Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rode 20 miles of trial today

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Seriously - no one would question masks if Trump wore & advocated for them. Fox would never speak out against them, or talk about them like they were the subject of a "debate."

It wouldn't be a big deal. Everyone would wear 'em. We'd be better off.
    Some of us question everything lol.

It’s just the way we’re wired. Ok, let’s make a deal. Since masks can’t hurt, even though the science behind it is dodgy, let’s have Fauci make HCQ part of the early stage treatment guidelines.

Can’t hurt, right?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    17 dead in nursing home in Texas. When there’s lots of COVID floating around and people have to go to work, it going to happen.
    That's sad, yes, but it doesn't compare to the thousands killed in nursing homes due to the reckless actions of Cuomo. And yet, you and your ilk revere him as some kind of hero. That's some sick shit.
    Every life matters

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

It’s just the way we’re wired. Ok, let’s make a deal. Since masks can’t hurt, even though the science behind it is dodgy, let’s have Fauci make HCQ part of the early stage treatment guidelines.

Can’t hurt, right?
    You only question what doesn't fit your agenda. Most are like that. It's not like politically minded people are discerning.

If Trump was a mask guy, you wouldn't be digging up years-old dental surveys on masks.

The science on HCQ is murky at best. You & Fox can play amateur doctor/scientist as much as you want. I'll go w/ actual recommendations from actual professionals.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You only question what doesn't fit your agenda. Most are like that. It's not like politically minded people are discerning.

If Trump was a mask guy, you wouldn't be digging up years-old dental surveys on masks.

The science on HCQ is murky at best. You & Fox can play amateur doctor/scientist as much as you want. I'll go w/ actual recommendations from actual professionals.
    53 different studies affirm HCG efficacy when used in early stage infections. That’s better than mask studies.

Why isn’t Fauci an HCG guy? The studies he goes by were done on late stage infections, when the positive studies insist HCQ has best efficacy when given within 7 days of symptom onset. Studies done on people who quarantined [per Fauci/CDC guidelines] until short of breath are useless.

Fricking .63/pill. No good reason to *not* try it, yet Fauci won’t budge on it.

Why?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-09-2020)

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

53 different studies affirm HCG efficacy when used in early stage infections. That’s better than mask studies.

Why isn’t Fauci an HCG guy? The studies he goes by were done on late stage infections, when the positive studies insist HCQ has best efficiency when given within 7 days of symptom onset. Studies done on people who quarantined [per Fauci/CDC guidelines] until short of breath are useless.

Fricking .63/pill. No good reason to *not* try it, yet Fauci won’t budge on it.

Why?
    53 studies. That certainly sounds like a fringe website claim.

The 1 major study affirming efficacy is famously flawed. Others do not. Still others say it can be dangerous.

I'm all for anything that works. Would I take it if it came to that? Remdesivir seems to be a better option, going by recommendations.

I don't know why you single out Fauci. He's not the gatekeeper on HCQ. There really isn't a reputable healthcare or medical organization or group that recommends it right now, at least for widespread use. I know we're supposed to "think for ourselves," but if I have a disease and a doctor recommends a certain treatment, I'm not going to go all maverick and take something else.

7. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

53 studies. That certainly sounds like a fringe website claim.

The 1 major study affirming efficacy is famously flawed. Others do not. Still others say it can be dangerous.

I'm all for anything that works. Would I take it if it came to that? Remdesivir seems to be a better option, going by recommendations.

I don't know why you single out Fauci. He's not the gatekeeper on HCQ. There really isn't a reputable healthcare or medical organization or group that recommends it right now, at least for widespread use. I know we're supposed to "think for ourselves," but if I have a disease and a doctor recommends a certain treatment, I'm not going to go all maverick and take something else.
    Why do you single out Trump lol?

Trump doesn’t make guidelines. That’s Fauci’s job. Real Clear Politics isn’t ‘fringe’ or at least no more fringe than the NYT.

HCQ is a very well established drug with a well established list of possible side effects and contraindications. Any competent doctor knows when not to use it.

Think of it like you do masks. If it doesn’t hurt, why not use it? What’s Fauci have to lose by putting it in the early intervention guidelines. Many doctors are already doing it. If he would encourage it instead of ‘picking a side’ it might save some lives.

Is it a political thing?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can’t hurt, right?
    While I have seen you question much, to your cred, I have seen you question your own side little..

