Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 163

Thread: Biden tells Trump "step up and do your job" over coronavirus

  1. #106 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,360
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,531 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 745 Times in 699 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Increased testing.Texas is doing over 80K tests a day and New York is a little over 50k.
    Increased testing does not explain a rise in deaths. It also doesn't explain fully the rise in cases. Cases increased much faster than testing in all of these areas. The deaths are the tell tale sign that there are indeed more cases.

  2. #107 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Texas is doing over 80K tests a day and New York is a little over 50k.
    Who told you that? No one. You just made it up.

    Here are the charts of testing...you'll see that NY is consistently testing more people overall than TX, even over the last few weeks:

    NY.jpg

    TX.jpg

    You're not as smart as you think you are.

  3. #108 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,179
    Thanks
    2,652
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    170
    Groaned 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So yesterday, Dallas county reported 382 new cases with Suffolk county adding 142

    For Suffolk, that is .009% (142/1.47M)

    For Dallas, that is .02% (382/2.6M)

    Tarrant isn't much better...they had 303 cases / 2.1M is .01%

    So it's worse in Dallas and Tarrant than Suffolk right now.
    So what Texas is headed back down and we have been more open than New York the entire time. As I said before I bet you Texas has fewer deaths than New York in 2020. Our 14 day case average has dropped for the 9th consecutive day.

  4. #109 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Yep, that had an impact, I just don't know how much. It does appear that the cases have plateaued. I'm hopeful anyway. That's what happens when you take more aggressive measures, like mandatory masks, closing indoor dining, gyms etc. Miami Beach has an 8 P.M. curfew. That makes a huge difference, but unfortunately, that also impacts businesses. But that's what you have to do. Once you're over that hump, you can slowly and intelligently re-open. You can't sling open the front door, but that's what these Trumptards and their orange God want. And they want to do it sans masks.

    So, hopefully, the days of 10K cases are over for now (we had two days under that number before the hurricane). It is proof once again that intelligent measures work. The problem is, the virus doesn't know borders, and this will just spread to areas that don't have those measures in place, and maybe even start up in areas that have already seen a first outbreak (like New Jersey). Lack of a national plan is inexcusable.
    Also, any reported numbers are now suspect since Trump is routing all COVID data to his own Office of Special Planning, and not the CDC.

  5. #110 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    So what Texas is headed back down
    You sure about that? Because going "back down" to "just" 7,000 cases a day isn't good and it's higher than NY's daily case count during its peak weeks.

    And the higher case counts aren't because of more testing. NY has tested more people than TX, yet NY's positive rate is 1% while Texas' is 13%.

    That indicates the virus is out of control in Texas.

  6. #111 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    So what Texas is headed back down and we have been more open than New York the entire time. .
    Texas is not heading down, it's not doing well, and it currently has a 13% positive rate while NY's is just 1%.

    Texas also now has more confirmed cases than NY.

    Texas led the nation in deaths last week.

    Texas' economy is in the shitter and the unemployment rate is 13%.

  7. #112 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,179
    Thanks
    2,652
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    170
    Groaned 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Who told you that? No one. You just made it up.

    Here are the charts of testing...you'll see that NY is consistently testing more people overall than TX, even over the last few weeks:

    NY.jpg

    TX.jpg

    You're not as smart as you think you are.
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...l-states/texas

    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...tates/new-york

  8. #113 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    As I said before I bet you Texas has fewer deaths than New York in 2020.
    Texas doctors had a four month head start and even with that head start, they have surpassed NY in total case count.

    The only reason the death rate is lower today than it was in March/April is because doctors have had four months to learn about COVID and how to treat it better.

    You want to give that credit to the politicians, but they had nothing to do with that. Neither did you.

    The low death rate is thanks 100% to the efforts of the medical community, not the economy or Trump.


    Our 14 day case average has dropped for the 9th consecutive day.
    Wait - why did it peak 9 days ago? Why did it peak at all? Why didn't TX get a handle on this in the four months' head start? Why does TX now have more cases than NY?

  9. #114 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,179
    Thanks
    2,652
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    170
    Groaned 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Who told you that? No one. You just made it up.

    Here are the charts of testing...you'll see that NY is consistently testing more people overall than TX, even over the last few weeks:

    NY.jpg

    TX.jpg

    You're not as smart as you think you are.
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...l-states/texas

    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...tates/new-york

    You need to learn how to read a chart. The black is positive the bars are the total amount of testing.

    The last day recorded Texas did 86,807 test a
    New York did 51,839 tests
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 08-04-2020 at 01:56 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

    Sailor (08-04-2020)

  11. #115 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Those links show TX only tested over 80,000 twice (and once was yesterday), and NY has tested over 80,000 once.

    Those links also show NY testing more people overall in the last 3 weeks than TX, and it's not even close.

