Thread: Atheists more Intelligent

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You have no fucking clue what the choices are. Only what your preacher man tells you and what that book of fairytales written by Bronze Age goat fuckers tells you.
    it takes someone exceptionally ignorant to deny that everyone knows what their choices are........you certainly qualify......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-08-2020)

3. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Do they agree on who created that person? It just goes on and on. The creator needs a creator and that one does too.
    they all agree that he doesn't need a creator........you do realize that an eternal incorporeal entity would not need one, right?.......if you can't figure out something that basic how can you pretend you think more logically?.........if our thinking is ingrained as children, who taught you to be an idiot?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-08-2020)

5. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I don't think God wants us to be be stupid.
    so why did you choose disobedience?......

6. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    It's a ploy to get a desired behavior. It's apt of old testament types which are more God-fearing than compassionate Christ emulator. The Old Testament was the book of the Jews and has little actually to do with Christ. Fear tactics sound more like the devil than anything.
    That seems to prove the point that another person made, that religion is often used to control ppl.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That seems to prove the point that another person made, that religion is often used to control ppl.
    Some people use it that way but it's not supposed to be that way. For Christianity, it's supposed to be simple emulation of Christ for the betterment of humanity. Once again the God-fearing or just corrupt rulers have used it to evangelize by ill means with inquisitors and crusaders. Evangelism, or just expulsion and eradication, all acts in antithesis to Christ. Those that followed Christ as a person did so by choice. You'll hear Mason say it all the time. Many will come in my name but they are not mine. They will deceive many. The ill-begotten words like bastard or heathen spawn from such antichristian behavior.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-08-2020)

9. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,127 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Some people use it that way but it's not supposed to be that way. For Christianity, it's supposed to be simple emulation of Christ for the betterment of humanity. Once again the God-fearing or just corrupt rulers have used it to evangelize by ill means with inquisitors and crusaders. Evangelism, or just expulsion and eradication, all acts in antithesis to Christ. Those that followed Christ as a person did so by choice. You'll hear Mason say it all the time. Many will come in my name but they are not mine. They will deceive many. The ill-begotten words like bastard or heathen spawn from such antichristian behavior.
    evangelism is not expulsion or eradication, fyi. you're thinking of jihad.

10. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so why did you choose disobedience?......
    I am not disobedient.

11. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

waffling........are you an atheist?......
    Not waffling. You just cannot understand.

12. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

LEONARDO DA VINCI?????

Catholic~Christian?

Atheist?

Agonist?

Deist?

Other??

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

they all agree that he doesn't need a creator........you do realize that an eternal incorporeal entity would not need one, right?.......if you can't figure out something that basic how can you pretend you think more logically?.........if our thinking is ingrained as children, who taught you to be an idiot?......
    They are wrong. No scientist agrees with that. Religions all have to agree because their phony belief systems are predicated on it. Religions pretend knowledge that they do not have. They lie about afterlife because we all know they have zero knowledge of that. They lie about creation making up such simple-minded myths that they teach you from childhood.
    Hawkins said the existence does not need a creator. I prefer his opinion rather than bronze age goat herders. The bible was written a couple of hundred years at least after Jesus, who may or may not have existed, was dead. Then it was compiled by councils including kings and popes along with religious scholars. It was a commission that wrote the bible long after.
    It is a political book of myths.

14. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

it takes someone exceptionally ignorant to deny that everyone knows what their choices are........you certainly qualify......
    You claimed to know the choices, you fucking idiot, and then tell us. Quit drinking, dumbfuck. It makes you more stupid than you already are.

15. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Loaded with very plain simple facts. Human beings can be intelligent, but not very wise. And, conversely be wise, but not very intelligent.
    Faith is not dependent upon worldly head smarts. It's a condition of the heart, belief from your soul and the wisdom given of God.

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
    James 1:5
    Exactly who of you has actually conversed with your god?

16. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They are wrong. No scientist agrees with that. Religions all have to agree because their phony belief systems are predicated on it. Religions pretend knowledge that they do not have. They lie about afterlife because we all know they have zero knowledge of that. They lie about creation making up such simple-minded myths that they teach you from childhood.
    Hawkins said the existence does not need a creator. I prefer his opinion rather than bronze age goat herders. The bible was written a couple of hundred years at least after Jesus, who may or may not have existed, was dead. Then it was compiled by councils including kings and popes along with religious scholars. It was a commission that wrote the bible long after.
    It is a political book of myths.
    That's false. It was written before Jesus. What was already written was meticulously translated and compiled by Constantinian scribes.

17. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    That's false. It was written before Jesus. What was already written was meticulously translated and compiled by Constantinian scribes.
    https://www.history.com/topics/religion/bible Nope. it was not. Earliest book after about a century. Some in the middle ages. Lots edited by Kings and popes much later.

18. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I am not disobedient.
    you are if God doesn't want us to be stupid.....