Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Supporter Disrespects American Flag

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Trump Flotilla
    Some of the boats that were part of a pro-Trump flotilla on the president's birthday pass by Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Sunday, June 14, 2020. (Joe Cavaretta / South Florida Sun Sentinel)

vs

Ridin' with Biden caravan in Hollywood
    Karen Zann sits in her decorated car before the Ridin' with Biden caravan event, where participants showed their support for 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden, in Hollywood on Sunday, June 14, 2020. (John McCall/South Florida Sun Sentinel)

AND

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-07-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,614 Times in 51,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Flying a Trump flag off your boat is basically the opposite of a chick magnet, no?
    It either says "I'm married with children" or "I'm a QAnon Incel".
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-07-2020), Cypress (08-07-2020), Phantasmal (08-07-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Destruction of our flag is different than proudly displaying it.
    Disrespect is disrespect. I'm not buying the argument that "it's okay to shit on the flag a little if it's our people, but your side are hate America if you do it".

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/resizer...BB3ZOWALVU.jpg

Trump Flotilla
    Some of the boats that were part of a pro-Trump flotilla on the president's birthday pass by Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Sunday, June 14, 2020. (Joe Cavaretta / South Florida Sun Sentinel)

vs

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/resizer...SOFO7HCD5E.JPG

Karen Zann sits in her decorated car before the Ridin' with Biden caravan event, where participants showed their support for 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden, in Hollywood on Sunday, June 14, 2020. (John McCall/South Florida Sun Sentinel)

AND

https://i.redd.it/hmx62cwp7z851.jpg
    Sorry, but I'm not following what you are trying to say by comparing the pictures of people making political statements. It's a First Amendment right and I fully support them doing it.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    While you could be completely correct, I think the boat driver was just a fucking moron. There seems to be a lot of them on that side of the room, but Trumpeteers don't have a monopoly on stupidity.
    Well of course he was. It certainly didn't look like he MEANT TO dis America. It just means so little to him that he never thought about it. To him, the American flag is an afterthought. The flag he really wanted to show off the most was on top.

And as he does that, he is giving away his true lack of patriotism.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-07-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Flying a Trump flag off your boat is basically the opposite of a chick magnet, no?
    Well I guess that depends on just what type of woman one is trying to appeal to.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Well of course he was. It certainly didn't look like he MEANT TO dis America. It just means so little to him that he never thought about it. To him, the American flag is an afterthought. The flag he really wanted to show off the most was on top.

Agreed. Sad, but true.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-07-2020)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Well I guess that depends on just what type of woman one is trying to appeal to.
    An excellent point. I'm guessing toothless meth heads.

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Trump Flotilla

vs

AND

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Oh shit! I know where that is! I've been there!
    That tower.. they have red Royal Poinciana trees in the yard and Oak trees. I think it's an old folks' home.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

At least he was not burning it.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Practical,

Quote Originally Posted by Practical View Post
    I'm a libertarian bro, you do you, and the first amendment is messy. The speech and acts I most disagree with are the ones that do need protecting and that's what it's for. Would I burn a flag? Never. Do I find it appalling that you will? I do. Will I use force to stop you from doing it? Nope. Now if you go after the flag attached to my house, yup. All I ask is that you afford me the same respect for my flag that I afford you when you are burning yours and we won't have problems. Aside from that, I don't really care how someone displays their pride or lack thereof. And don't go moral high ground on me, 24 year vet, 2 wars, multiple deployments, think I have earned the right to my unusual opinion on the matter.
    I thank you for your service, sir, it is a fine country and I love living in it, my home. I thank you very much for all you have done and been through. Well done. I can certainly tell you it is well appreciated. I cherish my freedom, and with it I cherish showing respect for the flag. Now, in no way does military service grant any special privileges to prevent other views. You are certainly entitled to your view; and so are others. That's the deal. I would never burn an American flag. Just as you are entitled to your view, I am completely free to my view of what is proper respect for the flag and what is disrespectful. The US Flag Code is quite specific about how to fly the American Flag, and if I see somebody not showing the proper respect then I have every right in the world to disapprove. I don't like seeing that. No, I do not. It is an insult to the USA.

No way I'm gonna go up to a stranger and tell him that what he is doing is wrong, so I bring it here. If he doesn't see it, no big. Not like I can correct every fool who doesn't know what he's doing. But if somebody reads this and learns something, then I've taken that foolish mistake I saw and turned it into a positive by making somebody else think twice about what they're doing.

Somebody is out there in his boat and he's got all his flags flyin, he's not gonna listen to a stranger come up and tell him he's doing it wrong. Somebody reading a chat board might be in a more receptive state of mind.

People that don't know how to fly the flag, don't know the proper way, also don't know that what they are doing could be offensive. Or maybe they do and they are just being a jerk and they don't care. But if somebody didn't know; and then they find out? In a way that doesn't spoil their fun? They might think twice about it the next time.

Country would be greater if more people showed proper respect for the flag. People talking about making it great ought to know that. And if they don't care, they should. We see a lot of pretty disrespectful people cheering for Trump. I know there are good people who favor him, so it's hard for me to understand why they want to take up with what are some really deplorable people. I don't see how self-respecting people can justify joining ranks with racists, dividers and haters. A nation can't be great when it is divided. It's fine to disagree, but to disrespect the country and those who feel differently, is just wrong. There is no way the country can be so divided, and hateful, and great. Those qualities are mutually exclusive. A great country recognizes and appreciates everyone's right to be here, be a part of the USA, and have their own views.

And people of all views should properly show their respect for the symbol of our nation. That would be great.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    At least he was not burning it.
    Why? Disrespect is disrespect. In this case I think it's unclear if he meant to disrespect our flag or if he's just another fucking moron. Obviously burning the flag is intentional.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Thread title is redundant.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-08-2020)

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw a guy with a Trump flag on his boat. OK, I have no problem with that. While I strongly disagree with his politics, I strongly support his right to free speech and his right to express himself.

I also noticed he had an American flag on his boat.

The disrespectful thing was that he has his Trump flag flying above his American flag.

SHAMEFUL!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.