Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default We may be living through an historic failure of government

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ch_143875.html

Good article—especially the graphs.

Bullet points:

COVID can be a two stage disease process

Good evidence of HCQ efficacy in early stage of COVID infections/little to no efficacy in late stages

Fauci doctrine: quarantine infections at home unless they develop Stage II symptoms [shortness of breath]

NIH/Fauci/FDA withdraw HCQ recommendations based on flawed studies and clinical trials that were applicable only to *late-stage* COVID patients.

Upshot: the government was telling infected people to stay quarantined *during the precise interval* when they should have been taking a pill that cost .60 cents and it could have saved thousands or tens of thousands of lives.

Travesty doesn’t begin to describe this.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (08-06-2020), anonymoose (08-06-2020), Celticguy (08-06-2020), Earl (08-07-2020), ExpressLane (08-06-2020), Hawkeye10 (08-06-2020), Matt Dillon (08-07-2020), PostmodernProphet (08-06-2020), Sailor (08-06-2020), Stretch (08-06-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

Bullet points:

Good evidence of HCQ efficacy in early stage of COVID infections/little to no efficacy in late stages

Fauci doctrine: quarantine infections at home unless they develop Stage II symptoms [shortness of breath]

NIH/Fauci/FDA withdraw HCQ recommendations based on flawed studies and clinical trials that were applicable only to *late-stage* COVID patients.

Upshot: the government was telling infected people to stay quarantined *during the precise interval* when they should have been taking a pill that cost .60 cents and it could have saved thousands or tens of thousands of lives.

Excellent article. Nice job.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Hydrochlorinique....again?

I'd love it if the positive reports about that stuff were true. It's become way too politicized.

There was one study supporting its use - and 3 studies (that I know of) that didn't. I know I'm supposed to be a maverick & make up "my own mind" on this kind of thing, but why believe this guy over others?

Though, I do wholeheartedly agree w/ the thread title.

5. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-06-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

I'd love it if the positive reports about that stuff were true. It's become way too politicized.

There was one study supporting its use - and 3 studies (that I know of) that didn't. I know I'm supposed to be a maverick & make up "my own mind" on this kind of thing, but why believe this guy over others?

America is a failing society, which includes all levels of government. If you want to glimpse at where America is likely headed look at Argentina.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (08-07-2020), ExpressLane (08-06-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections. There are 14 global studies that show neutral or negative results -- and 10 of them were of patients in very late stages of COVID-19, where no antiviral drug can be expected to have much effect. Of the remaining four studies, two come from the same University of Minnesota author. The other two are from the faulty Brazil paper, which should be retracted, and the fake Lancet paper, which was.[link]
    _________
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anonymoose (08-06-2020), Stretch (08-06-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Excellent article. Nice job.
    Did it while sitting at the watering hole lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (08-07-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

The “historical failure of government” sits with Trump, a generational crisis and he has been absent, and largely cause he was afraid it would hurt him politically, we still don’t have a national position, had he taken action back in February we wouldn’t be where we are today, thank God for the Governors who forgot Trump and took proactive measures

13. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2020)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-06-2020), John Barron (08-06-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bullet points:

Historic government failure and look who’s in charge.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-06-2020), John Barron (08-06-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections. There are 14 global studies that show neutral or negative results -- and 10 of them were of patients in very late stages of COVID-19, where no antiviral drug can be expected to have much effect. Of the remaining four studies, two come from the same University of Minnesota author. The other two are from the faulty Brazil paper, which should be retracted, and the fake Lancet paper, which was.[link]
    _________
    So, what’s stopping you from getting a prescription?

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    So, what’s stopping you from getting a prescription?
    Dude, if/when I test positive I’ll find a doc to write me a script for HCQ. Working 40 years and 3 months at the same hospital had its advantages.

I might be in good shape but my age puts me in a high risk category. I recommend you do the same.

Or are you going to follow Fauci’s orders and sit at home till you need treatment?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (08-06-2020)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The “historical failure of government” sits with Trump, a generational crisis and he has been absent, and largely cause he was afraid it would hurt him politically, we still don’t have a national position, had he taken action back in February we wouldn’t be where we are today, thank God for the Governors who forgot Trump and took proactive measures
    The failure is with politicised "science".
    Thats what you get when science lives off the goxt teat.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I actually wish it were true that ‘who is president’ mattered significantly in a pandemic lol.

It’s becoming increasingly clear that the ‘pandemic people’ within the government have failed us. Granted, there’s an argument to be made Trump should fire some of them—perhaps even fired them by now.

This is Fauci’s wheelhouse. Trump—or any other president, doesn’t know shit from shine-ola about virology, drug regimens, mitigation strategies and etc. ANY president is going to rely on the government ‘experts’ when it comes to this. If Trump came into this knowing more than I do about the general topic I’d be surprised.

Did you read the article? What do you think of the graphs which clearly illustrate the efficacy of HCQ vs COVID?

Did someone make them up?

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

You guys are laugh-inducing in your conquests over a drug to treat inflammation. How exactly is it this supposed saving grace when it has no antiviral aspects and has some serious side effects? You people are getting drop-dead desperate. All this anti-medical science bolstering has the intellectual integrity of butt-chugging.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    You guys are laugh-inducing in your conquests over a drug to treat inflammation. How exactly is it this supposed saving grace when it has no antiviral aspects and has some serious side effects? You people are getting drop-dead desperate. All this anti-medical science bolstering has the intellectual integrity of butt-chugging.
    Maybe you haven’t kept up, but Stage II COVID is all about an inflammatory process. Sans the immune system factor, COVID19 is just another respiratory virus. That’s why so many people get it then go on with their lives. Many people don’t even know they have it/had it.

The idea is to *prevent the immune response* from occurring. HCQ is a proven anti inflammatory/immunosuppressant that is no more ‘dangerous‘ than a host of other drugs that you can’t buy over the counter.

Think of it like you do masks: it can’t hurt to use it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (08-06-2020), PostmodernProphet (08-06-2020), Stretch (08-06-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Washington Post reporters Ariana Cha and Laurie McGinley were back again on May 22, with a new article shouting out the new supposed news: “Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says.” The media uproar this time was based on a large study just published in the Lancet. There was just one problem. The Lancet paper was fraudulent and it was quickly retracted.

However, the damage from the biased media storm was done and it was long-lasting. Continuing patient enrollment needed for early-use clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine dried up within a week. Patients were afraid to take the drug, doctors became afraid to prescribe it, pharmacies refused to fill prescriptions, and in a rush of incompetent analysis and non-existent senior leadership, the FDA revoked its Emergency Use Authorization for the drug.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-06-2020), Stretch (08-06-2020)