Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “Trump opposes postal money that would help vote-by-mail”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default “Trump opposes postal money that would help vote-by-mail”

“WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Thursday that he opposes additional funding for the U.S. Postal Service, acknowledging that his position would starve the agency of money Democrats say it needs to process an anticipated surge in mail-in ballots during the coronavirus pandemic.”

“Trump also claimed anew — falsely — that Democrats were pushing for universal mail-in voting and predicted without providing evidence that mail-in voting would lead to massive voter fraud in the November election. Polls indicate Trump is in for a tough reelection fight against Democrat Joe Biden.“

“Trump said on “Mornings with Maria,” “They need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots.” He added, “If they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”

“Biden, responding during a meeting in Delaware on the coronavirus, told reporters the comments were, “Pure Trump. He doesn’t want an election.”

https://apnews.com/14a2ceda724623604cc8d8e5ab9890ed

So let me see if I have this correct, Trump says mail in voting is ripe for corruption, well except in Florida and North Carolina where he encourages it, yet he doesn’t want to allocate funds to secure it, correct?

Biden is correct, Trump doesn’t want an election, along with the other institutions and traditions he has destroyed it appears our democratic election system is next, and all for his own ambitions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-13-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Thursday that he opposes additional funding for the U.S. Postal Service, acknowledging that his position would starve the agency of money Democrats say it needs to process an anticipated surge in mail-in ballots during the coronavirus pandemic.”

“Trump also claimed anew — falsely — that Democrats were pushing for universal mail-in voting and predicted without providing evidence that mail-in voting would lead to massive voter fraud in the November election. Polls indicate Trump is in for a tough reelection fight against Democrat Joe Biden.“

“Trump said on “Mornings with Maria,” “They need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots.” He added, “If they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”

“Biden, responding during a meeting in Delaware on the coronavirus, told reporters the comments were, “Pure Trump. He doesn’t want an election.”

So let me see if I have this correct, Trump says mail in voting is ripe for corruption, well except in Florida and North Carolina where he encourages it, yet he doesn’t want to allocate funds to secure it, correct?

Biden is correct, Trump doesn’t want an election, along with the other institutions and traditions he has destroyed it appears our democratic election system is next, and all for his own ambitions
    so you still can't discern the difference between absentee and mass mail out/in ?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-14-2020), Stretch (08-13-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Basically, he is against voting.

He already said he wanted to delay the election.

Trump is anti-voting, period.

That's the way it always goes with fascists.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

We're about to see a President handed his ass by Congress. It's about as sane as Trump's effort to defund Social Security.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-13-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

Basically, he is against voting.

He already said he wanted to delay the election.

Trump is anti-voting, period.

That's the way it always goes with fascists.
    Trump wants to win reelection really, really bad. Really.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

What I want to know is why—in this of all elections, where recounting can go past January 20th, is mail in voting so damned important?

No, COVID is not an excuse. If people can go to Walmart they can go to the polls.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (08-13-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What I want to know is why—in this of all elections, where recounting can go past January 20th, is mail in voting so damned important?

No, COVID is not an excuse. If people can go to Walmart they can go to the polls.

The smart people aren't going to Walmart The smart people are ordering Amazon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-13-2020)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because removing Trump is the only thing that matters, and this makes that easier to accomplish.

That is what this is all about.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Because removing Trump is the only thing that matters, and this makes that easier to accomplish.

You think COVID-19 is a vast, wide Left Wing conspiracy to bring down Trump? Why are the Euros, Russians and Asians in on the conspiracy? Why are they losing billions in revenue and spending billions to research a cure for a fake virus just to get rid of Trump?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-13-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    so you still can't discern the difference between absentee and mass mail out/in ?
    There is no difference other than volume.

Mail in ballots are the same thing as absentee ballots.

If your argument against it is that it will be too hard or take too long, then that's not you projecting confidence that your guy will win.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would recounting go that long?

Who told you it would go that long?

You didn't come up with that thought yourself, so who said it?

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

Yeah, the more people who vote, the less likely Conservatives are to win.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-13-2020)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stupid. Some people can't go to Walmart. They need someone to do it for them. You don't want them to be able to vote, obviously. I wonder why. Oh, I forgot. You worship an Orange God. Counting cannot go past January 20th. The last day to vote is November 3rd. Counting needs to be completed by the time the electoral college meets in December. Those dates are fixed by law. The current administration ends on January 20th. Because of the incompetence of the administration, the virus is likely to be running rampant between now and November 3rd. Voting by mail is done all the time. You know your guy is losing, and you are supporting his efforts to cheat. Why? Because you are unAmerican. A traitor. You will be treated as such in the future. Too late to recant.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-13-2020)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Usps is billions in the red trying to do what theyre intended to do. They have to get their ducks in a row and that will require congressional help on regulations.
    Theyve neither the time nor the money to assist the democrat party stuff the ballot box.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Yeah, the more people who vote, the less likely Conservatives are to win.
    The more chaotic the process the easier it is to rig.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.