Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A GREAT LINE FROM JENNIFER RUBIN of THE WASHINGTON POST!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I don't think so, I seldom agree with many of their tenets, but like any political ideology, they offer an alternative, and in some cases, America has done well with conservative philosophy.

What we have now in the GOP isn't conservatism, personally I see it as the end product of thirty years of hate initiated with the popularity of talk radio, melodrama sells, the more evil the bad guys are the more the perpetrators make, what the GOP has done has rode the wave inorder to attain political success taking the party away from its conservative roots
    While you're making stuff up, you should reconsider the lies you regularly spew about Chicago.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...cago-gun-myth/

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,926 Times in 13,193 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I would like to see both parties move toward the center.

Not become each other, because we need differing views and perspectives, but less of an "all-or-nothing" mindset.
    Yes, we really do need that.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I make shit look scholarly
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I just loved this comment. Hope you do, too.

In anticipation of President Trump’s loss in November, there is a cottage industry of speculation about the fate of the post-Trump Republican Party. The New York Times’s David Brooks pines for a Republican Party without racism, anti-government animus or unbridled faith in free markets. (The technical term for that might be “the Democratic Party.”)

Jennifer is correct. What David Brooks is looking for is the Democratic Party. That is what almost every sane American should be seeking.

Me...ehhh...I'm an Independent. But sometimes ya gotta boost the other guy!
    I don't blame Brooks for not breaking with the Republican Party. If he is a conservative, he should stick with his party and speak up and stand up to the racists, xenophobes, homophobes, Science haters, and misogynists that hi-jacked and wrecked his party.

He can't do that and turn around and vote for Donald Trump. So put up or shut-up Brooks!

BUT ON SUBJECT- WOW! HER MESSAGE HIT'S HOME TO SO MANY!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 08-11-2020 at 08:12 PM.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    You forgot to mention that each one of those periods represents one of your IQ points.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB putin 60 View Post
    Trump is still a better "piece of shit" than Biden. Biden would be a puppet for the likes of Pelosi and Schumer,
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Thank you for the ad hominem and red herring. Since you've said the Progressive Left would have done better, do give some examples from that period.

Question:

You write:

Nature abhors a vacuum. What would replace it?
    Something else than American conservatism...that disgusting blight on humanity.

What would succeed it?
    Something other than American conservatism...that disgusting blight on humanity.

Thank you for asking, TA.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't care how hot it is, you need to stop. (Although I can imagine that NJ heat is not fun so I feel for you.)
    Thanks, CA.

Stop with the facade that Jennifer Rubin is a conservative Republican. She is nothing of the sort no matter how the WaPo tries to label her.
    The Washington Post and I both label her a LIBERAL.

Read what I wrote...and see that you distorted the intent. My point that a liberal, like Jennifer Rubin is boosting the correct party...as are the many conservatives I mentioned. They are disgusted with Trump...as well they should be. It is not only liberals and middle-of-the-roaders who find him to be a disgusting abomination...but also many influential conservatives.

I'm a Republican who did not vote for Trump so I have no issue with others who do the same. BUT there is a difference between being a Republican/conservative and not supporting certain things he does and being what Jennifer Rubin has become.
    I understand you not supporting certain things Trump does...thoroughly. I truly grok that. I felt that same way about Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein. I just did not support certain things they did.

She has true TDS and even when Trump does something conservative she is now against it. That's the difference. You know longer have any principles you are simply against whatever this person does no matter how you've felt about the issue prior. And people have complied her past tweets and it is not a pretty site. (If you want a point of comparison it's equivalent to all things Trump tweeted about Obama when Obama was in office and then Trump doing the same things once he was in office.)
    My opposition to Trump has less to do with politics...than the fact that I think him to be the most ignorant, stupid, bumbling, incompetent, classless person ever to represent America on the world's stage.

I thought I had made that clear.

But, I appreciate the opportunity to say it again.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

9. #39 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Poor Bill, defeated and reduced to a laughing gif again.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Considering the GOP has been into market liberalism since 1854, I can only assume Jennifer slept through history classes.
    Thank you for sharing what you assume, Chaz, but Jennifer Rubin is sharp as a tack.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I don't think so, I seldom agree with many of their tenets, but like any political ideology, they offer an alternative, and in some cases, America has done well with conservative philosophy.

What we have now in the GOP isn't conservatism, personally I see it as the end product of thirty years of hate initiated with the popularity of talk radio, melodrama sells, the more evil the bad guys are the more the perpetrators make, what the GOP has done has rode the wave inorder to attain political success taking the party away from its conservative roots
    I appreciate what you are saying, Archives, and there may be some truth and worth to it. But it is my opinion that American conservatism is a blight on the planet...

...and I was addressing American conservatism NOT the GOP. So your comments about the GOP really do not apply here.

12. #42 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Thanks, CA.

The Washington Post and I both label her a LIBERAL.

Read what I wrote...and see that you distorted the intent. My point that a liberal, like Jennifer Rubin is boosting the correct party...as are the many conservatives I mentioned. They are disgusted with Trump...as well they should be. It is not only liberals and middle-of-the-roaders who find him to be a disgusting abomination...but also many influential conservatives.

I understand you not supporting certain things Trump does...thoroughly. I truly grok that. I felt that same way about Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein. I just did not support certain things they did.

My opposition to Trump has less to do with politics...than the fact that I think him to be the most ignorant, stupid, bumbling, incompetent, classless person ever to represent America on the world's stage.

I thought I had made that clear.

But, I appreciate the opportunity to say it again.
    Frank, you will repeat it again and again. No justification needed.

You should be getting ready to go golfing!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You keep thinking that, cupcake.
    I intend to, Sweetie.

We've seen what the leftists want..they are not going to get it. They may get what they deserve, even.
    What the "leftists" want and deserve...and what all Americans want and deserve...

...is to be rescued from this disgusting piece of garbage who has infested the Oval Office...and made our great nation the laughing stock of the world.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I don't blame Brooks for not breaking with the Republican Party. If he is a conservative, he should stick with his party and speak up and stand up to the racists, xenophobes, homophobes, Science haters, and misogynists that hi-jacked and wrecked his party.

He can't do that and turn around and vote for Donald Trump. So put up or shut-up Brooks!

BUT ON SUBJECT- WOW! HER MESSAGE HIT'S HOME TO SO MANY!
    Yes it does indeed. Listen to them cry here in JPP!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (08-12-2020)

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Frank, you will repeat it again and again. No justification needed.

You should be getting ready to go golfing!
    Visited the golf course yesterday to see a few friends. Did not play...or even consider playing. The temp felt like 95. People were going out. Not sure how they do it, but most looked much younger than I. I take my short, fast walk (about a mile and a quarter) each morning before it gets too hot.

I cannot wait for America to be rid of this disgusting man, Trump.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-12-2020)