Thread: There Is No Russian Plot Against America

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    lol.
    DA RUSSIANS!! please. not every road goes to the Kremlin -some do -some dont
    So you are arguing two conflicting points:

On the one hand, you argue Russia is justified in retaliating via tit-for-tat because that's just what happens

But on the other hand, you argue Russia didn't attack our elections, but rather private Russians and private Russian businesses did.

So how come Russia's government responds tit-for-tat, as you said, but didn't have anything to do with its own people and businesses attacking our elections?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol.
    You sure about that? Nothing in Russia happens without Putin's OK. Unless you are going to now argue that Putin is a weak leader who cannot control his own country...?

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So then it was the Russian government behind the attacks on our elections doing a tit for tat?

Because you can't argue that Russia acts "tit-for-tat", and then in the next breath say "well THIS wasn't tit for tat".

I mean you could, but you'd end up contradicting yourself and casting doubt on your sincerity and integrity.
    there is no proof the IRA was a Russian gov't op.
    It could be -but it's history doesn't show that.

I'm not making the claims -you and Mueller are making the claims of Russian govt interference thru the IRA.
    You cannot support those claims

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with your topic post, “there is no Russian plot against America”

You are just listing American actions you believe pissed off Russia attempting to create a false paradigm
    Right? He's making the case for a Russian plot, not against one.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So if it's not a Russian government op, then that means it was done outside of Putin's oversight, which is hard to believe given he is Russia's dictator.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-06-2020)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It could be -but it's history doesn't show that.s
    History DOES show that because of all the personal connections between the GRU and the IRA.

But this skips the big point, which is that you're claiming Russians were launching international attacks on our elections and Putin had no idea it was happening.

That requires quite a suspension of disbelief.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-06-2020)

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

So you are arguing two conflicting points:

On the one hand, you argue Russia is justified in retaliating via tit-for-tat because that's just what happens

But on the other hand, you argue Russia didn't attack our elections, but rather private Russians and private Russian businesses did.

So how come Russia's government responds tit-for-tat, as you said, but didn't have anything to do with its own people and businesses attacking our elections?
    ROFL.. your mind only has an on/off switch!!
    It cant do any nuance - there is no proof of Kremlin backed Russian interference thru the IRA -got that?
    I mean it's important you finally get the base line.

which casts all this Russiaphobic jinoism into doubt -which means we dont know any line that exists or not
    yet we write Mueller as it surely does, and the Press dutifully repeats it as true

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not making the claims -you and Mueller are making the claims of Russian govt interference thru the IRA.
    You cannot support those claims
    The claims are supported in Volume 1 of the Mueller Report, which you refuse to read because you're scared.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ROFL.. your mind only has an on/off switch!!
    It cant do any nuance - there is no proof of Kremlin backed Russian interference thru the IRA -got that?
    I mean it's important you finally get the base line.

which casts all this Russiaphobic jinoism into doubt -which means we dont know any line that exists or not
    yet we write Mueller as it surely does, and the Press dutifully repeats it as true
    You keep saying there's no connection between the Kremlin and the IRA, but that requires a suspension of disbelief that Putin has no idea what his own people are doing when they attack our elections.

That is a tough sell.

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you are asking the same thing 3x as usual?
    You're not answering it, though.

So do you believe that these Russians and Russian companies waged this massive attack on our elections under Putin's nose from 2014 (yes, the Russian attacks started in 2014) through today?

You're arguing Putin still doesn't know that his people and companies are attacking our elections?

To satisfy your argument, we have to suspend our disbelief that Putin wouldn't know about attacks on American elections by people in his own country, who report to his oligarch friends.

That's like asking me to suspend my disbelief that a serum really caused some bony kid from Brooklyn to become a super soldier in WWII.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol.
    So you backed yourself into a corner, rhetorically...

You first argued that no one attacked our elections
    Then, you argued that it was actually Clinton who had Ukraine attack our elections
    Then, you argued that Mueller didn't say Russia attacked us
    Then, you argued that Mueller did say Russia attacked us, but that he was sloppy
    Then, you argued that Mueller did say Russia attacked us, but he was conflating the actions of private Russians with that of the Russian government
    Then, you argued that Putin had no idea that people he is connected to were waging an attack on American democracy for the last 6 years

So in order for us to buy your argument, we have to suspend disbelief that Putin would be clueless to the attacks people and corporations in his country were making against our elections, after you had spent half a dozen posts justifying Russian "tit for tat"...in a thread about Russian plots that you say don't exist, but then go on to say exist within the thread.

You're a hack and a joke. A complete and total failure.

So, your argument has changed quite a bit, hasn't it? Yet mine has remained consistent and doesn't need qualifiers.

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO @ this threadfail...

"There is no Russian Plot Against America....

...except for all the tit-for-tat...

...and except for all the actions Russia took...

...but if you don't count their actual plots, then there's no plots!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-06-2020)

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,113 Times in 12,638 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Russia is now irretrievably part of The New Chinese Empire , they are out to hurt us, and after the Empire defeats us they will dance on the grave of our Super Power status.

Make no mistakes here.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Russia is now irretrievably part of The New Chinese Empire , they are out to hurt us, and after the Empire defeats us they will dance on the grave of our Super Power status.

Make no mistakes here.
    I'm not so sure that Russia is a part of China's empire, but Russia is out to harm us, has already done so, and is continuing to do so today.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-06-2020)

19. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,113 Times in 12,638 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not so sure that Russia is a part of China's empire, but Russia is out to harm us, has already done so, and is continuing to do so today.
    It did not need to be this way...our forcing Russia to hitch their wagon to China in a very humiliating deal where Russia is a very second rate partner may turn out to be a bigger driver of America's decline then the debacles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We are so fucked, and we did it to ourselves to a large degree....Stupid gets charged by the Universe.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

anatta (08-06-2020)