Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: BLM Declares Looting "OK", Says It's "Reparations"

1. #421 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Again, I never made that stuff central to my argument.

Then you didn't watch the video, or you didn't understand it, because that was the theme.
    I have understood the concept of institutional racism for many years. I said I did not mention or discuss it. I don't have to comment on everything in the video to have watched it. Just because a woman gives her views does not obligate me to agree with her. Most black women go to work, take care of their families, and are responsible citizens and would call this woman crazy for trying to justify or explain away looting. Yet, they have lived through all the same things as the woman in the video.

The fact that this lady's great, great grandfather MIGHT have done unpaid labor does not justify looting many years later because very few blacks resort to such criminal activites.

I say "might" have done unpaid labor because there is a good chance her relatives were not slaves.

"Since 1990, according to immigration figures, more [blacks] have arrived voluntarily than the total who disembarked in chains before the United States outlawed international slave trafficking in 1807. More have been coming here annually -- about 50,000 legal immigrants -- than in any of the peak years of the middle passage across the Atlantic, and more have migrated here from Africa since 1990 than in nearly the entire preceding two centuries."

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/21/n...f-slavery.html

2. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I have understood the concept of institutional racism for many years.
    Have you, now? What have you understood?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

4. #423 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have to comment on everything in the video to have watched it.
    Watching it and understanding it are two completely different things. One is passive (your tendency) the other is active (what you avoid).

Just because a woman gives her views does not obligate me to agree with her.
    It's impossible for you to agree or disagree with something you are actively choosing to ignore.

Most black women go to work, take care of their families, and are responsible citizens and would call this woman crazy for trying to justify or explain away looting.
    You don't know any black women, Flash. None. Isn't it possible that black women harbor this resentment, they're just not sharing that resentment with you specifically because of how you react?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, Flash, but most people probably don't share their thoughts or feelings on race with you because they don't trust you to listen. You've proven that as much on this thread.

5. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

6. #424 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The fact that this lady's great, great grandfather MIGHT have done unpaid labor does not justify looting many years later because very few blacks resort to such criminal activites.
    Wow...so you're questioning her blackness now too.

You are truly a horrible person. Probably one of the worst on JPP. What a piece of shit. You should delete this comment because it wreaks of racism, ignorance, and laziness.

7. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

8. #425 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I say "might" have done unpaid labor because there is a good chance her relatives were not slaves.
    Centrism, folks!

This is probably the shittiest thing you have ever said on JPP.

And now it gets to live on the internet forever.

9. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

10. #426 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Since 1990, according to immigration figures, more [blacks] have arrived voluntarily than the total who disembarked in chains before the United States outlawed international slave trafficking in 1807. More have been coming here annually -- about 50,000 legal immigrants -- than in any of the peak years of the middle passage across the Atlantic, and more have migrated here from Africa since 1990 than in nearly the entire preceding two centuries."

So...when black people were brought here as slaves, they didn't have kids?

11. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

12. #427 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have understood the concept of institutional racism for many years. I said I did not mention or discuss it. I don't have to comment on everything in the video to have watched it. Just because a woman gives her views does not obligate me to agree with her. Most black women go to work, take care of their families, and are responsible citizens and would call this woman crazy for trying to justify or explain away looting. Yet, they have lived through all the same things as the woman in the video.

This is probably the most racist, most disgusting thing you've ever posted on JPP.

You don't know shit about that woman's background, her family history, but you're attempting to discredit her so you don't have to reconcile the fact that you have exploited a system to achieve personal success at her expense.

Thanks for showing us who you really are.

It's a tragedy that you have to attack a woman's heritage given the context that most black people in this country don't know when their ancestors came here, as opposed to you, who I'm 99.9999999% certain does know when and from where your ancestors came.

You are such a horrendous, awful person.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

14. #428 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, I've said I'm Jewish, but do I invoke that heritage as the central piece of my argument? No. But you do. Habitually. And it always ends the same way; with your credibility thrown further into doubt.

You should know by now that I am very surgical and exact when I latch onto something...and if it's something as fungible as your values or given circumstances, I will instinctually drill down into it in order to suss out the bullshit, sophistry, and bias. You've been reading my posts for 2 years now...I don't deviate from that. So you should expect that healthy skepticism and doubt from me.

I am not a "take them at their word" kind of person.
    I made one statement about my wife. That is hardly making something the central argument. All the other comments about my wife came from you---you made the big deal about it.

