Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jerry Falwell Jr. Posted -- Then Deleted -- a Bizarre 'Vacation Photo' From Instagram

1. #31 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Religion is a money making business. The leaders live like kings extracting money from the poor .I read once "show me a priest with 2 sets of clothes, and i will show you a hypocrite." The evangelicals are looting the followers to live on enormous estates and fly personal jets. It is hard for the flochk to understand that that is wrong? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...gious_scandals
    Religious leaders are making it all up. They know exactly what you do about the afterlife. Why pay them to fake it.
    ?
    Seriously, you should kill yourself.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,101 Times in 33,826 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No. My stance is that none of us can see in the hearts and minds of other people therefor we are unqualified to judge if another person is or isnt a Christian.......

I think I have made my thoughts pretty clear from the beginning of me posting in this thread....
    I can read their posts on this forum, watch the words and actions of people in real time, Christians are to follow the teachings and examples of Jesus. They are suppose to follow the teachings in the New Testament. There are people who do not come close to following Jesus, but profess to be Christians. The word of Jesus says it’s not just what is in your heart but your word and deeds that should reflect the Holy Spirit. They do not set a good example or spread the Gospel as Christians are compelled to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-05-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,378 Times in 52,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    These are the type of men white america looks up too, they flood them with billions of tax free dollars give them universities and young girls and boys to rape.they are respected and considered experts.

see epstien, dump and catholic priest.

white america...................be more selective in who youchoose to admire
    What is/are your solutions to the problems you perceive?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,378 Times in 52,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I can read their posts on this forum, watch the words and actions of people in real time, Christians are to follow the teachings and examples of Jesus. They supposedly are to follow the teachings in the New Testament. There are people who do not come close to following Jesus, but profess to be Christians. The word of Jesus says it’s not just what is in your heart but your word and deeds that should reflect the Holy Spirit. They do not set a good example or spread the Gospel as Christians are compelled to do.
    Agreed. The message of Jesus is peace, not war, despite all the cherry-picking some loud-mouthed people may do. The message of Jesus includes two commandments; love God and love each other. Any "Christian" who spreads hate, bias, a negative opinion, throws shade or otherwise fails to love another person is not walking the path of Jesus.

People who claim to be Christians, always fall back on "we all sin" and actively, even daily, spread hate and lies, should find another God to profess. Something like this asshole:

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"