Thread: New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump t

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump t

New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

I would rather see Mount Rushmore destroyed, before that ignorant, arrogant, pompous fool, is enshrined on Mount Rushmore?!!

This piece of shit, does not rate being on Rushmore, on money or even a statue, unless he builds it himself?!!

Washington (CNN)White House aides reached out to South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem last year about the process of adding additional presidents to Mount Rushmore, the New York Times reported.

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times, Noem then greeted Trump when he arrived in the state for his July Fourth celebrations at the monument with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included his face.

Noem has noted before Trump's "dream" to have his face on Mount Rushmore, the Coolidge-era sculpture that features the 60-foot-tall faces of Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.

According to a 2018 interview with Noem, the two struck up a conversation about the sculpture in the Oval Office during their first meeting, where she initially thought he was joking. "I started laughing," she said. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/polit...ota/index.html

P**S On Trump Urinal Screen

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Cypress (08-09-2020), Guno צְבִי (08-09-2020), PoliTalker (08-09-2020), Trumpet (08-09-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I would rather see Mount Rushmore destroyed, before that ignorant, arrogant, pompous fool, is enshrined on Mount Rushmore?!!
    Don't worry, it will be eventually. The process of erasing our country's history is slow moving.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Grokmaster (08-09-2020), PostmodernProphet (08-09-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Don't worry, it will be eventually. The process of erasing our country's history is slow moving.
    Yeah, I totally forgot we ever had a civil war by now without all those statues to remind me.

Hey.

Maybe if we take down all those statues of Obama we can erase him too.

Wouldn't it be nice to just forget he was ever president?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (08-09-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

How does removing a statue "erase our country's history?"

Nearly every community in America, especially the smaller towns, all have some memorial statue in the middle of the town, and I guarantee that the majority of people from those towns who have moved away can't recall what war that memorial recognizes

Always went with the Al McGuire opinion, buy me a beer when I am alive rather than naming a street after me when I die

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Charoite (08-09-2020), Trumpet (08-09-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anonymoose,

Yeah, I totally forgot we ever had a civil war by now without all those statues to remind me.
    Who mentioned the civil war?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (08-09-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    How does removing a statue "erase our country's history?"
    Who mentioned a statue?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (08-09-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard the Mount Rushmore deal fell through when he found out they could not make him in orange.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here is a good example of Trump's psychopathic narcissism.
    Lock Him Up

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

"...
    According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times.."

SAME OLD MADEUP, LYING-ASS, ANONYMOUS-SOURCED BULLSHIT FROM THE SLIMES....

LEFTISTS ARE SUCH FUCKING DUPE MORONS...THEY FALL FOR THE SAME SHIT EVERYDAY.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

serious question.......which is more gullible......the NYT or singlemankenny......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Grokmaster (08-09-2020), Sailor (08-09-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    serious question.......which is more gullible......the NYT or singlemankenny......
    SMG...THE SLIMES ISN'T "GULLIBLE"...THEY KNMOW THEY ARE LYING...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anonymoose,

Hey.

Maybe if we take down all those statues of Obama we can erase him too.

Wouldn't it be nice to just forget he was ever president?
    All statues prior to 1964 should be taken down. We need to erase our racist history. Also all Vietnam war memorials need to be taken down. We were the bad guys in that war, on the wrong side of history. Plus, we lost for a bad cause.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 20 Posts

How do you know when a president is an utter piece of shit and all-around failure?

When even his most loyal fans and apologists think that his greatest achievement would be to be on Mt Rushmore, not because he's in any way deserving of it, but because it would, in their minds, annoy people who do not support him, which apparently means everything to them. Would be the most narcissistic legendary move if he pulled that shit off. He doesn't deserve to even look upon those presidents let alone be immortalized alongside them.
    Last edited by WalterWilson; 08-09-2020 at 04:38 PM.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

All statues prior to 1964 should be taken down. We need to erase our racist history. Also all Vietnam war memorials need to be taken down. We were the bad guys in that war, on the wrong side of history. Plus, we lost for a bad cause.
    Everything should have it's place. I see no problem with having a museum to preserve the history of the civil war. But to have it rubbed in the face of every black in a southern State is not the right way. People need to be able to go to town without being reminded they live in a caste system.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.