

Sometimes if I try to like a conservative post or comment on FB, I've noticed it won't go through. My like doesn't appear or is taken away. Even some comments mysteriously disappear.

Eventually, if liberal big tech has its way it will stop all criticism of democrats/Liberal groups. You will attempt to type something out, and it will edit it, and not allow you to use any negative language.

I remember when you right wingers thought communists were everywhere. Now it's your computer that is plotting against you.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

anonymoose (08-22-2020), Irish (08-22-2020)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I remember when you right wingers thought communists were everywhere. Now it's your computer that is plotting against you.
    no. its the people programming the computer and collecting all the data and using it to facilitate internationalist fascist totalitarianism.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Irish (08-22-2020)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's not censoring it's an auto assist that doesn't understand slang, lingo, texting speak, or bad English. It's also poorly set up and difficult with a small touch screen. You can just turn it off some places supposedly but don't ask me how.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    That's not censoring it's an auto assist that doesn't understand slang, lingo, texting speak, or bad English. It's also poorly set up and difficult with a small touch screen. You can just turn it off some places supposedly but don't ask me how.
    Clearly Hillary Clinton is behind it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (08-23-2020)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Another sit around, hurry up & wait to see what happens with FB: So if God blessed America why is it that problems in American politics are supposedly to be cured & resolved 2020 by either a batty senility dementia case with a history of plagiarism or an economics mastermind with a history of bankruptcies & practices coronavirus pseudoscience disregarding laws of nature & natures God ?

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    Another sit around, hurry up & wait to see what happens with FB: So if God blessed America why is it that problems in American politics are supposedly to be cured & resolved 2020 by either a batty senility dementia case with a history of plagiarism or an economics mastermind with a history of bankruptcies & practices coronavirus pseudoscience disregarding laws of nature & natures God ?
    viruses are too small to be impeded by a porous mask of any kind.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    And yet Trumpanzees are preaching the national religion diatribe coronavirus will disappear....

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    And yet Trumpanzees are preaching the national religion diatribe coronavirus will disappear....

Trump Wins,
    by definition

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Hmm, yet, recently Kansas had data showing counties with masks had less Covid-19 cases.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Hmm, yet, recently Kansas had data showing counties with masks had less Covid-19 cases.

did they publish their findings on the changing size of viruses?

sounds groundbreaking.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So you are pro censorship of things said before? Guess Biden/Harris can never speak again.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (08-23-2020)