Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no such thing as an armed protester

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default There is no such thing as an armed protester

This is not a partisan statement. There is no such thing as an armed protester. If you are openly carrying a weapon, and demanding a change, you are making an implicit threat. There is also no such thing as a armed panhandler. If you ask for money, it is panhandling. If you point a gun at someone, and ask for money, it is armed robbery. The victim does not need to reject your "request" and risk being shot.

We are seeing more and more of these "open carry protests" where terrorists carry guns to try to make change. Make no mistake about it, threatening with a gun to change a system is terrorism.

In Arkansas, Alt Right/KKK "protesters" pointed guns at unarmed protesters threatening to murder them... BUT, also a BLM "protester" carried a flamethrower to counter threaten racist protesters. Neither is "protesting" in my book. This is all going in a very bad direction.

Maybe I am just old school, but non-violent protesters like John Lewis were able to change systems without resorting to violence. He was beaten with everything from baseball bats to chains, without hitting back. It showed the violent racists for what they were, violent racists. The violent racists were not just one side in sectarian violence.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arkansas-...202217794.html

2. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Irish (08-05-2020)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-06-2020), Earl (08-05-2020), ThatOwlWoman (08-05-2020), Trumpet (08-05-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    This is not a partisan statement. There is no such thing as an armed protester. If you are openly carrying a weapon, and demanding a change, you are making an implicit threat. There is also no such thing as a armed panhandler. If you ask for money, it is panhandling. If you point a gun at someone, and ask for money, it is armed robbery. The victim does not need to reject your "request" and risk being shot.

We are seeing more and more of these "open carry protests" where terrorists carry guns to try to make change. Make no mistake about it, threatening with a gun to change a system is terrorism.

In Arkansas, Alt Right/KKK "protesters" pointed guns at unarmed protesters threatening to murder them... BUT, also a BLM "protester" carried a flamethrower to counter threaten racist protesters. Neither is "protesting" in my book. This is all going in a very bad direction.

Maybe I am just old school, but non-violent protesters like John Lewis were able to change systems without resorting to violence. He was beaten with everything from baseball bats to chains, without hitting back. It showed the violent racists for what they were, violent racists. The violent racists were not just one side in sectarian violence.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arkansas-...202217794.html
    The Tories believed the same way.

Americans learned that unarmed protesters are disregarded by authoritarian governments, so this:

Became this:
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,560 Times in 9,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

KKK, BLM....two very different groups,... both being hate groups though. One group portrays itself as a group who's main concern is racial disparity when in fact its main goal is Marxism. The other group makes no bones whatsoever about who and what they are. In that respect you could almost say that the KKK is actually a bit more honorable in their marketing. I myself do not make that distinction and believe they are both equally bad for society as a whole.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), ExpressLane (08-05-2020), Practical (08-05-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    KKK, BLM....two very different groups,... both being hate groups though. One group portrays itself as a group who's main concern is racial disparity when in fact its main goal is Marxism. The other group makes no bones whatsoever about who and what they are. In that respect you could almost say that the KKK is actually a bit more honorable in their marketing. I myself do not make that distinction and believe they are both equally bad for society as a whole.
    Disagreed. There are certainly Marxists in LW organizations, but the main goal of BLM is equal treatment under the law.

As for the KKK, they learned that making "no bones" about who they are made them as welcome as a diarrhetic pig in church. That's why David Duke put away his wizard robes and put on a suit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Trumpet (08-05-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Would love for you to come to Oakland and tell the locals the Black Panthers were terrorists.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

BLM have made the inevitable transition to being a Mafia running protection rackets.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...32#post3817132

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), Stone (08-05-2020), Wolverine (08-05-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,560 Times in 9,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

BLM is also a fairly new group. My bet? It trends to much more a Marxist organization then it is about racial disparities. In fact,.....its already started.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), Wolverine (08-05-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

the problem is the synergy between BLM and ANTIFA

I question "systemic racism" in police depts, but there is need of Congressional Reform legislation.
    Pelosi blocked Tim Smith's bill without even negotiating

when have you ever heard BLM commenting on Police Reform other then Defunding?
    So I question the motives as well as the organizations coordination with ANTIFA .

BLM is a YUGE fundraiser. where is all those 10's of millions donations going to?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), Stone (08-05-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

Americans learned that unarmed protesters are disregarded by authoritarian governments, so this:

Became this:
    Hands up don't shoot was a lie! Do better!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), Stone (08-05-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Disagreed. There are certainly Marxists in LW organizations, but the main goal of BLM is equal treatment under the law.

As for the KKK, they learned that making "no bones" about who they are made them as welcome as a diarrhetic pig in church. That's why David Duke put away his wizard robes and put on a suit.

The major goal of BLM is violence, and fund raising for the democrat party, under the guise of donations to BLM!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

anatta (08-05-2020), Earl (08-05-2020), Stone (08-05-2020)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BLM is also a fairly new group. My bet? It trends to much more a Marxist organization then it is about racial disparities. In fact,.....its already started.
    I'll take that bet. What are the parameters of the bet? How do we decide who won or lost? How much? Time limit?

As for armed citizens, I highly recommend everyone concerned about authoritarian governments to arm themselves and their families and ensure all are proficient with their use.

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the problem is the synergy between BLM and ANTIFA

I question "systemic racism" in police depts, but there is need of Congressional Reform legislation.
    Pelosi blocked Tim Smith's bill without even negotiating

when have you ever heard BLM commenting on Police Reform other then Defunding?
    So I question the motives as well as the organizations coordination with ANTIFA .

BLM is a YUGE fundraiser. where is all those 10's of millions donations going to?
    The tides foundation, move on, and OLD white democrat candidates!

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll take that bet. What are the parameters of the bet? How do we decide who won or lost? How much? Time limit?

As for armed citizens, I highly recommend everyone concerned about authoritarian governments to arm themselves and their families and ensure all are proficient with their use.
    Right fully so Private property should be defended do you disagree! Do Better

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    BLM have made the inevitable transition to being a Mafia running protection rackets.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...32#post3817132
    Sez the British citizen living in Thailand giving blowjobs to tourists and bowing down to a psychotic King.

Thanks for your input, Tom,but you are not a reliable source of unbiased or factual information.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

Became this:
    Hands up don't shoot was a lie! Do better!
    Sad but not unexpected you are supporting the British. I figured you for a fucking Tory and now everyone knows.