Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hiden Biden View Post
    I don't do the political wilderness.

You ask a great question and in the interest of civility, I will answer.

I voted for GW in 2000 and 2004. Back then, I could be fairly described as a straight up republican kinda person. I voted for some democrats in local elections, but never at a national level. Back then I bought into the Republican ethos of "free trade managed by free trade agreements (more on this), strong military etc. Back then I believed that these elected Republicans believed the same things like smaller government etc.

And then something strange happened. Bush 41 gets into office with a Republican Senate and a Republican House and he grows fucking government in ways I would only expect of a democrat with the medicare drug benefit and his bullshit education bill. But, still I supported him. I supported going into Iraq at the time. I still think it made sense at some level, but they completely bungled the execution. I obviously supported wiping out Afghanistan but never wanted us to be there 20 years.

Over those years I watched supposed Republicans betray conservative principles time and time again. I watched Bush allow himself to be pushed around by democrat lies to the point it damaged the Republican Party as a whole. It was at this point I realized that the Republican Party as constructed was full of shit. They talked the talk at election time but at every point when given power they failed to exercise it. They allowed themselves to be bullied by the media and their allies in the democrat party. Whether they were pussies or just lying, I never quite figured out, but the result was still the same so it didn't matter.

On all sorts of issues the republicans betrayed conservatives
    - free trade at all costs to the point of hollowing out our middle class and manufacturing base
    - never seeing a country they didn't want to invade
    - and the biggest issue of all, illegal immigration

The last one is what really tore it with me. Bush tried to push it through but got slapped down by the American people. I still think Bush is a good man, but he isn't an ideological conservative.

That gets us to McShamnesty and Pierre Delecto. The Republican Party couldn't have picked worse candidates. The final straw was watching what the McShamnesty campaign did to Sarah Palin. I knew right then and there what a douche prick McShamnesty was. I did not vote for him in 2008.

I did not vote for Romney in 2012. I wasn't going to vote for the douchebag that gave us the precursor to Obummercare.

I am a reluctant Trump supporter. In 2016, I was a Ted Cruz guy through and through. Ideologically he is rock solid, but he has horrible political skills and is not a good retail politician. He would make a great Supreme Court Justice. In the end in 2016, I had a binary choice with Scalia's seat vacant. I didn't know what Trump would do. He could fuck me like other Republicans had, but I sure as hell knew what that cunt Crooked Hillary would do. So I pulled the lever for Trump and I have had ZERO regrets about it.

I honestly don't know what his political ideology is and truth be told, I don't think he really has one in the sense that most of use try to pigeon hole people. But, I do know this. He loves America. He is trying to fix all of the wrongs that the globalists in the republican and democrat party have created. I also know that from a governing standpoint, he has governed more conservatively than any President since Reagan and maybe even as far back as Coolidge.

I will do whatever it takes to see he is re-elected in 2020. Whatever it takes
    Thanks Don, I appreciate your honestly & laying it out there.

I have gone through a similar metamorphose, although I landed in a different spot....... I think Dutch & a few others have been on similar adventures as well.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

He is trying to fix all of the wrongs that the globalists in the republican and democrat party have created.
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Grokmaster (08-12-2020)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Thanks Don, I appreciate your honestly & laying it out there.

I have gone through a similar metamorphose, although I landed in a different spot....... I think Dutch & a few others have been on similar adventures as well.
    In all seriousness, the democrat party has completely fucked up dealing with Trump from the get go. They could have co-opted him and gotten much of what they wanted. As I said, I don't know if he has a political ideology, but I do know he likes to do deals. But, the democrat party decided that it was in their best interest to not deal with him. Now, on a certain level I get that. The GOP was no different with Obama. Although they had severe ideological differences.

Trump could have been dealt with. But they chose to fight him. And one thing about Trump that they were unprepared for was Trump fights back. He hits back. I guess after years of dealing with pussies like Bush 41, Bush 43, McShamnesty and Pierre Delecto. They never fought back.

I knew I was dealing with someone different during the Kavanaugh fight. There isn't another Republican that would have fought back on that nomination. They all would have caved. In fact (and I can't prove this) it wouldn't surprise me if a group of RINO pussies like McCuntell went to Trump and said "we can't fight this". My guess is Trump said "fuck you. fight"

Despite what many leftists accuse me, I know exactly who Trump is. I know all of his faults. I know all of his warts. But, at the end of the day, I don't live in a perfect world. And on policy he has given me everything I want. Why would I complain? Pissing off leftists is lagniappe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Grokmaster (08-12-2020)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

In all seriousness, the democrat party has completely fucked up dealing with Trump from the get go. They could have co-opted him and gotten much of what they wanted. As I said, I don't know if he has a political ideology, but I do know he likes to do deals. But, the democrat party decided that it was in their best interest to not deal with him. Now, on a certain level I get that. The GOP was no different with Obama. Although they had severe ideological differences.

