Thread: Europe's Top Health Officials Say Masks Aren't Helpful in Beating Covid

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Europe's Top Health Officials Say Masks Aren't Helpful in Beating Covid

Yep, the top medical experts in the world can’t decide if masks are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID-19 or just make things worse.

https://fee.org/articles/europes-top...ting-covid-19/

Denmark boasts one of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world. As of August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

That’s less than one-third of the number of Danes who die from pneumonia or influenza in a given year.

Despite this success, Danish leaders recently found themselves on the defensive. The reason is that Danes aren’t wearing face masks, and local authorities for the most part aren’t even recommending them.

This prompted Berlingske, the country’s oldest newspaper, to complain that Danes had positioned themselves “to the right of Trump.”

“The whole world is wearing face masks, even Donald Trump,” Berlingske pointed out.

This apparently did not sit well with Danish health officials. They responded by noting there is little conclusive evidence that face masks are an effective way to limit the spread of respiratory viruses.

“All these countries recommending face masks haven’t made their decisions based on new studies,” said Henning Bundgaard, chief physician at Denmark’s Rigshospitale, according to Bloomberg News. (Denmark has since updated its guidelines to encourage, but not require, the use of masks on public transit where social distancing may not be possible.)

Denmark is not alone.

Despite a global stampede of mask-wearing, data show that 80-90 percent of people in Finland and Holland say they “never” wear masks when they go out, a sharp contrast to the 80-90 percent of people in Spain and Italy who say they “always” wear masks when they go out.

Dutch public health officials recently explained why they’re not recommending masks.

"From a medical point of view, there is no evidence of a medical effect of wearing face masks, so we decided not to impose a national obligation," said Medical Care Minister Tamara van Ark.

Others, echoing statements similar to the US Surgeon General from early March, said masks could make individuals sicker and exacerbate the spread of the virus.

“Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

In Sweden, where COVID-19 deaths have slowed to a crawl, public health officials say they see “no point” in requiring individuals to wear masks.

“With numbers diminishing very quickly in Sweden, we see no point in wearing a face mask in Sweden, not even on public transport,” said Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s top infectious disease expert.

What’s Going on With Masks?
    The top immunologists and epidemiologists in the world can’t decide if masks are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID-19. Indeed, we’ve seen organizations like the World Health Organization and the CDC go back and forth in their recommendations.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know with a search engine it's easy to look up what a liar you are The Danish health authority does recommend face masks and they also require them on public transport stop being a stupid moron

3. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Trumpet (08-08-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like different places and different people trying different things so that we get definitive proof of what works and what does not work.

I cant imagine the argument against finding out.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Manufactured gotcha troll lies. ^ ^ ^ Enjoy this sandwich recipe instead of wasting your time.https://www.dilussodeli.com/recipes/...ras-muffaletta
    Last edited by Charoite; 08-08-2020 at 04:09 PM.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I like different places and different people trying different things so that we get definitive proof of what works and what does not work.

I cant imagine the argument against finding out.
    epidemiology is a well understood field, the only thing in question are the specifics on any COVID., The problem is we have a president that is pandering to uneducated morons

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Covid Success Story Stands Out for Its Controversial Mask Policy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...use-in-denmark

When Europe’s leaders were photographed last week discussing their Covid-19 rescue plan, it was the first time Danes saw their prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, wearing a face mask.

Denmark stands out for its fast and effective response to the virus, leaving it with a death rate that’s roughly a fifth that in neighboring Sweden. But Danes aren’t required to wear face masks, and local authorities generally don’t recommend them.

Now, amid the risk of a second wave of infections, some are wondering whether Denmark’s current policy is wise. The country’s oldest newspaper, Berlingske, recently noted that “the whole world is wearing face masks, even Donald Trump.” It went on to suggest that the Danes had now positioned themselves “to the right of Trump,” when it comes to masks.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    epidemiology is a well understood field, the only thing in question are the specifics on any COVID., The problem is we have a president that is pandering to uneducated morons
    "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!"

barf
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,595 Times in 4,273 Posts

"TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!"

barf
    You proved Katzgar was right in one post. Good job.https://www.alternet.org/2020/08/peo...ve-their-eyes/ This is what people think about trump lies.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You proved Katzgar was right in one post. Good job.https://www.alternet.org/2020/08/peo...ve-their-eyes/ This is what people think about trump lies.
    You people who cant generally figure out anything to talk about other than Trump can go suck each other off....somewhere else...I need to be around better people.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Sailor (08-08-2020)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You people who cant generally figure out anything to talk about other than Trump can go suck each other off....somewhere else...I need to be around better people.
    Lol, they are pretty blinded by "orange man bad" syndrome.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Sailor (08-08-2020)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Lol, they are pretty blinded by "orange man bad" syndrome.
    They are retarded, and there is no time to waste on people who cant keep up, and worse dont want to.

DARK AGES SUCK!