Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: about 20% of Minni police force filing disability claims due to PTSD

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf about 20% of Minni police force filing disability claims due to PTSD

20% suddenly have PTSD????

Tommy Wiita
    Updated: July 10, 2020 06:40 PM
    Created: July 10, 2020 01:06 PM
    A Minneapolis attorney says that more than 150 Minneapolis police officers have started the process of filing disability claims, with most stating they're suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Ron Meuser, Jr., of the firm Meuser, Yackley and Rowland, said that the disability claims have come in the last six weeks, following the killing of George Floyd and the ensuing nights of unrest. One of those nights included the 3rd Precinct police station being burned down.

“While law enforcement is a high-stress career, the last two months in Minneapolis have pushed many officers to their breaking point,” Meuser said, explaining that many officers feel exhausted from working long shifts.

“I’m seeing PTSD symptoms of officers with highly diminished capacity to live and socialize, extraordinary rates of divorce and alcohol dependency just to cope,” he said in a statement. “It is an emotional crisis that cannot and should not continue.”
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,822 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

They make their jobs more confrontational and angrier than it has to be.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Tommy Wiita
    A Minneapolis attorney says that more than 150 Minneapolis police officers have started the process of filing disability claims, with most stating they're suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Ron Meuser, Jr., of the firm Meuser, Yackley and Rowland, said that the disability claims have come in the last six weeks, following the killing of George Floyd and the ensuing nights of unrest. One of those nights included the 3rd Precinct police station being burned down.

“While law enforcement is a high-stress career, the last two months in Minneapolis have pushed many officers to their breaking point,” Meuser said, explaining that many officers feel exhausted from working long shifts.

“I’m seeing PTSD symptoms of officers with highly diminished capacity to live and socialize, extraordinary rates of divorce and alcohol dependency just to cope,” he said in a statement. “It is an emotional crisis that cannot and should not continue.”
    Is this a pro or anti OP re the Minni cops? Or just a public service announcement ? Not sure how to take it.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 12,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

about 20% of Minni police force filing disability claims due to PTSD
    This is happening all over the country, and it is going to be hella expensive....lots of money is going to be handed out to people who are no longer working....further bankrupting cities.

BIG PAIN is coming!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tommy Wiita

Question is, how many of these cops are ex-military? From what I've heard it's a big issue with former military joining the police and having problems adapting to civilian matters. My neighbor has PTSD from Vietnam and it's an oddball illness similar to my intrusive thought OCD. Everyone sees a normal you till they've been basically living or staying with you for a while. They both trigger numbing anxiety for something perceived that is often not there. They are often triggered by images and thoughts from past ordeals.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Tommy Wiita

Yet you have no problem when 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks uses food stamps because they refuse to support themselves.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Is this a pro or anti OP re the Minni cops? Or just a public service announcement ? Not sure how to take it.
    It is rather ambiguous, intentionally..... You make your own decision.................

I have not quite made up my mind yet
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Question is, how many of these cops are ex-military? From what I've heard it's a big issue with former military joining the police and having problems adapting to civilian matters. My neighbor has PTSD from Vietnam and it's an oddball illness similar to my intrusive thought OCD. Everyone sees a normal you till they've been basically living or staying with you for a while. They both trigger numbing anxiety for something perceived that is often not there. They are often triggered by images and thoughts from past ordeals.
    Good question & I don't know... It just came out & obviously much more info is needed to see what is actually @ play..........

That suddenly such a large # is applying is obviously odd, @ best...........

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Yet you have no problem when 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks uses food stamps because they refuse to support themselves.
    Go pull your time w/ your mouth shut loser.............

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Go pull your time w/ your mouth shut loser.............
    Just as claimed, you have no problem when 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks refuse to support themselves. I guess you're so used to them doing so, it seems like second nature.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Just as claimed, you have no problem when 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks refuse to support themselves. I guess you're so used to them doing so, it seems like second nature.
    Is that because of you know mostly disability, and social security?

TANF enrollment, actually isn't that high, since Clinton's welfare reform.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tommy Wiita

They are abused by city leadership, the citizens have refused to stand up for them, so a lot of them are going to leave taking as much money as they can with them.

Prepare for Hell.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    They are abused by city leadership, the citizens have refused to stand up for them, so a lot of them are going to leave taking as much money as they can with them.

Prepare for Hell.
    Yesterday Portland did not have enough cops on shift to deal with the riots, so they stood down.

I am pretty sure that this was the reason that Seattle also stood down during riots a few days ago.

Prepare for Hell, because Hell is most certainly coming.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Yesterday Portland did not have enough cops on shift to deal with the riots, so they stood down.

I am pretty sure that this was the reason that Seattle also stood down during riots a few days ago.

Prepare for Hell, because Hell is most certainly coming.
    I've seen the futures, your foreboding chastenings shall not come to pass.

:gandalf:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (08-28-2020)