I could be wrong?? Am I??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Dude, you're not turning everything I know upside-down just like that.
    That's some bullshit right there!
    Saltwater catfish are garbage and so are carp.
    Atlantic wolffish - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Atlantic_wolffish

Distribution in blue. The Atlantic wolffish (Anarhichas lupus), also known as the seawolf, Atlantic catfish, ocean catfish, devil fish, wolf eel (the common name for its Pacific relative), woof or sea cat, is a marine fish of the wolffish family Anarhichadidae, native to the North Atlantic Ocean.Species‎: ‎A. lupus

Phylum‎: ‎Chordata

Genus‎: ‎Anarhichas

Family‎: ‎Anarhichadidae

Characteristics · ‎Diet · ‎Reproduction · ‎Conservation status

People also ask

Are wolf fish good to eat?

The lean, pearly white flesh of the wolffish has a firm texture and a mild, sweet flavor, sometimes likened to lobster. The meat has a flake similar to cod's but not as large. Wolffish skin is edible, but since there are no scales, this species cannot be kosher.Jan 23, 2014

I have always worn steel toed fireman's boots since an ocean cat (wolf) fish bit my toe at age 13.
    It was my first summer offshore, I tried to beat it to death with a fish pick, a form of small gaff made for picking up flounders (flatfish) though I struck it it repeatedly in the head it would not relinquish my foot and my father had to come to my aid.

Last edited by Rune; 08-08-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-09-2020)

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you single out Trump lol?

Trump doesn’t make guidelines. That’s Fauci’s job. Real Clear Politics isn’t ‘fringe’ or at least no more fringe than the NYT.

HCQ is a very well established drug with a well established list of possible side effects and contraindications. Any competent doctor knows when not to use it.

Think of it like you do masks. If it doesn’t hurt, why not use it? What’s Fauci have to lose by putting it in the early intervention guidelines. Many doctors are already doing it. If he would encourage it instead of ‘picking a side’ it might save some lives.

Is it a political thing?
    Where did I mention Trump in my response?

Again: there is no reputable healthcare or medical organization or group that recommends HCQ right now.

Who said HCQ doesn't hurt? Why would Fauci recommend it if most studies say that it not only doesn't work, but can be detrimental? Isn't there an old dental study someplace about HCQ?

There is no comparison whatsoever with masks.

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ah, yes - the extreme partisan prism.

Cuomo was able to open schools not because of poll #'s. But because NY is in awesome shape, because he followed CDC guidelines for reopening and was actually a LEADER throughout this crisis.

Cue old nursing homes talking point.
    Dumping people into nursing homes killed 10,000 maybe more, no wonder you don't want to talk about it!!

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Dumping people into nursing homes killed 10,000 maybe more, no wonder you don't want to talk about it!!
    That was just in NY.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-09-2020)

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where did I mention Trump in my response?

Again: there is no reputable healthcare or medical organization or group that recommends HCQ right now.

Who said HCQ doesn't hurt? Why would Fauci recommend it if most studies say that it not only doesn't work, but can be detrimental? Isn't there an old dental study someplace about HCQ?

There is no comparison whatsoever with masks.
    The logic is identical lol.

HCQ can’t be detrimental in early intervention; or any more ‘detrimental’ than it is when used for Lupus or whatever.

The HCQ is detrimental meme exists because of studies where it was given too late. All of the studies which affirm efficacy are based on early intervention.

53 of them, which you waved off.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (08-09-2020), Matt Dillon (08-09-2020)

19. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    While I have seen you question much, to your cred, I have seen you question your own side little..

I could be wrong?? Am I??
    Well, aren’t most of the questions coming from my side of the aisle lol?

Let’s see, what’s a my side question? I conceded I underestimated it, in March, and changed course, but that seems like eons ago. Should I go easier on lockdowns? Question myself as to why I question lockdowns?

I like going against the grain. It’s too easy the other way.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-09-2020)

21. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

The logic is identical lol.

HCQ can’t be detrimental in early intervention; or any more ‘detrimental’ than it is when used for Lupus or whatever.

The HCQ is detrimental meme exists because of studies where it was given too late. All of the studies which affirm efficacy are based on early intervention.

53 of them, which you waved off.
    just goes to show our medical community is staid and ineffective when looking for therapies.
    Then they actually interfere with doctors on the front lines treatments.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-09-2020)

23. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    just goes to show our medical community is staid and ineffective when looking for therapies.
    Then they actually interfere with doctors on the front lines treatments.
    Which is an outrage.

Apparently, the doctor/patient relationship only matters in abortion. In a more perfect world, this would be totally in the hands of frontline doctors. Everyone else should stay the hell out of it. Fauci doesn’t have an ‘expert’ opinion on treatments: he’s a virologist/epidemiologist and not a medical doctor.

The ‘experts’ are on the ground fighting the battle.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (08-09-2020)