1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    FloridaFan when you ask a question, you should wait for an answer before you make yourself look foolish.

The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, mandate that airlines reduce their overall carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of "minority banks."

And, the legislation would provide for the automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas and restrict colleges from providing information about citizenship status. It would also allocate $35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

"People are dying and all Nancy Pelosi and Democrats can focus on is ripping off the American taxpayer to help pay for their liberal wish list of government handouts," National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...hange-wishlist
    And did the Republicans come back with a counter offer which stripped out those objectionable things and proposed a lessor amount of stimulus money? Where is the Republican bill?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

First of all I was never talking about may, this isnt may this is august...but im going to ask you man up not to insult me and for you to try and be civil...
    Dont take that as a sign of weakness that would be a mistake...take it for what it is a simple request.
    The House passed a stimulus bill in May that the Senate has not bothered to consider. Anything before that time is meaningless. Is that right sweetheart?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

Of course just because trump says it doesnt make it true, I wholeheartedly agree with that...but uh hate to break this to you but it works the other way around also.
    3 top people said the Democrats did not approach or call Trump to renegotiate after his EO.

Trump said they did, but has nothing to back it up, no record of a call or visit. As usual, he is making unfounded and completely baseless claims again.

That's 3 against 1. Clearly, Trump lied again.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-10-2020)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hell Yoda,

I know you all realize that Trump, set up Pelosi and spanker her in front of the entire country. She stuck a laundry list in the bill and trump let her go far enough to allow everyone to know what she was up to then he trumped her.

No way you can change the facts...you can only create false narrative or change the subject
    Actually it is the other way around. Pelosi is shrewd. She could see, as everyone else could, that Republicans were all over the place and had no agreement, no bill, nothing they could vote on. She was smart to let Trump threaten to 'take charge.' She set HIM up and he fell for it. Everybody said, including Republicans, that the president's power is not great enough to do this without Congress. But Trump wouldn't listen to the experts - he never does. He stepped right into it.

OK, he's had his 15 minutes of fame out of that one, now he will reap the repercussions for months, right up until November 3rd. Little of what he claimed will happen before then. People are not going to be getting an extra $400 with their unemployment checks. That ran out, and his order calls on States to set up a whole new system and also contribute funds to it. States are strapped. That's not happening. Trump overstepped his bounds, as usual. So now he's on the hook for people expecting an extra $400 and they are not going to be getting the money he promised. That's not the best way to get votes, promising people money they really need and then not delivering. He can call it a win right now. The proof will be after the people find out it was BS, all the way up to November 3rd.

Trump better hope he can get Republicans to agree on something that the Democrats will also approve if he wants to get out of this pickle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-10-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

amazing lol....Just because Democrats say it doesnt make it true...in fact its almost a given
    It's 3 against 1.

Trump could produce phone or visit records, an email, a text, something? His word is worthless.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Yoda,

It's 3 against 1.

Trump could produce phone or visit records, an email, a text, something? His word is worthless.
    3 against 1, and the one lies when the truth will do. Compulsive liars lie. That's why they're called compulsive liars

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-10-2020)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

Hello Yoda,

3 top people said the Democrats did not approach or call Trump to renegotiate after his EO.

Trump said they did, but has nothing to back it up, no record of a call or visit. As usual, he is making unfounded and completely baseless claims again.

That's 3 against 1. Clearly, Trump lied again.

Read this entire article and eventually you will get to the statement. Pelosi is Clearly dangling an olive branch after Trump stuck it to her signing the exec orders now she wants to salvage her embarrassment.

This article is dated TODAY...read it.

We have to reach an agreement," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday. "Meet us halfway and we'll be able to have an agreement that meets the needs of the American people."

https://www.cnet.com/news/can-stimul...ppening-today/

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

Read this entire article and eventually you will get to the statement. Pelosi is Clearly dangling an olive branch after Trump stuck it to her signing the exec orders now she wants to salvage her embarrassment.

This article is dated TODAY...read it.

We have to reach an agreement," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday. "Meet us halfway and we'll be able to have an agreement that meets the needs of the American people."

https://www.cnet.com/news/can-stimul...ppening-today/
    It doesn't say who Speaker Pelosi said that TO. Sounds like it was a response to a reporter. And all she is doing is reiterating what she has been saying all week. Democrats were at 3.2 Trillion, and offered to drop that by one trillion. Republicans were (sort of) at 1 trillion (but they couldn't even agree on that much) and lacked the unity to even make a sound compromise of 2 trillion, the halfway point Pelosi placed on the table last week. No counter offer has been made by the Republicans because Mitch doesn't have the votes to stand behind it.

Your link: "The executive orders have bypassed the stalled negotiation between the Democratic-led House and the administration, but detractors have cast doubt whether the president's actions will effectively help people. There are also questions as to Trump's ability to legally make certain decisions that constitutionally require an act of Congress.

"This is an unworkable plan," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday during an interview on ABC News. "Most states will take months to implement it, because it's brand new. It's sort of put together with spit and paste. And many states, because they have to chip in $100 [per person for the unemployment benefit], and they don't have money, won't do it." "

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

It doesn't say who Speaker Pelosi said that TO. Sounds like it was a response to a reporter. And all she is doing is reiterating what she has been saying all week. Democrats were at 3.2 Trillion, and offered to drop that by one trillion. Republicans were (sort of) at 1 trillion (but they couldn't even agree on that much) and lacked the unity to even make a sound compromise of 2 trillion, the halfway point Pelosi placed on the table last week. No counter offer has been made by the Republicans because Mitch doesn't have the votes to stand behind it.

Your link: "The executive orders have bypassed the stalled negotiation between the Democratic-led House and the administration, but detractors have cast doubt whether the president's actions will effectively help people. There are also questions as to Trump's ability to legally make certain decisions that constitutionally require an act of Congress.

"This is an unworkable plan," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday during an interview on ABC News. "Most states will take months to implement it, because it's brand new. It's sort of put together with spit and paste. And many states, because they have to chip in $100 [per person for the unemployment benefit], and they don't have money, won't do it." "
    they're just mad trump wouldn't eliminate id checks at in person voting locations and eliminate the signature verification on mailins.

they're mad trump wouldnt legalize voter fraud.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

Trying to justify adding all kinds of crap to a bill that should have been straightforward and cut and dried and written as quickly as possible to help americans that need it. Instead we got months of democrats playing games hoping it would hurt trump and/or they could slide some unrelated crap by the gop

Pelosi knows she mistepped and took it too far and waited too long and Trump out trumped her.