Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beijing Biden Says He Will End Trump’s Tariffs On China -aide walks it back

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The USA has won lots of cases against china, but what changed??

I am not optimistic..

Have a great night
    WTO rulings are ignored. Good night

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-06-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Beijing biden really doesn't have a ring to it.. You need something w/ a lil zing....

IMHO the tariffs obviously are hurting Americans-making us pay more for goods during a recession & pandemic....

THis is weighed against benefits to China........

I thought the main reasons for the tariffs is to force beneficial concessions from the ccp & help address the trade balance......???

Any new admin is going to assess this, as trump should, should he remain in office...
    Bullshit Biden works for me and is pretty accurate. I know you Americans have a short attention span but ffs China needs a good arsekicking not telling them we miss their baubles, bangles and beads.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (08-07-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Bullshit Biden works for me and is pretty accurate. I know you Americans have a short attention span but ffs China needs a good arsekicking not telling them we miss their baubles, bangles and beads.
    Biden is the absolute worse when it come to US-China relations -and that's super important with Made in China 2025"
    The USA could not be under a worse POTUS in terms of Sino/US relations

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-07-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    WTO rulings are ignored. Good night
    Yes............ After one of our last discussions I looked it up as I saw a CCP propagandist mentioning it.....

He was half right, we did win, & they did this or that, but nothing actually changed.....

It was/is tantamount to cleaning up the cobweb but leaving the spider..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ok, you are welcome to call him what you like, it was pointing out the obvious......

You don't like our short attention spans?? Did you really think anyone here cared what you think about it??

I would suggest you go to china on your holy crusade............. Always advocating for Americans to go & fight & die, we won't stop you, good luck..

What are the Brits selling them?? Are they buying beads for flat screens, phones & ever other fuckin thing in your store, just like here.......

I don't support a biden plan, no one does, there is no plan but that does not mean that trump's is going to work either.....

We are on phase one, beans, & that seems DOA now=we have no deals w/ them..

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Biden is the absolute worse when it come to US-China relations -and that's super important with Made in China 2025"
    The USA could not be under a worse POTUS in terms of Sino/US relations
    Thus far the trump plan has failed in phase one........

Personally don't see anyone w/ a real plan...........-> Maybe, God forbid, Rubio??

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes............ After one of our last discussions I looked it up as I saw a CCP propagandist mentioning it.....

He was half right, we did win, & they did this or that, but nothing actually changed.....

It was/is tantamount to cleaning up the cobweb but leaving the spider..........
    good you did the research. so can we agree the WTO is not a viable org. to reform/constrain China
    What does that leave??= bilateral/multilaterals

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

ok, you are welcome to call him what you like, it was pointing out the obvious......

You don't like our short attention spans?? Did you really think anyone here cared what you think about it??

I would suggest you go to china on your holy crusade............. Always advocating for Americans to go & fight & die, we won't stop you, good luck..

What are the Brits selling them?? Are they buying beads for flat screens, phones & ever other fuckin thing in your store, just like here.......

I don't support a biden plan, no one does, there is no plan but that does not mean that trump's is going to work either.....

We are on phase one, beans, & that seems DOA now=we have no deals w/ them..

Bloody hell Bill, who rattled your cage? I see what is happening now as very akin to Japan pre-WW2, do you want to wait for another Pearl Harbour? At least Australia has got the message loud and clear.

China-Australia relations hit crisis levels – PM admits WAR with Beijing possible

CHINA'S relations with Australia rest on a knife-edge after Prime Minister declared Scott Morrison declared war between the two was now possible.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...na-Sea-Beijing
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 08-07-2020 at 08:28 PM.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

good you did the research. so can we agree the WTO is not a viable org. to reform/constrain China
    What does that leave??= bilateral/multilaterals
    I have said all along, it is a tool, one of many-that has not changed.. The more tools the better..

What is your thoughts on the Rubio take on China..

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have said all along, it is a tool, one of many-that has not changed.. The more tools the better..

What is your thoughts on the Rubio take on China..
    i dont see any other tools. they resisted this as much as possible- but if you can think of other's i'd gladly listen.

Rubio has China;s number ( down pat) but the problem is he wants to Cold War against China
    like he does with Russia

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bloody hell Bill, who rattled your cage? I see what is happening now as very akin to Japan pre-WW2, do you want to wait for another Pearl Harbour? At least Australia has got the message loud and clear.

China-Australia relations hit crisis levels – PM admits WAR with Beijing possible

CHINA'S relations with Australia rest on a knife-edge after Prime Minister declared Scott Morrison declared war between the two was now possible.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...na-Sea-Beijing
    lol........ They better start a little smaller, invade New Zealand & Ireland & see how it goes...
    Are you getting eager for war... I'm not.. That should be the last resort, although it may be inevitable..

Have you heard about Thucydide's Trap???

The term describes the theory that when a great power's position as hegemon is threatened by an emerging power, there is a significant likelihood of war between the two powers.[1][2] Or in coiner Graham Allison's words:

Thucydide's Trap refers to the natural, inevitable discombobulation that occurs when a rising power threatens to displace a ruling power...[and] when a rising power threatens to displace a ruling power, the resulting structural stress makes a violent clash the rule, not the exception.[8]

As evidence of this, Allison points to a case study by the Harvard University Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs that he headed, which found that among the 16 historical instances of an emerging power rivaling a ruling power, 12 ended in war.[3][9]

If you are familiar, or get a chance to look into it I would appreciate your opinion/thoughts/conclusions on it, thanks....

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SNIP>

China–United States relations
    Further information: China–United States relations
    The term is primarily used and was coined in relation to a potential military conflict between the United States and the People's Republic of China.[2] Xi Jinping, the paramount leader of China, has himself referenced the term, cautioning that: "We all need to work together to avoid the Thucydides trap—destructive tensions between an emerging power and established powers…Our aim is to foster a new model of major country relations".[14] The term gained further influence in 2018 as a result of a surge in US-Chinese tensions after US President Donald Trump imposed tariffs on almost half of China’s exports to the US, resulting in a tit-for-tat series of economic escalations.[2][15]

Scholars have noted that there are a number of pressing issues the two nations are at odds over that increase the likelihood of the two powers falling into the Thucydides trap, including the de facto independence of Taiwan, China’s digital policing and its use of cyber espionage, differing policies towards North Korea, China's increased naval presence in the Pacific and its claims over the South China Sea, and human rights in Xianjiang, Tibet, and Hong Kong.[1][13][15][16] Some also point to the consolidation of power by Chinese Communist Party general secretary Xi Jinping, supposedly irreconcilable differences in values, and the trade deficit as further evidence the countries may be slipping into the Thucydides trap.[15][17]

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^ never heard the term -but cool.
    so the moral is pick your battles, and hopefully don't battle, but talk and negotiate where possible.

Which is what the Rubio's of this world never want to do

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

China Joe.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans