Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Blackwater Lunchbreak, The Anonymous, /MSG/, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, CFM, Superfreak, TOP, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, Cancel 2020.2 and OG Yurt

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Death by Corona Explodes to 61!

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In the seven months since Darth Omar was giggling about only 61 deaths, 250,000 Americans - one quarter million - have died.
    It's sad and tragic and didn't need to happen.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2020)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,317 Times in 53,228 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Ummm.....I don't see him as mastering copying documents and using an electric stapler.
    You're such a bitch.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-15-2020)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,351 Times in 52,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You're such a bitch.
    ROFLMAO. Yes, ma'm. Learned it all from Wife 2.0.

FWIW, Wife 3.0 is keeper!
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Watched all three seasons of Jessica Jones. Pretty good series. Not one of the all times greats, but entertaining.
    Last edited by Bubba; 11-16-2020 at 03:25 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-16-2020)

8. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ROFLMAO. Yes, ma'm. Learned it all from Wife 2.0.

FWIW, Wife 3.0 is keeper!
    Improving your selection skills is always a good idea!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Bubba,

Glad you have joined our discussions.

I have some personal rules which are more strict than the site rules. Please read and observe my Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

If that's cool with you I look forward to lots of great discussions. If not then we won't be talking long. I hope it is agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Watched all three seasons of Jessica Jones. Pretty good series. Not one of the all times greats, but entertaioning.
    I actually did not even know who that was. I'm not into Marvel. I cancelled cable TV years ago. Don't usually watch late-night. And I prefer older movies. I just liked the way she did that eyeroll.

Caused me to go look something up, become more familiar. Thanks. Obviously an accomplished actress.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

It is over a quarter million deaths and counting, It is getting worse. Trump has not attended a pandemic meeting in over 5 months. He stopped the daily update pressers. He simply does not care about it.
    There are things a caring president could have done to mitigate the cases and deaths. He did the opposite. Trump played golf and cheated at that too.

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is over a quarter million deaths and counting, It is getting worse. Trump has not attended a pandemic meeting in over 5 months. He stopped the daily update pressers. He simply does not care about it.
    There are things a caring president could have done to mitigate the cases and deaths. He did the opposite. Trump played golf and cheated at that too.
    He never did care about anything except his wallet. Is there any doubt he'd sacrifice any of his kids if it meant he could have his lost billion back? Eric first and Ivanka last, of course.

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello and welcome Bubba,

Glad you have joined our discussions.

I have some personal rules which are more strict than the site rules. Please read and observe my Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

If that's cool with you I look forward to lots of great discussions. If not then we won't be talking long. I hope it is agreeable.

I actually did not even know who that was. I'm not into Marvel. I cancelled cable TV years ago. Don't usually watch late-night. And I prefer older movies. I just liked the way she did that eyeroll.

Caused me to go look something up, become more familiar. Thanks. Obviously an accomplished actress.
    Thank you for the warm welcome, PoliTalker. I also prefer civil discourse to the insults and abuse that seem routine on this site. A few days ago, I asked TacomaMan to clarify a post he had made previously. He called me a "troll" and a "dipshit." Asked to join Above Plain Politics Forum; No response yet.

Now, I have a question, but before we get to it, lemme tell you a bit about myself. Perhaps you'll decide you'd rather not read, respond, or participate.

Liberals certainly consider me a racist, homophobe, fascist, Nazi, and a few other choice nouns. And by liberal standards, I am all those things. Racist, for example, used to mean "A person who believes one race is inherently superior to another." Now it just means "A person who questions any part of the liberal agenda."

Don't care who you marry, but when you force other people to participate in and celebrate your lifestyle, you are in the wrong. If you would rather drive a family into bankruptcy and ruin than walk two blocks to a different bakery, YOU are the bigot.

I am a conservative patriot. Have no patience with people who accuse me of worshiping Trump or say I'm a cult member or a Trumptard or any similar nonsense. Here's the truth: Donald Trump was clearly the better of the two choice we had in 2016. He has done what he could to fulfill his promise to prevent illegal aliens and terrorists from entering the United States. Corona Virus caught us all by surprise. With imperfect information, Trump handled the situation as well as could be expected. Does anybody seriously think Hillary woulda done better??

If you're still reading, PoliTalker, perhaps we'll get along and have interesting discussions.

OK, my question: Is there any particular reason I should care whether you read my posts, respond, or participate in my threads??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (11-16-2020)

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bubba,

Thank you for the warm welcome, PoliTalker. I also prefer civil discourse to the insults and abuse that seem routine on this site. A few days ago, I asked TacomaMan to clarify a post he had made previously. He called me a "troll" and a "dipshit." Asked to join Above Plain Politics Forum; No response yet.
    I had to draw the line at the way people treat me. I don't normally place somebody on Ignore over something that went on between them and another poster. I do have liberals on Ignore. I wouldn't call you those things or anything, really. I don't see discussing politics as being about the people doing the discussing. It's supposed to be about politics. I have rights to post in APP but it doesn't generate enough volume so I post in the wide open forums and use tools filter out the garbage and find the gems. People really talking and saying things; instead of flame wars and looking for targets to unload frustration on. Disamred political discussion posts are the gems.

Now, I have a question, but before we get to it, lemme tell you a bit about myself. Perhaps you'll decide you'd rather not read, respond, or participate.

Liberals certainly consider me a racist, homophobe, fascist, Nazi, and a few other choice nouns. And by liberal standards, I am all those things. Racist, for example, used to mean "A person who believes one race is inherently superior to another." Now it just means "A person who questions any part of the liberal agenda."
    I use the definition "A person who believes one race is inherently superior to another." And I probably would not call you anything, anyway. If you said something I considered racist I would simply say I consider that racist.

Don't care who you marry, but when you force other people to participate in and celebrate your lifestyle, you are in the wrong. If you would rather drive a family into bankruptcy and ruin than walk two blocks to a different bakery, YOU are the bigot.
    I never really gave that story much of my attention. It just seemed to be bizarre and way blown out of proportion. I never considered it worthy of putting any time into learning about it, that it really has little bearing on where our country is going. That story took on a life of it's own and it's a life I am happy to let pass me by.

I am a conservative patriot. Have no patience with people who accuse me of worshiping Trump or say I'm a cult member or a Trumptard or any similar nonsense. Here's the truth: Donald Trump was clearly the better of the two choice we had in 2016. He has done what he could to fulfill his promise to prevent illegal aliens and terrorists from entering the United States. Corona Virus caught us all by surprise. With imperfect information, Trump handled the situation as well as could be expected. Does anybody seriously think Hillary woulda done better??
    I wouldn't make it about you, but I would give my own view and offer my reasons for disagreeing with opposing views. Yes, I do think Hillary would have done better. Far better. She would have taken it seriously, not made it political, done everything possible to keep it from spreading. I am certain of that.

If you're still reading, PoliTalker, perhaps we'll get along and have interesting discussions.
    I would hope so.

OK, my question: Is there any particular reason I should care whether you read my posts, respond, or participate in my threads??
    The only reason would be if you enjoyed an exchange with a respectful individual of an opposing view. I try to voice my own view in the least challenging way possible, but yet still in a way that fully explains my reasoning. Since it is not about hatred, it's possible to explain without sounding like a personal attack.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,635 Times in 27,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

In the eight months since Darth Omar was giggling about only 61 deaths, 262,000 Americans have died.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-23-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (11-23-2020)

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

In the eight months since Darth Omar was giggling about only 61 deaths, 262,000 Americans have died.
    Aren't all these posturing trumpers a total pain in the arse!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Cypress (11-23-2020)

19. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He's still giggling and denying the deaths.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (11-23-2020)

21. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,635 Times in 27,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Default Mr. 61 Deaths

In the eight months since Darth Omar was giggling about only 61 deaths, 279,000 Americans have died.

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

That is not what racist means.
    Trump was an unqualified, not too bright , and a disaster who did not get better in 2020. He ignored Corona and we are paying bigly. Hillary would have allowed the CDC to run a pandemic. That is what they are trained and paid to do.Yes, she would have been a lot better.