Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: People live longer in blue states than red; new study points to impact-state policies

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    All conclusions from such data is just conjecture. Correlation is not causation. Nothing says there is any single cause or that the cause is consistent across States or the SOTC either.

republican states are shithole states

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It’s a phrase of speech. People can use whatever search engine they want. We’re all adults, I would assume people are aware of that.
    I understand. Corporations love this. When they get to be so big they affect the vernacular. That's the best case for profits.

When corporations can get people to do this, the corporation has the people right where they want them.

But always there are some who simply refuse to go along.

They make trouble for the corporation by pointing out the problem with allowing for-profit entities to invade the subconscious.

As John Lewis said: 'Get into good trouble.'

Don't mind if I do!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-06-2020)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When a government actually cares about citizens, and does things to make life better for the citizens, then it only follows that the citizens with better lives will live longer.

Where a government says: "You're on your own. To the most powerful go the spoils!" That is where the powerless will die sooner.

The more powerful the powerful get, the shorter the average lifespan becomes.

I see this as a function of extreme wealth inequality.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #109 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Maybe it's because they work their asses off making a living and wear themselves out quicker? You wouldn't understand.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    When a government actually cares about citizens, and does things to make life better for the citizens, then it only follows that the citizens with better lives will live longer.

Where a government says: "You're on your own. To the most powerful go the spoils!" That is where the powerless will die sooner.

You're blind.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

I understand. Corporations love this. When they get to be so big they affect the vernacular. That's the best case for profits.

When corporations can get people to do this, the corporation has the people right where they want them.

But always there are some who simply refuse to go along.

They make trouble for the corporation by pointing out the problem with allowing for-profit entities to invade the subconscious.

As John Lewis said: 'Get into good trouble.'

Don't mind if I do!
    Jesus dude. Would you like me to say ‘go to the library and look up old LA Times, SF Chronicle and Sac Bee articles stating California has the highest poverty rate on microfiche’ instead?

Of course by listing those newspapers I’m supporting private organizations and thus profits so I can say find non profit journalist like Cal Matters whose article I already posted.

And additionally I would of course only suggest someone walk or take public transportation to the library to look at microfiche because if I said to bike or drive that would encourage the use and purchase of of items from corporations only looking to profit and that would not be “good trouble”.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Maybe it's because they work their asses off making a living and wear themselves out quicker? You wouldn't understand.

When you pull shit out of your ass all you have is an empty ass

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Jesus dude. Would you like me to say ‘go to the library and look up old LA Times, SF Chronicle and Sac Bee articles stating California has the highest poverty rate on microfiche’ instead?

Of course by listing those newspapers I’m supporting private organizations and thus profits so I can say find non profit journalist like Cal Matters whose article I already posted.

And additionally I would of course only suggest someone walk or take public transportation to the library to look at microfiche because if I said to bike or drive that would encourage the use and purchase of of items from corporations only looking to profit and that would not be “good trouble”.
    Do whatever you like. If wishing to advise someone to perform an internet search then just say so.

No corporations need be mentioned.

It is entirely possible to talk about doing a search without being an unintended shill for the rich and powerful.

What's the big deal?

Do you control your habits or do your habits control you?

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Do whatever you like. If wishing to advise someone to perform an internet search then just say so.

No corporations need be mentioned.

It is entirely possible to talk about doing a search without being an unintended shill for the rich and powerful.

What's the big deal?

Do you control your habits or do your habits control you?
    You make an excellent point because I'm what they call today an 'influencer' and with my millions of followers if I write 'do a Google search' on JPP my millions of fans who read this board because I post here now use Google instead of Bing (or any other alternatives if they even exist). With great power comes great responsibility and I need to be more aware of that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. You're doing the Lord's work sir.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

RB 60 (08-06-2020), Sailor (08-06-2020)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Words to live by

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

All States are republican states, jerk. They all have constitutions.

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Making up shit again, eh jerk? You 'cradle to grave' attitude is just Marxism.

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    It should be a no brainer.......$1000 goes a lot farther in Sioux Falls, SD than it does in San Francisco.......
    And a $1000 buys a lot more shit than gold. It is called supply and demand. San Francisco is a highly productive area of America, and so it is in great demand. Sioux Falls is where people go to live off the taxes paid by people in San Francisco.

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    All States are republican states, jerk. They all have constitutions.

ROTFL