Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We may be living through an historic failure of government

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    So? Are you saying Trump is a fucking pusssified coward afraid of Congress?

No because I fully support it. I'd like to see those who are so avid about Hydroxychloroquine to be allowed to ingest, snort or shoot up as much as they like.
    Lol k.

Come to think about it, why should Trump need to do an EO? Is Fauci a wallflower? Why does it at least appear that Fauci is lying when he talks about HCQ? Fauci is a doctor but he’s never treated a single patient in his life.

Does Fauci know something Earl’s doctor doesn’t know—about how to treat COVID patients?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (08-07-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Lol k.

Come to think about it, why should Trump need to do an EO? Is Fauci a wallflower? Why does it at least appear that Fauci is lying when he talks about HCQ? Fauci is a doctor but he’s never treated a single patient in his life.

Does Fauci know something Earl’s doctor doesn’t know—about how to treat COVID patients?
    That fact you put this on Fauci and off Trump tells me you agree Trump is too weak and too lame to do it. Thanks.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lol k.

My daughter “shadowed” my doctor after completing Pre-Med. No pay...I loaned him a book by Charles Krauthammer, “Things That
    Matter“ two years ago and he still hasn’t returned it. I don’t wish to be blunt but he squeezes a penny until...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-07-2020)

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    My daughter “shadowed” my doctor after completing Pre-Med. No pay...I loaned him a book by Charles Krauthammer, “Things That
    Matter“ two years ago and he still hasn’t returned it. I don’t wish to be blunt but he squeezes a penny until...
    They seem to come in two categories:

They live beyond their means [often involving a wife with a credit card]; they are tight wads lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That fact you put this on Fauci and off Trump tells me you agree Trump is too weak and too lame to do it. Thanks.
    So, whatever lol.

Why does Fauci at least appear to be lying when he talks about HCQ?

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

This is big-time info! None of the shutdowns were necessary!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-07-2020)

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    This is big-time info! None of the shutdowns were necessary!
    Shutdowns are another subject lol.

The tide has turned on shutdowns: the Sun Belt is getting over their peaks *without* shutting down. Politically, this is bad timing for Democrats.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-07-2020)

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where did Uncle Carp bugger off to lol?

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ch_143875.html

Good article—especially the graphs.

Bullet points:

COVID can be a two stage disease process

Good evidence of HCQ efficacy in early stage of COVID infections/little to no efficacy in late stages

Fauci doctrine: quarantine infections at home unless they develop Stage II symptoms [shortness of breath]

NIH/Fauci/FDA withdraw HCQ recommendations based on flawed studies and clinical trials that were applicable only to *late-stage* COVID patients.

Upshot: the government was telling infected people to stay quarantined *during the precise interval* when they should have been taking a pill that cost .60 cents and it could have saved thousands or tens of thousands of lives.

Travesty doesn’t begin to describe this.
    It is an opinion piece. It poses the outrageous claim that the FDA purposely steered America toward a more lethal policy, while giving absolutely no reason that the agency charged with maintaining America's health would do something to hurt America's health.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Shutdowns are another subject lol.

The tide has turned on shutdowns: the Sun Belt is getting over their peaks *without* shutting down. Politically, this is bad timing for Democrats.
    How many things have you said that about now?

And somehow, Dems are poised to take back the Senate & expand their majorities elsewhere. What a mystery.

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, whatever lol.

Why does Fauci at least appear to be lying when he talks about HCQ?
    I didn't know he was. OTOH, Trump has not only been touting it for months but claims he's taking it...daily. Why is Trump preventing Americans from doing likewise? Why does Trump refuse to give it to all Americans who want it?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

"We may be living through an historic failure of government"

I wonder where the buck stops?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-08-2020)

19. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

It is an opinion piece. It poses the outrageous claim that the FDA purposely steered America toward a more lethal policy, while giving absolutely no reason that the agency charged with maintaining America's health would do something to hurt America's health.
    It’s an opinion piece with some damning graphs.

I suppose they could be fabricated.

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ch_143875.html

Good article—especially the graphs.

Bullet points:

COVID can be a two stage disease process

Good evidence of HCQ efficacy in early stage of COVID infections/little to no efficacy in late stages

Fauci doctrine: quarantine infections at home unless they develop Stage II symptoms [shortness of breath]

NIH/Fauci/FDA withdraw HCQ recommendations based on flawed studies and clinical trials that were applicable only to *late-stage* COVID patients.

Upshot: the government was telling infected people to stay quarantined *during the precise interval* when they should have been taking a pill that cost .60 cents and it could have saved thousands or tens of thousands of lives.

Travesty doesn’t begin to describe this.
    What a load of bollox.
    Graphs that use data that doesn't correct for anything? Deaths go up when the infections go up. If you don't at least correct data to the percentage of infections it is meaningless.
    Might as well show a graph that shows Covid-19 deaths under Obama through Trump and then claim that proves Obama prevented Covid-19 because the graph clearly shows the deaths from Covid skyrocketing when Trump is President. It would have as much validity as the graphs in this silly article.

Go look at the graph for deaths in NY state.
    NY stopped using hydroxochloroquine on May 7th.
    You will see that the number of daily deaths has dropped since they stopped using hydroxochlorquine. Does this prove hydroxochloroquine was ineffective or it's use earlier caused more deaths?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-08-2020)

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    What a load of bollox.
    Graphs that use data that doesn't correct for anything? Deaths go up when the infections go up. If you don't at least correct data to the percentage of infections it is meaningless.
    Might as well show a graph that shows Covid-19 deaths under Obama through Trump and then claim that proves Obama prevented Covid-19 because the graph clearly shows the deaths from Covid skyrocketing when Trump is President. It would have as much validity as the graphs in this silly article.

Go look at the graph for deaths in NY state.
    NY stopped using hydroxochloroquine on May 7th.
    You will see that the number of daily deaths has dropped since they stopped using hydroxochlorquine. Does this prove hydroxochloroquine was ineffective or it's use earlier caused more deaths?
    Depends when it was used.

Stage II COVID can involve the heart and HCQ can cause cardiac arrhythmia in some patients. Not a good combination.

Do you know whether they knew what they were doing in NY? Were they following guidelines in using HCQ during Phase II?