Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists more Intelligent

1. #376 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you studied religion and still don't understand it's either a choice to believe or not believe.........that's like saying you studied math and don't understand what 1 minus 1 equals......

in your case I suspect both are true.....
    I suspect you don't know what you're talking about.

2. #377 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

[QUOTE=Dutch Uncle;3827638]Then you say "Fuck it" and just keep sinning as thousands of your posts prove.[/QUO

To repent means to turn form your sin! What do you know of Christianity?

3. #378 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I suspect you don't know and should not make comments.
    He doesn't know and he's just lying as he so often does. So much for him being a Christian "prophet", eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I suspect you don't know what you're talking about.
    You are in the majority with that thought. He doesn't and most people on this forum, and probably IRL, know it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #379 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Then you say "Fuck it" and just keep sinning as thousands of your posts prove.
    To repent means to turn form your sin! What do you know of Christianity?
    Obviously more than you, kid.

5. #380 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Considering Christ Gave his life on the Cross as payment for my sins, simply accepting that he did it and confessing my sin and repenting is a small ask!
    Still a non-answer, Jethro. Why do you avoid the question?

6. #381 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obviously more than you, kid.
    Kid? Well by all means explain it to me!

7. #382 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I avoided nothing!

8. #383 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Considering Christ Gave his life on the Cross as payment for my sins, simply accepting that he did it and confessing my sin and repenting is a small ask!
    Correct about non-answer. Because he's a hypocrite; just another self-professed Christian who only talks the talk, not walks the walk.

Examples:
    Locker room talk, he never did it fool! Since you probably never played sports, you wouldn't understand!
    Quit posting your fantasies on the forum you hag!
    I really thought you had more game than that child! I have been married longer than you have been alive! Life is going to bite you in the ass, well I mean once you start working, and paying taxes!
    Probably on her back for politicians!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

domer76 (08-10-2020), Phantasmal (08-10-2020)

10. #384 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kid? Well by all means explain it to me!
    Yes because you obviously have the mind of a child.

I'll be happy to help explain Christianity to you since you know little about it. If you can honestly tell yourself that you are living the life as stated in the words below, then people will see you as a Christian. If you want to eat, sleep and fuck around and still call yourself a <hic> <burp> Christian, your choice.

God Bless America!

Mark 12:28-34
    The Greatest Commandment
    28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”

32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Luke 10:25-28
    The Parable of the Good Samaritan
    25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
    Titus 3:3-6 says, “At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 explains further, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/relig...tmeans_1.shtml
    Being a Christian is not about keeping rules and regulations, performing rituals, or even going to church. It's about a friendship - a friendship with Jesus Christ. Jesus said that knowing him is the doorway to a special relationship with God.

Jesus says that we can begin such a special relationship with God by committing ourselves to follow him. Millions of people today have discovered a relationship with God in this way.

11. #385 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Correct about non-answer. Because he's a hypocrite; just another self-professed Christian who only talks the talk, not walks the walk.

Examples:
    All of it truth, what is your problem? Can you not address the person you are speaking about? I would love to have adult conversations good luck on this forum however partisan hacks from the left prohibit it! As for some of the things I post, I fully admit some are not Christlike, and I ask daily for God to forgive me have you not read!
    We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good.… I mean being the Expert on all things Christian!

12. #386 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes because you obviously have the mind of a child.

I'll be happy to help explain Christianity to you since you know little about it. If you can honestly tell yourself that you are living the life as stated in the words below, then people will see you as a Christian. If you want to eat, sleep and fuck around and still call yourself a <hic> <burp> Christian, your choice.

God Bless America!

Mark 12:28-34
    The Greatest Commandment
    28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”

32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Luke 10:25-28
    The Parable of the Good Samaritan
    25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
    Titus 3:3-6 says, “At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 explains further, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/relig...tmeans_1.shtml
    Being a Christian is not about keeping rules and regulations, performing rituals, or even going to church. It's about a friendship - a friendship with Jesus Christ. Jesus said that knowing him is the doorway to a special relationship with God.

Jesus says that we can begin such a special relationship with God by committing ourselves to follow him. Millions of people today have discovered a relationship with God in this way.
    So you are saying that you never stumble, and never say or do things that are not Christlike? Because, Take the plank out of your eye before you judge another Christian! I fully admit I say things I shouldn't, in retaliation no less, but I understand I will not be perfect until I reach the Kingdom of heaven! I strive each day to do my best can you say the same?

13. #387 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All of it truth, what is your problem? Can you not address the person you are speaking about? I would love to have adult conversations good luck on this forum however partisan hacks from the left prohibit it! As for some of the things I post, I fully admit some are not Christlike, and I ask daily for God to forgive me have you not read!
    We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good.… I mean being the Expert on all things Christian!
    Like Trump doesn't like POWs, I don't like hypocrites. IMO they are cowardly scum. Does that offend you? Should I be apologetic for calling out a lying hypocrite?

The fact remains you are either lying about being a Christian since you do not regret a single thing you've posted or you are just a nutjob with a tenuous grasp of right and wrong. Sure, you'll scream it's something else, but it's pretty obvious it's one or the other. Every post you make will just prove me correct.

14. #388 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you are saying that you never stumble, and never say or do things that are not Christlike? Because, Take the plank out of your eye before you judge another Christian! I fully admit I say things I shouldn't, in retaliation no less, but I understand I will not be perfect until I reach the Kingdom of heaven! I strive each day to do my best can you say the same?
    Not saying that at all. Just calling a spade a spade. Do you have a problem with that?

15. #389 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

As pappy once said......the words that echo from a C&W hit......."You have to believe/stand for something -or- YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING". As evidenced with the title of this thread. Anyone that is actually intelligent does not require the need to inform the world of his/her intelligence via seeking accolade from other self professed intellectuals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

16. #390 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    all you have is hatred and coercion. it's not sufficient. you're fundamentally lacking. do better.
    Just more ass is not