There is nothing surgical about your posts. You distort, lie, make up things, forget things, and seldom debate issues but resort to personal insults and foul language--all signs of a hostile sociopath. You clearly have fascist leanings and are intolerant of our 1st amendment freedoms.

If you want to debate issues that is fine. Otherwise, I choose not to engage in any more trash talk or personal insults from you. The other posters wanted to know why I was wasting my time with you because they all recognize your irrational behavior.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Sailor (08-21-2020)

16. #429 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most black people in this country don't have the privilege of knowing from where and when their ancestors came here...most definitely the woman in the video (who is older than 30, BTW).

So you are doing the work of racists for them by saying that the woman in the video could not even be descended from slaves, so she has nothing to complain about.

But the fact is you don't know her heritage or her family tree, and she probably doesn't either because her family history has been erased thanks to the system that you've personally exploited for your own benefit.

17. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

18. #430 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I made one statement about my wife.
    Yes, but the statement was the central piece of your entire argument, so naturally, I am going to drill down into it and get the full truth because I know you filter things through your bias prism before shitting them out on JPP.

There is nothing surgical about your posts. You distort, lie, make up things, forget things, and seldom debate issues but resort to personal insults and foul language--all signs of a hostile sociopath. You clearly have fascist leanings and are intolerant of our 1st amendment freedoms.
    All I do is quote what you say back to you, and you think that's unfair.

If you want to debate issues that is fine. Otherwise, I choose not to engage in any more trash talk or personal insults from you. The other posters wanted to know why I was wasting my time with you because they all recognize your irrational behavior.
    Whenever we debate issues, Flash, you always, always, always, always end up retreating to your anecdotes and unverifiable personal circumstances.

Always. That is the pattern.

You: I'm (insert some qualifier or circumstance)

Me: Prove it,.

You: No.

That's the pattern. Every time.

19. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

20. #431 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I made one statement about my wife. That is hardly making something the central argument. All the other comments about my wife came from you---you made the big deal about it. .
    No, you are trying to gaslight here because you are the one who invoked her in the debate as your counter-argument to what the woman was saying in the video about institutional racism and its effects on minority communities, particularly Black communities.

Now you're trying to back away from it because you realized it opened up a whole other can of worms you weren't prepared to defend.

You think your wife doesn't tell you about how what she faces takes a personal toll...because it doesn't? Try not to act surprised when she divorces you in a few years.

21. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-21-2020)

22. #432 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most black people in this country don't have the privilege of knowing from where and when their ancestors came here...most definitely the woman in the video (who is older than 30, BTW).

So you are doing the work of racists for them by saying that the woman in the video could not even be descended from slaves, so she has nothing to complain about.

But the fact is you don't know her heritage or her family tree, and she probably doesn't either because her family history has been erased thanks to the system that you've personally exploited for your own benefit.

ANCESTRY.COM. MOST AMERICANS OR ANY RACE DO NOT KNOW MUCH MORE THAN 3-4 GENERATIONS....SO???

NOT AN EXCUSE FOR VIOLENT CRIMINLAITY...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Into the Night (08-21-2020)

24. #433 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

ANCESTRY.COM. MOST AMERICANS OR ANY RACE DO NOT KNOW MUCH MORE THAN 3-4 GENERATIONS....SO???

NOT AN EXCUSE FOR VIOLENT CRIMINLAITY...
    Agreed. I have no clue about my background and it has no effect on me. It has nothing to do with how I choose to live my life today.

25. #434 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed. I have no clue about my background and it has no effect on me. It has nothing to do with how I choose to live my life today.
    But the thing is, you can very easily find out your background, and it certainly DID have an effect on you because you got advantages other people didn't, or you didn't face obstacles other people did because of their race and gender.

You want us to think you achieved whatever mediocrity you achieved through solely your hard work, and not because of a system that gave you an advantage despite your mediocrity. Because if you have to admit you didn't really work that hard to achieve whatever you achieved, then you can't really posture any of the things you posture here.

26. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Flash (08-24-2020)

27. #435 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

But the thing is, you can very easily find out your background, and it certainly DID have an effect on you because you got advantages other people didn't, or you didn't face obstacles other people did because of their race and gender.

You want us to think you achieved whatever mediocrity you achieved through solely your hard work, and not because of a system that gave you an advantage despite your mediocrity. Because if you have to admit you didn't really work that hard to achieve whatever you achieved, then you can't really posture any of the things you posture here.
    DEMOCRATS = BURNING CITES...AMERICANS KNOW THIS.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber