Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Biden advised Obama not to kill bin Laden

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I think the OP wishes for us to examine the biden past, the same guy that does not want us doing the same w/ the trump past.......

Personally I would consider it if not for the blatant hypocrisy of measuring trump's past by one measure & bidens record by another.......

We all make mistakes, well accept trump......
    Silliness
    see my sig -Trump has been investigated ad nauseum - starting with the Russian Hoax

This thread isn't even an "investigation" of Biden -it's using Biden's own words
    corroborated by first hand principles in the Situation Room ( bin Ladens )

~~

Our Troops get killed all the time in AfPak,and back in Iraq
    If one of our commanders were KIA -we'd be pissed but that's part of being in a battlefield
    If a CIA Op was killed we'd prolly just deny it and then take revenge

Personally I would consider it if not for the blatant hypocrisy of measuring trump's past by one measure & bidens record by another.......
    good gawd man - we have a record of counterterrorism decisions and actions of Trump and Biden -we are comparing them here -
    i just did for you about "attacking Iraq" We are comparing the records of taking out terrorists as well

I have no idea what your "hypocrisy" means
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-04-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do not miss post #43
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Intelligence experts believed they had located bin Laden in a Pakistan compound, but they weren’t certain, and the risks of failure were high.
    Most officials present urged Obama to go for it, the president turned to Biden: “Joe, what do you think?” he asked, according to an account Biden gave
    “Mr. President, my suggestion is don’t go,” Biden said.

In May 2011, Vice President Joe Biden was in the White House Situation Room, joining President Barack Obama and his top national security officials for a crucial meeting. The question on the table: whether to order a dangerous Special Forces raid to take out Osama bin Laden.

Intelligence experts believed they had located bin Laden in a Pakistan compound, but they weren’t certain, and the risks of failure were high. After most officials present urged Obama to go for it, the president turned to Biden: “Joe, what do you think?” he asked, according to an account Biden gave months later.
    This guy would be a disaster.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-04-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One simple question: what would the US response be if Iran assassinated one of our generals like that........??

What if another country decides trump, CIA director, FBI etc is a terrorist & makes the call to take him out?? Or does only the us presidents have that right??
    he was more then just a general - he organized terrorist activities throughout the ME as well
    ~~
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01...e-enemy-of-us/
    U.S. forces blamed the Quds Force for an attack in Karbala during the Iraq War that killed five American troops, as well as for training and supplying the bomb-makers whose improvised bombs made improvised explosive devices.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

So is there some significance to him saying kill him or not to kill him??

What does not kill him even mean??

Leave him be??

Bag him up & ship him to DC??

only as a measure of the soundness of his judgment......after all, there are rumors some think he should be president.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

dukkha (08-04-2020), ExpressLane (08-04-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not everybody agreed. It was very risky.
    are you convinced now?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would not have ordered that spectacle either............ Another failed tv stunt, no big boost, no long term advantage gained, well unless he decides to run for office in Israel or something when he gets the boot here & needs to leave town a few steps ahead of the law.............

Now Iran is solidly in the china camp, I guess we should be happy about that??

If they were going to off him, a smart president aka not trump would have not made a spectacle of it, he would have had a car accident, heart attack or a domestic dispute etc etc etc.......... One day them chickens is coming home to roost, he'll already be dead, someone else will pay the price of his absurdity..
    we're not going to make you president either......

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Biden is a disaster in the making

He's a neocon that wont kill terrorists

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-04-2020)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok ... SO?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Ok ... SO?
    ill put you down for passing up the chance to kill bin Laden as Biden advised

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-04-2020)

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    he was more then just a general - he organized terrorist activities throughout the ME as well
    ~~
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01...e-enemy-of-us/
    U.S. forces blamed the Quds Force for an attack in Karbala during the Iraq War that killed five American troops, as well as for training and supplying the bomb-makers whose improvised bombs made improvised explosive devices.

I know the answer, & so do you, that's all that really matters here.......hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I would not take the job..

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would not take the job..
    Thank God.

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know the answer, & so do you, that's all that really matters here.......hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    you dont seem to know Soleimani was a terrorist till his last day
    We had a couple chances to drone him under Obama -but the Biden way of turning the cheek took hold

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Intelligence experts believed they had located bin Laden in a Pakistan compound, but they weren’t certain, and the risks of failure were high.
    Most officials present urged Obama to go for it, the president turned to Biden: “Joe, what do you think?” he asked, according to an account Biden gave
    “Mr. President, my suggestion is don’t go,” Biden said.

In May 2011, Vice President Joe Biden was in the White House Situation Room, joining President Barack Obama and his top national security officials for a crucial meeting. The question on the table: whether to order a dangerous Special Forces raid to take out Osama bin Laden.

Intelligence experts believed they had located bin Laden in a Pakistan compound, but they weren’t certain, and the risks of failure were high. After most officials present urged Obama to go for it, the president turned to Biden: “Joe, what do you think?” he asked, according to an account Biden gave months later.
    At least you are finally admitting that it was Obama who decided to invest the time into finding Bin Laden, and then take the risk in killing Bin Laden. Bush disbanded the Bin Laden intelligence team twice, though one time he went back on his decision.

But now you are being less than exact about Biden. You are taking Biden out of context.

Bin Laden was hidden deep inside Pakistan. He was less than a mile from the base containing the Pakistani version of West Point, but also the Pakistani backup nuclear launch control. Pakistan is a nuclear power with hundreds of missiles, and this was an attack right at the heart of their nuclear defense. It could have easily gone wrong, and ended up killing hundreds of millions of people.

Biden said that he would get more conformation before going, but then told Obama to trust his gut. He did not say not to go, but rather maybe not go right then.

Obama decided to trust his gut and go right then. He also worked hard to make sure it did not explode into a nuclear war. We should all be grateful to Obama.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/bi...in-laden-raid/