Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McEnany calls out CNN for having guests who pushed Russia collusion

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default McEnany calls out CNN for having guests who pushed Russia collusion

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany responded to CNN's reporting on her past rhetoric about President Trump by turning the tables on the liberal network, slamming the outlet for allowing guests to push the Russia collusion narrative after newly-released transcripts from Congressional hearings showed there was no evidence of such collusion.

McEnany, a former CNN commentator, has been a staunch supporter of President Trump -- but wasn't always a fan, judging by remarks she made in 2015, during the GOP primary race.

In cable news clips shared by CNN's "KFile" reporter Andrew Kaczynski, McEnany denounced remarks Trump made about Mexican immigrants during his campaign launch as "racist." She also called him a "showman" and not a "serious candidate."

At Friday's press briefing, PBS White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor asked McEnany if she "still believes" Trump's comments were racist.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, I'm actually glad you asked that because for about the first four weeks of the election, I was watching CNN and I was naively believing some of the headlines that I saw on CNN," McEnany said. "I very quickly came around in support of the president. In fact, CNN hired me. I was on many 8-on-1 panels where I proudly supported this president, who I believe is one of the best presidents, if not the best president this country will ever have."

She continued: "But I would encourage the individual who did that analysis of my past -- rather than focusing on me, he should be focused at some of the very guests CNN chose to have on their network."

McEnany singled out former Director of National Intelligence-turned-CNN analyst James Clapper, who famously stated on air that the Watergate scandal paled in comparison to the Russia investigation. McEnany said that "10 days" after Clapper made that statement, he told investigators behind closed doors there was "no evidence of collusion" between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

She then quoted former U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice and former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, all of whom could not confirm that there was such evidence that advanced the Russia probe into Trump's campaign.

"For three years, two years -- probably more than that, CNN ran with the collusion narrative and if the American people are watching right now, they're probably very confused as to some of the quotes I've read because those individuals were saying much different things publicly than they were saying privately," McEnany continued. "And I'm very grateful those transcripts were released yesterday. And perhaps the KFile should [do] an analysis of that."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-14-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Does The New York Times want to take back that fear of the virus may be spreading faster than the virus itself?
    Does NPR want to take back that the flu was a much bigger threat than the coronavirus?coronavirus?"
    The Washington Post, would they like to take back that the government should not respond aggressively to the coronavirus?"

The newly-minted press secretary then wrapped up that press conference.

"I'll leave you with those questions and maybe you'll have some answers in a few days," McEnany said before leaving the briefing room.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/kaylei...pt-revelations

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The media is doing their best to gaslight the whole thing.

Durham, what are you waiting for?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,170 Times in 33,867 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Laughs are premature lol.

Unlike you and your fellow collusion zealots, I’m not predicting anything or calling it IT! I’m willing to wait and see what he has.

Unlike a certain other ‘investigation’ this one doesn’t leak like a sieve or call Russians into court and then acting surprised when the Russians actually show up.

Oops.

This investigation is different if only for that reason. So basically, no one knows what Durham has—and they won’t know, until he tells us something.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Laughs are premature lol.

Unlike you and your fellow collusion zealots, I’m not predicting anything or calling it IT! I’m willing to wait and see what he has.

Unlike a certain other ‘investigation’ this one doesn’t leak like a sieve or call Russians into court and then acting surprised when the Russians actually show up.

Oops.

This investigation is different if only for that reason. So basically, no one knows what Durham has—and they won’t know, until he tells us something.
    This will be like all the other investigation you got all excited about. The majority of Americans don’t care about Barr’s bogus investigation, COVID and the economy are what they care about now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (08-14-2020)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This will be like all the other investigation you got all excited about. The majority of Americans don’t care about Barr’s bogus investigation, COVID and the economy are what they care about now.
    Because the media exists primarily to gaslight the public.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because the media exists primarily to gaslight the public.
    Nah, that’s just your perception, Alice.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah, that’s just your perception, Alice.
    Is what it is.

So you don’t think it will matter if people are charged with using our own taxpayer funded intelligence apparatus to spy on a presidential campaign?

I’m half persuaded you’re right.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is what it is.

So you don’t think it will matter if people are charged with using our own taxpayer funded intelligence apparatus to spy on a presidential campaign?

I’m half persuaded you’re right.
    It’s another Barr lie, the man has been discredited, people see it for what it really is, a scam.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It’s another Barr lie, the man has been discredited, people see it for what it really is, a scam.
    What do you think of Clapper’s lie?

McEnany singled out former Director of National Intelligence-turned-CNN analyst James Clapper, who famously stated on air that the Watergate scandal paled in comparison to the Russia investigation. McEnany said that "10 days" after Clapper made that statement, he told investigators behind closed doors there was "no evidence of collusion" between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. [OP link]

Why would Clapper go on CNN and say something he knew wasn’t true? Keep in mind this is a whole different category of lying than what Trump is accused of—sometimes, accurately, daily.

He was lying to someone about a very serious thing. He was either lying to the viewers or was lying to investigators. And I was under the impression that lying to investigators was a crime.

Maybe you can explain it. Or not.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What do you think of Clapper’s lie?

McEnany singled out former Director of National Intelligence-turned-CNN analyst James Clapper, who famously stated on air that the Watergate scandal paled in comparison to the Russia investigation. McEnany said that "10 days" after Clapper made that statement, he told investigators behind closed doors there was "no evidence of collusion" between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. [OP link]

Why would Clapper go on CNN and say something he knew wasn’t true? Keep in mind this is a whole different category of lying than what Trump is accused of—sometimes, accurately, daily.

He was lying to someone about a very serious thing. He was either lying to the viewers or was lying to investigators. And I was under the impression that lying to investigators was a crime.

Maybe you can explain it. Or not.
    Clapper is right, once historians get to dig into this, Trump’s crimes will be far worse than anything Tricky Dick and Reagan combined ever did.

Trump lies everyday on TV

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Clapper is right, once historians get to dig into this, Trump’s crimes will be far worse than anything Tricky Dick and Reagan combined ever did.

Trump lies everyday on TV
    Well, it’s being ‘dug into’ as we speak lol.

I don’t understand how Clapper can be ‘right’ when he told CNN viewers one thing and investigators something else—basically the opposite thing.

That’s not speaking on a subject and having the facts wrong; spinning them or even mischaracterizing them—it’s a lie. Straight up. In fact it goes into the ‘damned lie’ category.

And I file your speculations about whatever crimes you believe Trump committed in with the rest of your past speculations on the same subject.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Barr interview sez Durham is making up lost time due to COVID.
    But it's difficult to prove criminal intent - either Durham hits them for conspiracy, or it just more abuse of power

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-14-2020)