Trump could have been dealt with. But they chose to fight him. And one thing about Trump that they were unprepared for was Trump fights back. He hits back. I guess after years of dealing with pussies like Bush 41, Bush 43, McShamnesty and Pierre Delecto. They never fought back.

I knew I was dealing with someone different during the Kavanaugh fight. There isn't another Republican that would have fought back on that nomination. They all would have caved. In fact (and I can't prove this) it wouldn't surprise me if a group of RINO pussies like McCuntell went to Trump and said "we can't fight this". My guess is Trump said "fuck you. fight"

Despite what many leftists accuse me, I know exactly who Trump is. I know all of his faults. I know all of his warts. But, at the end of the day, I don't live in a perfect world. And on policy he has given me everything I want. Why would I complain? Pissing off leftists is lagniappe.
    A somewhat refreshing post, all things considered.

I get supporting someone for ideology/policy. But when Trump supporters talk about the guy like he's Lincoln or something, I feel like they're insane.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
    CNN
    @CNN
    Joe Biden made the pick that maximized his chances of continuing to make the race a straight referendum on Trump while also selecting someone whose resume suggests being ready to step in, if and when Biden decides to step aside.| Analysis by @CillizzaCNN

I think this will be sooner rather than later.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

None of us live in a perfect world for sure..

While I don't necessarily agree w/ all your conclusions (nor you mine) you have a grounded & thought out foundation for your opinions......

Most ppl don't bother to form their own opinions & are unable to articulate what they believe, much less how they came to any conclusions~cause they didn't..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

None of us live in a perfect world for sure..

While I don't necessarily agree w/ all your conclusions (nor you mine) you have a grounded & thought out foundation for your opinions......

Most ppl don't bother to form their own opinions & are unable to articulate what they believe, much less how they came to any conclusions~cause they didn't..
    My views have evolved over time. I still believe in free trade but not what it became. Both parties fucked over the middle class

11. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Grokmaster (08-12-2020)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My views have evolved over time. I still believe in free trade but not what it became. Both parties fucked over the middle class
    Mine have as well....... I believe in the market as well & agree it isn't free..... To big to fail, as an example, is a fail IMHO.....

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mine have as well....... I believe in the market as well & agree it isn't free..... To big to fail, as an example, is a fail IMHO.....
    There is another area that soured me on the RINOS was the financial crisis. We have a serious problem with moral hazard in this country. It begins with corporations and banks taking huge financial risks and then holding the taxpayer hostage. I was pissed about the bailouts.

Should have let them go bankrupt. The fears were overblown.

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is another area that soured me on the RINOS was the financial crisis. We have a serious problem with moral hazard in this country. It begins with corporations and banks taking huge financial risks and then holding the taxpayer hostage. I was pissed about the bailouts.

Should have let them go bankrupt. The fears were overblown.
    I felt the same way even-though I would be cutting off my nose despite my face....

& what really pissed me off on top of that was Obama & his AG sent nary a one to jail............ They got their bonuses & vacations etc.

Many of the real crooks got golden parachutes & we got the shaft.........

Even back during the S & L fiasco they made sure some did some time...........

A real blight on this country & our financial system.......

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    If it was black and she turned the batteries off, maybe.....
    There are no batteries. Most likely it IS black.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, THE LOONY RIGHT IS SPENDING ALL THEIR OXYGEN ATTACKING A VICE PRESIDENT PICK 80 DAYS FROM A NATIONAL ELECTION

IT REALLY CAN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-14-2020)

18. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, THE LOONY RIGHT IS SPENDING ALL THEIR OXYGEN ATTACKING A VICE PRESIDENT PICK 80 DAYS FROM A NATIONAL ELECTION

IT REALLY CAN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.
    Well they have lots of stored up hare & anger that's just gotta come out............

If it was Jesus of Nazareth they would thrash him just as venomously in support of their true messiah of queens nyc..

19. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,065 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post

Joe Biden has chosen Kamala Harris, the prominent senator from California whose political career has included many barrier-breaking moments, as his running mate, his campaign announced on Tuesday.

The decision comes more than a year after Harris, who was also a 2020 Democratic candidate, clashed with Biden over racial issues during the first primary debate. If elected, she would be the nation’s first female, first Black and first Asian American vice president.

Picking Harris, who is 55, will also provide the ticket with some generational diversity. Biden, who is 77, would be the oldest president-elect in U.S. history.

Harris, the only Black woman in the U.S. Senate, was first elected in 2016 after serving as California’s Attorney General and, before that, San Francisco District Attorney. A native of Oakland, California, and the child of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, Harris has said she was inspired to attend law school after joining civil rights protests with her parents.

"She’s been a fighter and a principled leader and I know because I’ve seen her up close and I’ve seen her in the trenches," Biden said of Harris at a virtual fundraiser in June.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-mate-n1235771
    The dems didn't want her but now they do? Fucking idiots.