Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rode 20 miles of trial today

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mass produced beer. It's weak and flavorless.

Why drink that shit when we taught the world about great beer and everyone has great micro breweries with IPAs and sours etc?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Say it ain't so. You all laughed when it was an integral part of ACA
    That it requires government action to get people to exercise is the problem.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    On this we agree, but why not encourage it? It would save billions of dollars a year if Americans got off their asses and changed their diet. And billions more if we were willing to accept advanced illness counseling instead of calling it 'death panels'

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

What govt. action?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    They aren't press conferences. They're campaign events.

Although, I spit my beverage on my computer when he claimed that 'nobody ever covered pre existing conditions before'.
    And the applause when he explained that his golf buddies were 'peaceful protesters'. Bottom line, the optics were unbelievably bad. I'm sure his campaign advisers told him not to do it, but Trump knows more about everything than anybody. This will be played on endless loop with a voice in the background saying, 'while 160,000 Americans died, Trump soaked in the applause of his rich friends at his private golf club'. Only the Trumptards could come up with an excuse for this. And while it is indeed a campaign event, I'm pretty sure it was on the taxpayers dime. 'Let them eat cake'. It was an absolutely disastrous moment for Trump.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    On this we agree, but why not encourage it? It would save billions of dollars a year if Americans got off their asses and changed their diet. And billions more if we were willing to accept advanced illness counseling instead of calling it 'death panels'
    so can we go to a gym now?

willing to accept advanced illness counseling instead of calling it 'death panels'
    illness counseling instead of treatment? is that what you want?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

It’s also going to happen that the average ‘stay’ at a nursing is around 13 months.

Schools aren’t nursing homes. Probably the farthest thing from it. Sweden didn’t lockdown their economy and kept their schools open. I never understood the argument for not opening schools. Maybe because there isn’t one.

Aside from teachers unions and partisan politics.
    You seem to forget several things about Sweden.
    Sweden closed their high schools and universities. The banned gatherings of more than 50 people. They restricted visits to nursing homes. They restricted service in bars and restaurants to table only. Studies point to social interactions in Sweden being down by 70% during this time period.

Even when they "didn't lock down the economy", Sweden saw a similar drop in GDP compared to it's neighbors that did lock down.

So essentially Sweden saw the same economic damage at the cost of more lives lost in the short term. I don't see some silver lining in what Sweden did.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Attachment 16474

It was great lol.

Got out of the box and road a local rail trail along one of the rivers out in the boonies. Actually, wasn’t all that ‘local’ since I drove over an hour to get there. It was flat and a little monotonous after riding single track but I wanted to do something different.
    Looks like a road for old ladies..................lol

Well I would prefer a nice road also to dirt, dust, rock & big trees capable of jumping out in front of you..........lol

What was the temp & humidity like??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    man my old knees and worn out frame would shatter on a trail bike after a mile..keep on rolling through the changes
    I hear you. i crave swimming now -dodging T-Storms!
    Yep, easier on the old joints..........

+ there are no bikinis out there in them thar tick infested woods either....................
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,248 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Herd immunity seems to be the latest "lazy American" fantasy. Because we don't have to do anything. We just go about our lives, and eventually, poof! Herd immunity is achieved.

Distance, wash hands, wear a mask, test & trace. We can't be that spoiled where these things are a great hardship.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Mass produced beer. It's weak and flavorless.

Why drink that shit when we taught the world about great beer and everyone has great micro breweries with IPAs and sours etc?
    Sadly those mass produced gallons of carbonated sweet rice still dominate the shelves-the buy that space up to control distribution-lessen your choices..

The market is still turning away from them, although slowly.........

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have my daughters dog for the weekend & took him for a walk last night & saw lots of ppl walking, kids on bikes etc..... More than I have ever seen here... The pandemic is helping I believe...........

Ppl from W Virginny would prob think they were in another country though, majority of those ppl aren't what you'd see in them thar hills..

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Ah, yes - the extreme partisan prism.

Cuomo was able to open schools not because of poll #'s. But because NY is in awesome shape, because he followed CDC guidelines for reopening and was actually a LEADER throughout this crisis.

Cue old nursing homes talking point.
    So begging Trump for help and putting COVID patients in nursing homes making them killing fields is your idea of leadership. You certainly have odd criteria.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-08-2020)

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,248 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    So begging Trump for help and putting COVID patients in nursing homes making them killing fields is your idea of leadership. You certainly have odd criteria.
    You don't just get to invent characterizations.

Cuomo has been out there every day, urging New Yorkers to do the things that are proven to work. It's a simple formula.

And New York is now the most successful state in the union at slowing the spread. I don't have to debate it. The results speak for themselves.