Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamila Harris

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kamala Harris is a black woman with an Asian kicker. And she made Bill Barr look like a buffoon. Pence is shitting his pants. Bye Trump!!!

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

3. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. I'll go even further and say that goes for people of both sexes around their friends. It might be one reason why Hillary had a November surprise from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
    https://www.270towin.com/map-images/bRgO6.png

Another factor which I don't see addressed a lot except tangentially is the 40% of voters who are Independents. Like myself, most Independents feel neither party represents them; that both parties cater to special interests and put party before country. The high percentage of Independents would help explain why, since 2009, most Americans think our country is going in the wrong direction. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...untry-902.html

When a high percentage of American voters belong to neither party yet recognize their elected reps will belong to one party or the other, then, IMO and using a little game theory, the best solution is to keep both parties off balance by always voting for the challenger or Third Party. That may be what happened in both 2016 and 2018 and what we might see again in 2020, 2022 and 2024.
    People who live in swing states without Ranked Choice Voting often live to regret voting their conscience instead of least worst case voting.

I bet there are a lot of Floridians who have regretted their votes in 2000 and 2016.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

5. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,670 Times in 17,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

People who live in swing states without Ranked Choice Voting often live to regret voting their conscience instead of least worst case voting.

I bet there are a lot of Floridians who have regretted their votes in 2000 and 2016.
    I would wager that there are many people who regret your post cheering the economic loss to millions of Americans and their families caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain.

6. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Yakuda,

That post crossed a line. I don't recall having specifically pointed out my Ignore Policy to you, so I'll do so now:

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate!

I'd be fine to talk about politics all day long but personal attacks cross the line. Many think this board should be nothing more than a big insult fest. But the truth is: this board is what we make it. I choose to make it about discussing politics, not one another. You can mix it up with others all you like but I draw the line right where the discussion is no longer about politics but about other posters. The third sentence of your post crossed that line. Cross it again and we won't be talking any more. I hope that doesn't happen. For a more academic experience in debating politics, curtail those habits when talking to me and we can have years of stirring discussions. Your choice.

Now you know what I stand for.

Well thanks for that. With all due respect if you never talk to me again my life will go on. It really doesn't matter to me. That's not meant to be disrespectful it's just how it is. Now to the matter at hand, I stand by my statement. The entire thing is indisputably true. If that gets me on your pip or whatever the hell it is then so be it. You can either address the reality or ignore it. The choice is yours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

8. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I’ll bite on your last paragraph. When have we ever tried to cut spending? We have over $20 trillion in debt not to mention trillions in unfunded liabilities.

To suggest we tried it, it failed, and we need to spend even more is a rather distorted and frightening concept in my eyes
    We've been around this subject before and you have never been able to suggest enough cutting to balance the budget without crashing the economy. The only viable solution at this point is to tax the rich more.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

10. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Wasn’t the sequestration mostly aimed at the military? Ultimately they were still running deficits of hundreds of billions of dollars so it wasn’t all much of a cut in spending.

I don’t think what we’re doing is working. We’ve had the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression and this is with running massive deficits and multiple rounds of QE and continued easy money policies. It’s not good nor is it sustainable.

We could write a dissertation on what needs to be changed.
    Please begin.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

12. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where did I use the word radical or call anything radical?
    You said "left of Bernie", if you dont consider that radical I apologize for the incorrect assumption.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,670 Times in 17,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"

14. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (08-12-2020)

15. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You said "left of Bernie", if you dont consider that radical I apologize for the incorrect assumption.
    This is what I wrote:

"She may not be as left as Bernie but she’s to the left of Joe."

I don't think that needs clarification but if it does she is not as left wing as Bernie but she is to the left of Joe. Thus not a 'true moderate'.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

17. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Well, you think the FDA is "bad" and that everyone should have guns.
    Feel free to post where I said any of that. Not only are you stupid, you lie a lot.

18. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is what I wrote:

"She may not be as left as Bernie but she’s to the left of Joe."

I don't think that needs clarification but if it does she is not as left wing as Bernie but she is to the left of Joe. Thus not a 'true moderate'.
    Ah, I misread it. You are correct. I retract my statement.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

19. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Hello Dutch Uncle,

That has been a misnomer for decades.

Democrats have lately been cleaning up the budget messes left by Republicans. And it looks like it will happen again.

Looks like we might soon find out if it is a conservative myth that taxing the rich more will cause them flee the country.
    It will certainly cause them to flee New York.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

21. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Yakuda,

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Well thanks for that. With all due respect if you never talk to me again my life will go on. It really doesn't matter to me. That's not meant to be disrespectful it's just how it is. Now to the matter at hand, I stand by my statement. The entire thing is indisputably true. If that gets me on your pip or whatever the hell it is then so be it. You can either address the reality or ignore it. The choice is yours.
    Thanks for an honest answer. Saves me from wondering how to handle this. Makes it easy. I refuse to enable internet abuse by pretending if it happened once that it won't continue.

If it truly was not meant to be disrespectful then an apology would have been easy. Instead, there came a doubling down. Textbook passive/aggressive.

When there are so many good posters who are able to make their point without getting personal it is illogical to do anything other than stand up for what I believe in.

Good advice from Michelle Obama: When they go low, we go high.

Have a good life.

22. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-12-2020)

24. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Yakuda,

Thanks for an honest answer. Saves me from wondering how to handle this. Makes it easy. I refuse to enable internet abuse by pretending if it happened once that it won't continue.

If it truly was not meant to be disrespectful then an apology would have been easy. Instead, there came a doubling down. Textbook passive/aggressive.

When there are so many good posters who are able to make their point without getting personal it is illogical to do anything other than stand up for what I believe in.

Have a good life.
    It was easy for me to come to the conclusion, too.

25. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-12-2020)

27. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Yakuda,

Have a good life.
    I won't ever apologize for calling bullshit when I see or hear bullshit. Can't live with it? Then pip me. I wish it did matter to me but there are just too many other more important things to care about in life.

Its like when they have those abused dog commercials and ask that you send money. I can't get excited about that when babies are being killed in the womb. I love my dog more than most leftists but if it's a choice between a dog or a baby the baby gets my compassion before the dog. Just how it is. Don't like it? Oh well.
    Last edited by Yakuda; 08-12-2020 at 08:51 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Earl (08-12-2020)