Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Iowa!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Billy's off his feed......he forgot to tell the new guy to not fuck up.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-07-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Practical,

Nice dream but doesn't work in reality. Problem occurs when one of the parties is extremely powerful and greedy. Makes a win/win transaction impossible.

It also does not work for the environment. Selfish greedy powerful people and corporations will not take care of the environment unless forced to by government regulation.

Back in 1776 it didn't matter. Now it does.

Poor people with severely limited resources are desperate job seekers. Ruthless employers count on taking advantage of them. Evangelicals force them to have unwanted children, which makes poverty greater. Lots of people with little means = ripe conditions for pandemic and spread of disease.

Government must grow to meet the needs of the people. It is only logical that as time passes, and new technology appears which must be regulated, and population expands, that government must continue getting larger and larger to accommodate the needs of the nation. This is only logical.

If we don't have a large government and effective regulation, it leads to extreme wealth inequality, which we do not want.

We don't want extreme wealth inequality because that leads to oligarchy, which causes great dissent and leads to revolution and the break-up or end of the nation. When nations go through revolution or break up, the resources of the land are attractive to other nations, which would come in and help themselves, thus destroying all possibility of a better nation emerging from the melt-down.

We must protect our nation by protecting the citizens. We must help Americans achieve the American dream. We must provide healthcare to all as one large group. We must make living in the USA a great experience. We need to help provide as much opportunity as possible for as many people as possible to advance and enjoy a good life. We have more things to regulate than ever, and as time goes by there will naturally be more yet.

The best thing we can do is to work towards eliminating corruption. Big government is not the problem, big money corruption of government is the problem.
    I personally have a business plan prepped and ready to go when the Libertarians take over. The plan does make some assumptions, but I think they're fair. I assume that government will get out of the way with respect to legislating environmental protections, gun laws, labor laws, and drug laws. That's all I'll need. I'm going Walter White and starting a (completely legal) meth business somewhere in the backwoods of West Virginia, where there will be a steady supply of customers. I'll build my factory without regard to dumping dangerous chemicals, because hey, the government shouldn't get in my way when it comes to that. Production and distribution will be handled mainly by child labor. I'll make sure I arm my dealers with the latest and greatest weaponry for their protection. If I can find a good cook, I figure to keep my production costs very low. Distribution will be a bit more expensive, but I doubt I'll have much competition. It will be nice to have the government out of my hair as I stretch my entrepreneurial wings. What a country!!!

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Practical,

Nice dream but doesn't work in reality. Problem occurs when one of the parties is extremely powerful and greedy. Makes a win/win transaction impossible.

It also does not work for the environment. Selfish greedy powerful people and corporations will not take care of the environment unless forced to by government regulation.

Back in 1776 it didn't matter. Now it does.

Poor people with severely limited resources are desperate job seekers. Ruthless employers count on taking advantage of them. Evangelicals force them to have unwanted children, which makes poverty greater. Lots of people with little means = ripe conditions for pandemic and spread of disease.

Government must grow to meet the needs of the people. It is only logical that as time passes, and new technology appears which must be regulated, and population expands, that government must continue getting larger and larger to accommodate the needs of the nation. This is only logical.

If we don't have a large government and effective regulation, it leads to extreme wealth inequality, which we do not want.

We don't want extreme wealth inequality because that leads to oligarchy, which causes great dissent and leads to revolution and the break-up or end of the nation. When nations go through revolution or break up, the resources of the land are attractive to other nations, which would come in and help themselves, thus destroying all possibility of a better nation emerging from the melt-down.

We must protect our nation by protecting the citizens. We must help Americans achieve the American dream. We must provide healthcare to all as one large group. We must make living in the USA a great experience. We need to help provide as much opportunity as possible for as many people as possible to advance and enjoy a good life. We have more things to regulate than ever, and as time goes by there will naturally be more yet.

The best thing we can do is to work towards eliminating corruption. Big government is not the problem, big money corruption of government is the problem.
    Hiyas Politalker!

Can't say your argument ever really had me, I am sure you know I will disagree with almost every position of that write-up, but you absolutely lost me when you said Big government is not the problem as I absolutely believe that it is. But fortunately for your argument, we do have the big government, and I am sure things will work out fine! Got to admit, it's pretty damn good right now!

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Practical View Post
    Neither.
    TY
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Billy's off his feed......he forgot to tell the new guy to not fuck up.......
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I personally have a business plan prepped and ready to go when the Libertarians take over. The plan does make some assumptions, but I think they're fair. I assume that government will get out of the way with respect to legislating environmental protections, gun laws, labor laws, and drug laws. That's all I'll need. I'm going Walter White and starting a (completely legal) meth business somewhere in the backwoods of West Virginia, where there will be a steady supply of customers. I'll build my factory without regard to dumping dangerous chemicals, because hey, the government shouldn't get in my way when it comes to that. Production and distribution will be handled mainly by child labor. I'll make sure I arm my dealers with the latest and greatest weaponry for their protection. If I can find a good cook, I figure to keep my production costs very low. Distribution will be a bit more expensive, but I doubt I'll have much competition. It will be nice to have the government out of my hair as I stretch my entrepreneurial wings. What a country!!!
    If Biden is elected, the NONE of the bolded assumptions will be correct. Just the opposite.

So who will you be voting for this November?

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Greetings folks! Libertarian from Iowa, so I have no camp whatsoever anymore but thought I would pitch the tent near you folks =) Hope I can add some meaningful comments!
    where are you on the "bikes for bigfoot" program?

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Can't say I am familiar with that brother =)

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Oh boy! Iowa! Welcome!

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^You're a long way from this being that you're here. Just know that. I know a little bit about there and the history and the demographics.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am trying to get more clicks for my videos certainly and I am on several forums, but I will say that this is hands down the angriest I have been on yet...lol. This is rabid. If it works for you folks, fantastic, even angry discourse is better then no discourse and I will abide by the rules of said forum. I will never attack an arguer, just the argument. If I disagree, I am not disagreeing with you as a person, just want you are saying. And conspiracy theorist is sort of a misnomer these days and pretty much applies to anything someone says that a person might disagree with. It's almost Newspeak in it's usage.

Feels warm and friendly here, very inviting, can't wait to see what I am called =)

Cheers folks!
    ppl are generally nicer in this forum than the others........ F Y I
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ppl are generally nicer in this forum than the others........ F Y I
    Well, your forum was similar to here but yurt got me banned from most of the other ones.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Well, your forum was similar to here but yurt got me banned from most of the other ones.
    ?? You mean DCJ?? I was referring to this [Introductions, User Announcements, Suggestions and General Board Discussion] not the board as a whole..

There are similarities, & some of the same ppl......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

did you get hit by that big storm?.......brother in law near Cedar Falls says it leveled a field of corn just a half mile south of him..........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”