Thread: 3/4 of Covid Recovered Patients have Heart Problems

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Watts brought a Western understanding to Zen. He understood the unity of it all. How everything is different so that it can all fit together.
    I was forged in Rockford Ill...very conservative and very sheltered...on purpose.....you can well imagine what discovering Watts and Jung at the age of Twenty was like.

Having the Michigan State University Library at my disposal was a revelation, it was huge and wonderful then.

As for Western Understanding of Zen D.T. Suzuki was king.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-05-2020), Sailor (08-05-2020)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What did they used to teach and what do they teach now that is so disturbing to you? New Math? The North was righteous in invading the South? The US pulled the Euros assess out of the fire twice in one century?
    You are thinking far too small to get me, you are at the wrong resolution as Jordan Peterson would say.

You must fix that if we are to continue on this theme.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

100% of them are addicted to oxygen... so. Covid patients who are addicted to oxygen are likely to have recovered from Covid with problems that may have preexisted. Comparing them with other folks who haven't had the disease does not convey whether there were issues with those folks before they were infected or not, nor does it show a change in their heart, it just shows that the 100 folks they put in this "study" had some issues after they recovered, not if the issues existed before infection.

This survey doesn't show what they say it shows.

Things it can show without showing that it damages their hearts...

1. Folks with heart damage may be more susceptible to COVID.
    2. The random group they picked had a high level of heart disease.
    3. The random group of folks that were not infected had a lower than normal incidence of heart disease.

It could also show what they said it does, but these studies and how they were done do not prove what they are saying here. To prove that we need to test folks before and after infection and get the larger picture of how it affected them or whether they are infected due to that damage to begin with...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Stretch (08-05-2020)

6. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,332 Times in 52,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I was forged in Rockford Ill...very conservative and very sheltered...on purpose.....you can well imagine what discovering Watts and Jung at the age of Twenty was like.

Having the Michigan State University Library at my disposal was a revelation, it was huge and wonderful then.

As for Western Understanding of Zen D.T. Suzuki was king.
    I didn't start avidly reading and listening to Alan Watts until my thirties but I knew about Jung, Freud, Skinner, etc from college. Jung was much further ahead of the curve than Freud, but he wasn't perfect. Still, a foremost pioneer of the field.

I agree with Jung in 2 out of 3 of the areas listed below but disagree with both regarding the nature of the unconscious. Freud is completely wrong on it IMO and Jung is close, but off with the "imprinting" and "species consciousness" theories. TBH, I was always more interested in Behaviorism than Freudian psychology, but I do like Jung's works above all over in that area.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/carl-jung.html
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are thinking far too small to get me, you are at the wrong resolution as Jordan Peterson would say.

You must fix that if we are to continue on this theme.
    It's really great that you have that going for you. Good luck.

8. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    100% of them are addicted to oxygen... so. Covid patients who are addicted to oxygen are likely to have recovered from Covid with problems that may have preexisted. Comparing them with other folks who haven't had the disease does not convey whether there were issues with those folks before they were infected or not, nor does it show a change in their heart, it just shows that the 100 folks they put in this "study" had some issues after they recovered, not if the issues existed before infection.

This survey doesn't show what they say it shows.

Things it can show without showing that it damages their hearts...

1. Folks with heart damage may be more susceptible to COVID.
    2. The random group they picked had a high level of heart disease.
    3. The random group of folks that were not infected had a lower than normal incidence of heart disease.

It could also show what they said it does, but these studies and how they were done do not prove what they are saying here. To prove that we need to test folks before and after infection and get the larger picture of how it affected them or whether they are infected due to that damage to begin with...
    Once we are able to keep idiots from willfully sacrificing themselves on the #COVID45 altar of death, we can work on fine-tuning the studies. Unfortunately though epidemics and pandemics don't much lend themselves to true double-blind, controlled studies where pre-morbidities can be easily screened for and eliminated. Suffice it to say that at this time there is enough retrospective and anecdotal evidence to show that even mild cases of COVID-19 can and are causing damage to cardiac and vascular tissue. It's too early to know whether this damage is permanent.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

60% had ongoing myocardial inflammation. Is there any timeline info for their recovery?
    Looks like 18 patients got past the initial cardiac involvement while 60 had some ongoing inflammation. Is there some info somewhere on those particular
    patients that might show that number getting still lower over time? I understand we'd have to know which ones had the pre-existing issues and fit those
    into the appropriate groups.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Is that a Covid thing?
    No it's a retired thing.lol.

11. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,000 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    No it's a retired thing.lol.
    Congrats!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

anonymoose (08-06-2020)

13. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed on encourage and education. Why do you think children aren't being taught about the Constitution and the law? Saying "bad behavior and bad work" is a bit vague. Carrie Nation thought drinking was "bad", but I think it's "bad" when done to excess, done to harm others or done illegally.

