Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evictions in South Carolina signal dire straits for renters

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    We are buying a bigger house and renting our current residence soon. Because I am worried about a renter moving in
    and using covid relief to not pay, I will be very selective. That's bad news for people with only fair credit or even good credit.
    I'm sure I won't be the only one. Look for Trump homelessness to increase yugely.

More Maga!
    Having been a Landlord myself what you say makes total sense. From a political perspective you are a liberal correct? And liberals know there is systemic racism in America and one way that manifests itself is BIPOC have lower credit scores or no credit at all. So by saying you will only consider renters with high credit scores you are continuing white privilege and systemic racism.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-10-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    We are buying a bigger house and renting our current residence soon. Because I am worried about a renter moving in
    and using covid relief to not pay, I will be very selective. That's bad news for people with only fair credit or even good credit.
    I'm sure I won't be the only one. Look for Trump homelessness to increase yugely.

More Maga!
    LOL Slumlord FTW
    Talk about exploiting the poor! Wow, bro, you don't even hide you hypocrisy

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Would u rent your house to 6 Mexicans with landscaping jobs that have no credit score?
    Over a tubby, diseased MAGAt? Yes. Over and over.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-10-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello guno,

I bet thousands just got evicted when the hold got lifted.
    Herbert hover trump
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-10-2020), PoliTalker (08-10-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Herbert hover trump
    He really just does not care what happens to people.

His only consideration is will it help reelection or no.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello guno,

He really just does not care what happens to people.

His only consideration is will it help reelection or no.
    So what exactly should Trump, and by extension the federal government, do here? Do you think the federal government should step in and somehow prevent evictions from private property across the country?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So what exactly should Trump, and by extension the federal government, do here? Do you think the federal government should step in and somehow prevent evictions from private property across the country?
    During the Great Depression, Landlords would evict their Tenants ... then be left with empty buildings ... then, after awhile, ... the Homeless would move into them ... and turn them into squalid hovels.
    The Lesson Learned ... reduce Rents voluntarily to have a responsible person living in the place and taking care of it.
    Or ... maintain Top Dollar Rents and Evict people when they can't pay.
    You too may be one of the Lucky that has their own Crack House.

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Yes. Like they did in Europe. And let us not forget that it never had to get this bad. If we had had good responsible leadership from the start the pandemic response guidelines never needed to become political. We needed a party transcendent unified response to the pandemic, logically, because the virus doesn't care about politics. We are all in this together. It never should have become political. That has hurt us badly. Good leadership would have saved millions of jobs and reduced the need of government to step in.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

Yes. Like they did in Europe. And let us not forget that it never had to get this bad. If we had had good responsible leadership from the start the pandemic response guidelines never needed to become political. We needed a party transcendent unified response to the pandemic, logically, because the virus doesn't care about politics. We are all in this together. It never should have become political. That has hurt us badly. Good leadership would have saved millions of jobs and reduced the need of government to step in.
    I don’t believe the European Union dictates how each country handles their housing policies (although it’s possible I’m wrong but I doubt it).

Do you want an executive order coming from the President stating Landlord’s can’t evict tenants?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Let me see if I have this right.... You are going to rent your old home to someone but only if they positively, certainly have the means to pay the rent and utilities passing over less creditworthy persons. Then you blame this course of action on Trump.

Plastic Jesus approves!
    He comes here claiming to be a bleeding heart Lefty but is just as much a bread head as anyone else. Even for a Calicunt he's a bit special.

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She'll never answer that, like so many on the Left she just waffles and whines but never offers practical measures, no wonder she bans so many!

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Having been a Landlord myself what you say makes total sense. From a political perspective you are a liberal correct? And liberals know there is systemic racism in America and one way that manifests itself is BIPOC have lower credit scores or no credit at all. So by saying you will only consider renters with high credit scores you are continuing white privilege and systemic racism.
    He's always been a hypocrite, typical Californian turbo lib! If Trump wins you'll have to book a spot to jump off the Golden Gate bridge it will be that busy.