Thread: Is it morally right to compare Gay Rights to Segregation and the Civil Rights Movemen

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Is it morally right to compare Gay Rights to Segregation and the Civil Rights Movemen

Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, compared the plight of LGBT Americans with Kristallnacht and Segregation. He's gotten away with this through a shield called Identity Politics. Saying he's a christian, raised Baptist, great reverence, trial of sin, God made him gay, and so on. Tim Cook's most infamous statement was when he said "God’s Greatest Gift To Me" was being gay. Cook claims God made him homosexual in a hope to fuse antithetical camps of identity politics into a shield for his self serving politics. Being a false christian is something I can shrug off, but dragging your religion into politics is a poison on democracy. And comparing gay marriage to Kristallnacht and Segregation is unforgivable.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WarmPotato View Post
    Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, compared the plight of LGBT Americans with Kristallnacht and Segregation. He's gotten away with this through a shield called Identity Politics. Saying he's a christian, raised Baptist, great reverence, trial of sin, God made him gay, and so on. Tim Cook's most infamous statement was when he said "God’s Greatest Gift To Me" was being gay. Cook claims God made him homosexual in a hope to fuse antithetical camps of identity politics into a shield for his self serving politics. Being a false christian is something I can shrug off, but dragging your religion into politics is a poison on democracy. And comparing gay marriage to Kristallnacht and Segregation is unforgivable.

No, it's not like that now in America. It was like that further back in history and in some countries still today. They still do face plenty of bigoted persecution in America though. Of course, they also get some coddling in some perspectives. Both are annoying bullshit.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

I would sure hate to see someone dragging religion into politics.

bcc13827a55242178bc02ec109f57b15_18.jpg
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

The comparison is accurate. In either case, human beings are mocked and denied freedom to exist in their natural state. A man can't change his skin color or his sexuality.