I definitely agree on opening children's minds. This is one reason why I think teaching Critical Thinking should be the priority above all other skills and subjects. Teach them "how" to learn, "how" to think and then let them learn and think what they decide is best. Obviously basic subjects like readin', 'ritin' and 'rithmatic should still be taught, but Critical Thinking should be part of every class.
    very, very good point.......

I taught my kids.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    very, very good point.......

I taught my kids.........
    Let's hope it becomes a fad like TikTok.

15. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Teaching how to think for oneself and how to see is what education systems are for.

We dont do that anymore, from Pre-K all the way up to Post Doc.

They do indoctrination now, they are Mind Molders.

They work to cage souls now.

AN ABOMINATION
    It is rare...

I believe if we looked we could find some, but personally only know of only one in Brooklyn, NY, part of NYU...

I can not even recall the title of the class, but it related to politics-so obviously those attending it had their own thoughts, ideas & prejudice towards other ideologies & agendas.....

Ex: students are told to form a team of four & then assigned their pro-con debate..........

That was the easy part..

The hard part is when he said now next week you are going to switch~pro is now con, con is now pro..

Some students were sicken almost.. Particularly a strong aggressive group of JDL identifiers(not sure if actual members) who then had to take a pro Palestinian view......

It really made an impression on me, & I think most students in that class~when you need to look @ a situation from someone elses perspective.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It is rare...

I believe if we looked we could find some, but personally only know of only one in Brooklyn, NY, part of NYU...

I can not even recall the title of the class, but it related to politics-so obviously those attending it had their own thoughts, ideas & prejudice towards other ideologies & agendas.....

Ex: students are told to form a team of four & then assigned their pro-con debate..........

That was the easy part..

The hard part is when he said now next week you are going to switch~pro is now con, con is now pro..

Some students were sicken almost.. Particularly a strong aggressive group of JDL identifiers(not sure if actual members) who then had to take a pro Palestinian view......

It really made an impression on me, & I think most students in that class~when you need to look @ a situation from someone elses perspective.......
    I have talked about my Freshman HS teacher Mr Mac in 1976...government...he was a ultra Righty teaching the Constitution and talking about Commie Fags and Femanizies and claimed to be a card carrying member of the John Birch Society though it must be said that when I asked to see it after class one day the look on his face was "This never happens" and he refused to show it. Mr Mac often used political cartoons to teach "What are they saying, are they right, and if they are wrong why are they saying this...you need to know....power will lie to you if they think they can....people are lazy and power corrupts.....you must be strong so that they wont lie so much and you have to be able to figure out who the liars are, you have to know what is going on, this is your duty as a citizen and if it does not get done democracy dies (parphrase)".

The other half the year we had a hippie teaching us US history....though he was all about the truth....again this tag time tried to teach us that we have to know the truth....they would also say that we must stand up for truth....the point here of course is that every students gets a taste of two sides and two very different styles....both sharing the same core values.

It was only 30 years later that I figured out how awesome they were, and how awesome my school and district leaders were for allowing it....I lived in one of the top school districts in the state. At the time a lot of people wanted Mr Mac fired or reformed, his employers backed him up.....that would never happen today.

These two have a lot to do with how I am now, never let it be said that the best teachers are not almost Gods, or that they dont massively change lives.

I wanted to be a teacher once, and am so sick about what has happened to so-called education.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have talked about my Freshman HS teacher Mr Mac in 1976...government...he was a ultra Righty teaching the Constitution and talking about Commie Fags and Femanizies and claimed to be a card carrying member of the John Birch Society though it must be said that when I asked to see it after class one day the look on his face was "This never happens" and he refused to show it. Mr Mac often used political cartoons to teach "What are they saying, are they right, and if they are wrong why are they saying this...you need to know....power will lie to you if they think they can....people are lazy and power corrupts.....you must be strong so that they wont lie so much and you have to be able to figure out who the liars are, you have to know what is going on, this is your duty as a citizen and if it does not get done democracy dies (parphrase)".

The other half the year we had a hippie teaching us US history....though he was all about the truth....again this tag time tried to teach us that we have to know the truth....they would also say that we must stand up for truth....the point here of course is that every students gets a taste of two sides and two very different styles....both sharing the same core values.

It was only 30 years later that I figured out how awesome they were, and how awesome my school and district leaders were for allowing it....I lived in one of the top school districts in the state. At the time a lot of people wanted Mr Mac fired or reformed, his employers backed him up.....that would never happen today.

These two have a lot to do with how I am now, never let it be said that the best teachers are not almost Gods, or that they dont massively change lives.

I wanted to be a teacher once, and am so sick about what has happened to so-called education.
    Awesome, very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn early what most ppl never learn.......