Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HAHAHA Brooklyn College Prof says MATH is "white supremacist patriarchy"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Yeah, I'm familiar with Paulo Friere, his text "A Pedagogy for Liberation" was required reading for many teacher training courses in Australia in the 1980's. The original "Critical Theory" was developed by the Frankfurt School Marxists in America in the 1950's (I think). It was a diabolically clever blend of orthodox Marxist theory mixed with Sigmund Freuds theories of the subconscious mind. The most notable proponent of Critical theory was the "Frankfurt School philosopher and Marxist Herbert Marcus, In the US in the 1960's he published two two very influential text in Critical theory: "One Dimensional Man" which was a withering attack on American capitalism/consumer society/technological rationality and "Eros and Civilization" in which he argued that American capitalism and cultural institutions - where became referred to as "the establishment by his student followers - repressed the human sex drive (eros/ the Freudian libido) These texts becam a large part of the intellectual foundation of the hipp/counter-culture movement. It was Marcuse who championed the doctrine of "free love"/sexual promiscuity among US college students and he who coined the well-known motto "Make Love Not War" when America became entangled in the war in Vietnam in the mid-1960s. Marcuse ultimately became a counter-culture Guru and played an important role in forming the radical "New Left" political movement in America". He was a brilliant, though misguided thinker who wrote some of the most sophisticated and compelling utopist prose you will ever read (esp:"One Dimensional Man"). At the end of the day, though, he was an obsessive hardcore Marxist whose sole aim was to destroy capitalism and the United States.

Dachshund

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,293 Times in 13,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    why would someone get 2 BS degrees? And a masters is a stepping stone many skip over to a PhD he didn't apparently merit.

Most people I know have PhDs from Minnesota, Yale, Harvard, UCSD, Columbia etc graduate programs. Tops in the world at grad level.

NONE are Republicans. You people are fucking morons and everyone at my level knows it.

Why do you get to vote? Why do you even have first amendment free speech?
    Why would a supposedly smarter than anyone on the Right or in the Middle Leftist resort to ad hominem and insults as a rebuttal?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-10-2020), Sailor (08-10-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Why would a supposedly smarter than anyone on the Right or in the Middle Leftist resort to ad hominem and insults as a rebuttal?
    Pay him no mind Chief. That dude is as full of shit as a Christmas turkey.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Pay him no mind Chief. That dude is as full of shit as a Christmas turkey.
    Popeye you've got shit for brains.
    Lock Him Up

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Africa is a the cradle of mathematical sciences for the world.
    Really? So why is africa such a sewer now?
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    I saw this last week, and one of the arguments these idiots were making was that an integer could range from +/- .5 of it's value so 2.4+ 2.4=4.8 could be written as 2+2=5 after rounding. However, the equation was integers strictly, so it's really just sophistry
    HAHAHA. So that's the "argument" they're using!!
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Racist scum
    Yes he's extremely racist but those points are mostly true though. As to the reasons, now that a whole different kettle of fish. Here is a black grandmaster called Pontus Carlsson, he's of Colombian origin and was raised in Sweden. Oh and FIDE says there are 1661 GMs!

phpKIl4rW.jpg

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...encks-gap.html
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 08-10-2020 at 09:02 PM.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have two BS and an MA (Did it for fun. Easiest degree I got) but who's counting...
    That is meaningless unless you say what your degrees are in. Only STEM degrees are worth bragging about.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Education has to be privatized. Govt can't do anything right. You have to have competition.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    why would someone get 2 BS degrees? And a masters is a stepping stone many skip over to a PhD he didn't apparently merit.

Most people I know have PhDs from Minnesota, Yale, Harvard, UCSD, Columbia etc graduate programs. Tops in the world at grad level.

NONE are Republicans. You people are fucking morons and everyone at my level knows it.

Why do you get to vote? Why do you even have first amendment free speech?
    And all these PHDs you know got their degree is some useless easy verbal subject like etruscan mythology. Those don't count. Only STEM counts.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Really? So why is africa such a sewer now?
    West Africans are extremely intelligent especially those that go to Christian schools.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anonymoose (08-11-2020)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is meaningless unless you say what your degrees are in. Only STEM degrees are worth bragging about.
    Yet despite being asked many times you've always refused to say anything about your own education, why is that?

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

what kind of dumb shit is this? I can't keep up with the dumbing down of America
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,293 Times in 13,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Industrial Engineering and Computer Programming. The MA is in military history but that's just a hobby for me.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Industrial Engineering and Computer Programming. The MA is in military history but that's just a hobby for me.
    He'll never tell you what his educational level is, I've asked him many times.