Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Pelosi, Schumer ready to make a deal after executive orders

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Its not smoke and mirrors that Pelosi played games with the Stimulus to fill it chock full of liberal wish list and the gop rejected it 3 times and trump just signed an executive order giving americans that need it relief...LIBERALS cant change those facts with drivel and bloviations
    It is also not true. The Dems want funding for states and local govt. to deal with Corona. They want to fund more testing. They want some hazard pay to essential workers. They want help for renters and homeowners to stem foreclosures and evictions. They want stimulus checks like the last go-round. They want to provide help to small businesses and help SNAP.
    Are these bad ideas Yoda? Are you against these?
    Last edited by Nordberg; 08-10-2020 at 01:14 PM.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...er-ready-make/
    Just because Trump says something does not make it true:

"Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Monday denied that top Democrats had reached out to the White House to restart negotiations on coronavirus aid despite claims from President Trump that they had.

"Fables from Donald Trump. Fables. That's what he seems to specialize in. I didn't call him. Speaker Pelosi didn't call him. No, we didn't call him," Schumer said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" when asked about the president's assertion.

"He makes these things up or hears from somebody at one of his fundraisers or at his country club," Schumer continued. "'Oh, the Democrats are calling you.' He acts like it's true."

A senior Democratic aide also said there had been no contact with Trump from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) or the Senate minority leader."

Democrats deny outreach to Trump since talks collapsed
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its not smoke and mirrors that Pelosi played games with the Stimulus to fill it chock full of liberal wish list and the gop rejected it 3 times and trump just signed an executive order giving americans that need it relief...LIBERALS cant change those facts with drivel and bloviations
    So, Trump stole money from FEMA. At the start of the hurricane season. What could go wrong? He did so to propose some shell game program in which the States that Trump likes will get a pass and the states he doesn't like will have to pony up. And of course every state will have to put in a program to disperse the funds, since the Federal Government can't, by law, directly distribute money not allocated by Congress. Once again, what could possibly go wrong? Trumps EO is completely ineffective. Taxpayers will not see their paychecks get bigger, because no employer will be stupid enough to distribute money to employees that they will ultimately be accountable for themselves, and before this phony UE benefit can be distributed, the entire EO will be shot down. You are a sucker. Trump thanks you for your stupidity and your fealty to your Orange God. Don't pretend you aren't a Trumptard. You aren't fooling anyone.

The only thing that he actually could accomplish was to suspend college debt payments and interest, and I'm pretty confident that won't impact you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-10-2020)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would ask you what that liberal wish list is, but you aint got a clue. Nothing- nada.
    Trumps executive order will never come to fruition, most of it is illegal, nothing to bite into.
    Now the Democrats produced a bill to help Americans several months ago, but the Senate never bothered to even vote on it. So where is the republican bill?
    Most likely in the same place as their health care bill.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-10-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    I would ask you what that liberal wish list is, but you aint got a clue. Nothing- nada.
    Trumps executive order will never come to fruition, most of it is illegal, nothing to bite into.
    Now the Democrats produced a bill to help Americans several months ago, but the Senate never bothered to even vote on it. So where is the republican bill?
    FloridaFan when you ask a question, you should wait for an answer before you make yourself look foolish.

The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, mandate that airlines reduce their overall carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of "minority banks."

And, the legislation would provide for the automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas and restrict colleges from providing information about citizenship status. It would also allocate $35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

"People are dying and all Nancy Pelosi and Democrats can focus on is ripping off the American taxpayer to help pay for their liberal wish list of government handouts," National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...hange-wishlist

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    So, Trump stole money from FEMA. At the start of the hurricane season. What could go wrong? He did so to propose some shell game program in which the States that Trump likes will get a pass and the states he doesn't like will have to pony up. And of course every state will have to put in a program to disperse the funds, since the Federal Government can't, by law, directly distribute money not allocated by Congress. Once again, what could possibly go wrong? Trumps EO is completely ineffective. Taxpayers will not see their paychecks get bigger, because no employer will be stupid enough to distribute money to employees that they will ultimately be accountable for themselves, and before this phony UE benefit can be distributed, the entire EO will be shot down. You are a sucker. Trump thanks you for your stupidity and your fealty to your Orange God. Don't pretend you aren't a Trumptard. You aren't fooling anyone.

The only thing that he actually could accomplish was to suspend college debt payments and interest, and I'm pretty confident that won't impact you.
    Drivel that has nothing to do with my Post...get back on topic and come talk

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Yoda,

"Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Monday denied that top Democrats had reached out to the White House to restart negotiations on coronavirus aid despite claims from President Trump that they had.

"Fables from Donald Trump. Fables. That's what he seems to specialize in. I didn't call him. Speaker Pelosi didn't call him. No, we didn't call him," Schumer said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" when asked about the president's assertion.

"He makes these things up or hears from somebody at one of his fundraisers or at his country club," Schumer continued. "'Oh, the Democrats are calling you.' He acts like it's true."

A senior Democratic aide also said there had been no contact with Trump from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) or the Senate minority leader."

Of course just because trump says it doesnt make it true, I wholeheartedly agree with that...but uh hate to break this to you but it works the other way around also.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you have anything of value to say ? can you disprove my thread.

You are quoting Trump so there's really nothing adult to disprove

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...er-ready-make/
    Trump lied, and you believed him, shocker

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

FloridaFan when you ask a question, you should wait for an answer before you make yourself look foolish.

The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, mandate that airlines reduce their overall carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of "minority banks."

And, the legislation would provide for the automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas and restrict colleges from providing information about citizenship status. It would also allocate $35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

"People are dying and all Nancy Pelosi and Democrats can focus on is ripping off the American taxpayer to help pay for their liberal wish list of government handouts," National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...hange-wishlist
    This is not the stimulus bill that the House passed in May, you dumb fuck.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know you all realize that Trump, set up Pelosi and spanker her in front of the entire country. She stuck a laundry list in the bill and trump let her go far enough to allow everyone to know what she was up to then he trumped her.

No way you can change the facts...you can only create false narrative or change the subject

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

There is none. Republicans cannot agree with themselves. They are in no position to negotiate. They don't have a position.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Drivel that has nothing to do with my Post...get back on topic and come talk
    I accept your unconditional surrender.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is not the stimulus bill that the House passed in May, you dumb fuck.
    First of all I was never talking about may, this isnt may this is august...but im going to ask you man up not to insult me and for you to try and be civil...
    Dont take that as a sign of weakness that would be a mistake...take it for what it is a simple request.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Yoda,

amazing lol....Just because Democrats say it doesnt make it true...in fact its almost a given