Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rode 20 miles of trial today

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Herd immunity seems to be the latest "lazy American" fantasy. Because we don't have to do anything. We just go about our lives, and eventually, poof! Herd immunity is achieved.

Distance, wash hands, wear a mask, test & trace. We can't be that spoiled where these things are a great hardship.
    What do you mean? Memorial Day proved that herd immunity is a thing. Countless deaths in Fla./Texas, but it will be worth it in the end.

Save for the fact that there is no immunity, as the antibodies don't last more than a couple of months.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    So begging Trump for help and putting COVID patients in nursing homes making them killing fields is your idea of leadership. You certainly have odd criteria.
    Not quite. Because the trump virus was allowed to make its way here from Europe, NY was infested. Had trump done ANYTHING in January when he was first briefed, then NY might have been able to take precautions.

Namely, sanitizing every airplane/airport.

But trump golfed, and held Klan rallies calling the virus a 'hoax'.

No begging involved. NY took action and demanded that the Feds do the same.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (08-08-2020)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-08-2020), Phantasmal (08-08-2020), Rune (08-08-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    lol trump is throwing the last pile of dirt on his re-election bid. It’s dead.
    And he's too stupid to listen to the professionals.

His polling in the suburbs is under water. What does he do? Make false promises that he's going to keep 'the blacks' from moving to the suburbs, preventing a drop in property values.

He's officially gone off the rails.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-08-2020), Rune (08-08-2020)

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    What do you mean? Memorial Day proved that herd immunity is a thing. Countless deaths in Fla./Texas, but it will be worth it in the end.

Save for the fact that there is no immunity, as the antibodies don't last more than a couple of months.

BUZZ KILL ALERT!!!!!!

Obviously we know little about the long term evolution but I have read that several times..

Also that mutation is slower compared to other, similar virus, but does that mean it will remain so??

In a few months most of us will be back indoors sharing the air w/ everyone else + colds, flu, allergies etc projecting who knows what into the air.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

BUZZ KILL ALERT!!!!!!

Obviously we know little about the long term evolution but I have read that several times..

Also that mutation is slower compared to other, similar virus, but does that mean it will remain so??

In a few months most of us will be back indoors sharing the air w/ everyone else + colds, flu, allergies etc projecting who knows what into the air.......
    This virus mutates faster than others. Many of the nurses who got Covid before my nurse GF did, no longer have antibodies. GF was sick in May, so she's about to retest for antibodies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-08-2020)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    If i was a political campaigner (which I have been in the past) I would know that
    A. its early
    B. Public polls are dodgy
    C. Pedo Joe has to face the camera at some point and that the few peaks hes given were kryptonite.
    Obviously, everyone wants to be ahead in the polls but you’re spot-on with the rest of it.

If the election were today I wouldn’t bet against Biden *but* I would be very surprised if the polls turned out to be an accurate reflection of the election results.

This is early August *in 2020* lol. I may not predict who will win but I’ll definitely predict things aren’t done happening. Lefties scoff at it [because the media Bubble scoffs at it] but Durham could be a game changer.

And Joe does have to face the camera at some point. He is *going* to say some inopportune things when he does—it’s practically a given. As I’ve pointed out before Biden has a perception problem with his cognitive state. He is going to have to convince independents and mushy democrats that it’s only a perception problem and not a real problem.

July’s economic numbers were better than expected. If the trend continues voters will have to consider whether they want to hand a recovering economy over to a new president.

This thing is far from over. The race generally tightens the closer it gets to November and I don’t see this one being any different.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Obviously, everyone wants to be ahead in the polls but you’re spot-on with the rest of it.

If the election were today I wouldn’t bet against Biden *but* I would be very surprised if the polls turned out to be an accurate reflection of the election results.

This is early August *in 2020* lol. I may not predict who will win but I’ll definitely predict things aren’t done happening. Lefties scoff at it [because the media Bubble scoffs at it] but Durham could be a game changer.

And Joe does have to face the camera at some point. He is *going* to say some inopportune things when he does—it’s practically a given. As I’ve pointed out before Biden has a perception problem with his cognitive state. He is going to have to convince independents and mushy democrats that it’s only a perception problem and not a real problem.

July’s economic numbers were better than expected. If the trend continues voters will have to consider whether they want to hand a recovering economy over to a new president.

This thing is far from over. The race generally tightens the closer it gets to November and I don’t see this one being any different.
    Too early to make predictions. To do so is a fool's errand.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-08-2020)

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Too early to make predictions. To do so is a fool's errand.
    But there’s no shortage of them lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-08-2020)

16. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

But there’s no shortage of them lol.
    Indeed! Lemme toast ya with with my free domestic beer!

17. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its fair to say the campaign has yet to start.
    Media wont waste camera time on Trump and they dare not put Pedo on camera either.
    It starts with the first "debate".
    With the economy trending up and a debate being a bloodbath for the donkeys sexual predator / village idiot this will make Hillary's collapse look heroic.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-08-2020)

19. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now I’m at my spot nursing a Big Timber IPA. Brewed over in Elkins WV. Nice little college town hardly anyone in the world knows about.

I get back to find out Schumer and Cuomo bent the knee on opening schools while I was gone. Must have been those pesky poll numbers.

Better than expected jobs numbers for July.

Schumer and Pelosi loaded up the stimulus bill with so much Green tripe that it got rejected; which opens the door for Trump to help workers with an EO.

Maybe Trump’s best day of the summer.
    Thanks, headed to Elkins with the family and all the neighbors.

Any good swimming holes you can recommend? We will be writing a review in Yankee magazine.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

20. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I worked 40 years for Friday’s like these lol.
    Fuck child labor laws in Kentucky or whatever shitheel state you live in?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

21. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. If this is as good as it gets, I feel for you.
    Angel city been real good on me.
    Another forty years or if I pay off the company store I can re-tire.

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    nice. I dodged T-Storms and got my pool time in the last 2 nights.
    It's awesome being outside and seeing the storms brew up, but I gotta hightail it outta there if I see lightning and thunder
    My arms are becoming extremely strong, and I can feel neck and back muscles building as well from stroking

Keep up the miles
    Stroke this ya fucking 'mo