Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden selects Kamala Harris as his running mate - President 46 & 47

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Joe Biden selects Kamala Harris as his running mate - President 46 & 47

Joe Biden has chosen Kamala Harris, the prominent senator from California whose political career has included many barrier-breaking moments, as his running mate, his campaign announced on Tuesday.

The decision comes more than a year after Harris, who was also a 2020 Democratic candidate, clashed with Biden over racial issues during the first primary debate. If elected, she would be the nation’s first female, first Black and first Asian American vice president.

Picking Harris, who is 55, will also provide the ticket with some generational diversity. Biden, who is 77, would be the oldest president-elect in U.S. history.

Harris, the only Black woman in the U.S. Senate, was first elected in 2016 after serving as California’s Attorney General and, before that, San Francisco District Attorney. A native of Oakland, California, and the child of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, Harris has said she was inspired to attend law school after joining civil rights protests with her parents.

"She’s been a fighter and a principled leader and I know because I’ve seen her up close and I’ve seen her in the trenches," Biden said of Harris at a virtual fundraiser in June.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-mate-n1235771
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-11-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jamaican and Indian ... bring it Racist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-11-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,239 Times in 13,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Get ready, as we've seen above, the obvious attacks on her race and sex are soon to follow

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-11-2020), Phantasmal (08-11-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Get ready, as we've seen above, the obvious attacks on her race and sex are soon to follow

She's not Thin-Skinned like Little Hands Trump and Limp Dick Pence

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

On one hand you aren't wrong in the least but at the same time don't act like the exact same thing wouldn't happen in reverse. It doesn't justify it but it's what happens in politics and Democrats and liberals have no issue attacking women or others based on race. Look at how people on the right attack Biden and he's a cisgender white male. Any candidate he picked is going to be attacked. It's politics.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post

Joe Biden has chosen Kamala Harris, the prominent senator from California whose political career has included many barrier-breaking moments, as his running mate, his campaign announced on Tuesday.

The decision comes more than a year after Harris, who was also a 2020 Democratic candidate, clashed with Biden over racial issues during the first primary debate. If elected, she would be the nation’s first female, first Black and first Asian American vice president.

Picking Harris, who is 55, will also provide the ticket with some generational diversity. Biden, who is 77, would be the oldest president-elect in U.S. history.

Harris, the only Black woman in the U.S. Senate, was first elected in 2016 after serving as California’s Attorney General and, before that, San Francisco District Attorney. A native of Oakland, California, and the child of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, Harris has said she was inspired to attend law school after joining civil rights protests with her parents.

"She’s been a fighter and a principled leader and I know because I’ve seen her up close and I’ve seen her in the trenches," Biden said of Harris at a virtual fundraiser in June.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-mate-n1235771
    I like that a real Gen Xer is on the ticket.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Bourbon (08-11-2020), Phantasmal (08-11-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    On one hand you aren't wrong in the least but at the same time don't act like the exact same thing wouldn't happen in reverse. It doesn't justify it but it's what happens in politics and Democrats and liberals have no issue attacking women or others based on race. Look at how people on the right attack Biden and he's a cisgender white male. Any candidate he picked is going to be attacked. It's politics.
    Which women have liberals attacked based on race?

They get attacked because they're stupid, not because they're white.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Attacking a candidate on race and sex isn't just politics, and can't say I can recall a lot of Democrats leveling sexual innuendos and race implications regarding qualifications on many GOP women candidates

15. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2020)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Attacking a candidate on race and sex isn't just politics, and can't say I can recall a lot of Democrats leveling sexual innuendos and race implications regarding qualifications on many GOP women candidates
    You have a short memory my friend if you've forgotten 2008 and Sarah Palin then. We saw it with Hermain Cain and Ben Carlson when they ran. And we've already seen it when Nikki Haley was floated as a possible replacement for Pence (an Indian Uncle Tom she was referred to as).

And within your own party the Bernie Bros and their sexism toward Hillary was a front and center complaint in 2016 and beyond and there were complaints among liberals about Biden's own team and their handling of the VP search and the sexism involved.

I'm not supporting any racist or sexist attacks but remember the whole glass houses thing when you complain about it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-11-2020), RB 60 (08-12-2020)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,282 Times in 13,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

Here's the latest idiocy from Harris who teamed up with AOC to produce a travesty of injustice in a proposed bill in the House.

Sen. Kamala Harris and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez disclosed a proposed bill Monday that seeks to protect low-income communities from the dangers posed by climate change.
    Titled the Climate Equity Act, the plan would establish an independent Office of Climate and Environmental Justice Accountability that would score all new environmental regulations for their impact on low-income communities.
    https://news.yahoo.com/kamala-harris...204142721.html

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    She's not Thin-Skinned like Little Hands Trump and Limp Dick Pence
    Anyone who calls his wife "Mother" like Pence does, is either into incest or a limp dick.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2020)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have a short memory my friend if you've forgotten 2008 and Sarah Palin then. We saw it with Hermain Cain and Ben Carlson when they ran. And we've already seen it when Nikki Haley was floated as a possible replacement for Pence (an Indian Uncle Tom she was referred to as).

And within your own party the Bernie Bros and their sexism toward Hillary was a front and center complaint in 2016 and beyond and there were complaints among liberals about Biden's own team and their handling of the VP search and the sexism involved.

I'm not supporting any racist or sexist attacks but remember the whole glass houses thing when you complain about it.
    No, can't recall anyone referring to knee pads regarding Palin nor listing Carson's only qualifications being his race, not quite the same ball park

23. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-11-2020)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-11-2020)