    So much for your theory that more testing = more cases.

  12. #116 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...l-states/texas

    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...tates/new-york

    You need to learn how to read a chart. The black is positive the bars are the total amount of testing.
    This is a gaslighting attempt you are making to spike a debate you just lost.

    You had been arguing that the increase in positive tests in Texas is because of more testing.

    Yet, the links you provided show that NY is testing MORE than TX, yet NY is seeing 1/10th of the cases and a 1% positivity rate.

    After seeing that laid out in the chart, you have unilaterally decided to chaff the debate by saying the black line represents positivity. Yeah, duh, I can read a chart. Can you?

    What do those orange bars represent???????

    Can you say? Can you tell? I'll give you a hint...they represent the number of tests conducted that day.

    You said before that NY was testing in the 50,000's and TX was testing in the 80,000s, but your own link disproves that completely.

    So why are you attempting to spike this thread with bullshit?

    Because you got pwned.

    One more thing...did you happen to notice how on the Texas chart, the black line is INCREASING???? So the positive rate isn't going down in TX, it's going up, even as you test more.

    Honest question, not rhetorical: do you really know how to read a chart?

  13. #117 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    You need to learn how to read a chart. The black is positive the bars are the total amount of testing.

    The last day recorded Texas did 86,807 test New York did 51,839 tests
    OK, before yesterday, how many days did Texas test over 80,000 people? Once. How many did NY test over 80,000 people? Also once.

    That is also not what you said before, here....so you just tried to gaslight and do a goalpost shift because you just lost the debate in most humiliating fashion:

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Increased testing.Texas is doing over 80K tests a day and New York is a little over 50k.
    So the above was a lie, then, right? Because Texas did 80,000 tests TWICE and NY did it ONCE. So NY isn't testing that many per day, and neither is Texas.

    So you just bullshitted on this thread. So thanks for doing that because now I see no point in holding back my insults since you seem to have contempt for anything that dares ruin your fragile, pathetic, narrow little world.

  14. #118 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,179
    Thanks
    2,652
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    170
    Groaned 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Increased testing does not explain a rise in deaths. It also doesn't explain fully the rise in cases. Cases increased much faster than testing in all of these areas. The deaths are the tell tale sign that there are indeed more cases.
    As I have said multiple times Texas is experiencing a hot spot. Most of the deaths have happened in Houston. But for the 9th straight day our 14 day average has declined . It seems that we have plateaued and are on the way back down. Through out the pandemic we have remained much more open than New York however. Our spike followed with the large BLM protests in Houston and the reopening of Bars. Both of which I disagreed with. BTW. I still think we will have many fewer deaths in 2020 than New York will have and we have 30% more Texans than New Yorkers.

  15. #119 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    31,437
    Thanks
    4,015
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 5,417 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,059 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    As I have said multiple times Texas is experiencing a hot spot. .
    But why is Texas experiencing a hot spot, 4 months after the outbreak in NY?

    Because of shitty Conservative leadership, contempt for science, and desperation to coddle Trump.


    But for the 9th straight day our 14 day average has declined
    Funny how that decline also corresponds almost to the day that Trump routed all COVID data to his administration, and not to the CDC.


    Our spike followed with the large BLM protests in Houston and the reopening of Bars.
    If protests were responsible for the spike, how come there wasn't a corresponding spike in NY, MA, MI, or DC? They all had protests too. Bigger than those in Texas, yet no COVID spikes.

    Why?


    I still think we will have many fewer deaths in 2020 than New York will have and we have 30% more Texans than New Yorkers.
    I would hope so since TX doctors have had a four month head start on COVID treatments.

    But even then, they're losing 100 people a day.

    Nor does it excuse why it's spiking in TX four months after the NY Outbreak.

  16. #120 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,179
    Thanks
    2,652
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    170
    Groaned 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Texas doctors had a four month head start and even with that head start, they have surpassed NY in total case count.

    The only reason the death rate is lower today than it was in March/April is because doctors have had four months to learn about COVID and how to treat it better.
    That is crap the first Documented case of COVID 19 in Texas was documented on February 13th. The first case of COVID-19 in New York during the pandemic was confirmed on March 1, 2020. The first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States was announced by the state of Washington on January 21, 2020.BTW. So why didn't Washington state have more cases than New York did since they had COVID before New York. And since Texas had a DOCUMENTED COVID case before New York why did the New York doctors let all those New Yorkers die.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...demic_in_Texas

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...w_York_(state)

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...ington_(state)
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 08-04-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 157
    Last Post: 06-19-2020, 08:45 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2020, 04:31 PM
  3. Trump says that the Coronavirus is the "Dems" new "hoax".
    By Tacomaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-03-2020, 08:32 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-27-2020, 10:35 AM
  5. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 10:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •