Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Here's why the soft civil war will go hot...

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Well, we did get stuck having to reintegrate their dumbasses into America.
    Bigotry. Again, you insult whole populations, jerk. Again, you deny the Constitution of the United States and the Reconstruction. Go fuck yourself.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    One of America's greatest generals of all-time. I think they should rename Ft Benning as Ft Sherman.
    So you favor burning and pillaging private homes. Fuck you, jerk.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    No worries. Lots of people like conspiracy theories. They can be entertaining. My advice to everyone worried about a fascist government, a civil war or any destabilization of the US government is to buy a gun and learn how to use it.

#24 should be #1
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

How can the CSA have wanted war if it was the War of Northern Aggression? Lincoln invaded Virginia. The vast majority of Civil War battles were with the Union invaders in Southern states. Lincoln himself wrote that he was fighting the war, not to end slavery, but to force the secessionist states back into the Union.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er%2C_Year.png
    Calling the Civil War by that term does not demonstrate loyalty to the United States of America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

LOL Thanks for the admission.

Secession isn't an act of war. Invading a state that seceded is an act of war.
    Attacking Fort Sumter was an act of war.

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello WitoldPilecki,

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Months ago I had some users tell me there was no chance of a Civil War, I wonder what they think now?
    The problem is we are so mixed. People of all views live in all States. There is no clear demarcation at which to draw the lines of battle.

Some kooks may decide to start shooting somewhere, and then law enforcement will move in to restore order. Anyone who thinks we are 'at a tipping point' and that 'all it takes is for the first bullets to fly' is sadly mistaken. Whomever starts shooting draws the attention of law enforcement, is dealt with, and the rest of the peaceful nation watches it on the news and/or talks about it on political chat boards.

Most Americans actually like their country and don't want to break it up. If they have complaints, they try to enact change through civil means.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Practical,

Quote Originally Posted by Practical View Post
    Well I hope that those who watched the video enjoyed it!
    We are a chat board that can share videos, not a video sharing board that talks about videos.

If you have something to say, say it.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    On the brink of the Civil War, the question for officers like Lee was whether they would serve the Union or resign their commissions to serve their States.

This is different. For an armed insurrection to last more than a day or two, the military – in particular the officer corps – would have to remain neutral between a duly elected President and a rabble of Trumpsters, thereby violating their oath to defend the Constitution.

Does anyone think they would do that? And for what? TRUMP?
    Not a chance.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Agreed on both the Civil War issue and that US officers are bound by the Constitution. Under that oath they are required to follow legal orders. They are required, under penalty of law, to disobey an unlawful order. At least after the Nuremberg Trials. So the question becomes, "Is it legal for the President to order Federal troops to attack a US city? To murder US citizens?"
    A slippery slope. The seceded States declared themselves Not part of the USA.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-06-2020)

11. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,645 Times in 51,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

#24 should be #1
    All are equally applicable. Attachment 16450

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Calling the Civil War by that term does not demonstrate loyalty to the United States of America.
    Sorry but I strongly disagree. It's the most accurate name for what happened.

13. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Attacking Fort Sumter was an act of war.
    Maybe. As Chaz pointed out, South Carolina was a different country and the Fort was on their territory. The Feds were given plenty of notice to leave.

Note that not all states seceded at once. Some didn't secede until after the fall of Fort Sumter, some after Lincoln invaded Virginia. Note that Virginia never attacked Fort Sumter, yet Lincoln attacked them anyway solely because they seceded. Invading a country is an act of war.

https://www.ushistory.org/us/32e.asp

https://www.ushistory.org/us/33.asp

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Into the Night (08-06-2020), PoliTalker (08-06-2020)

15. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

A slippery slope. The seceded States declared themselves Not part of the USA.
    Not sure what is slippery. Correct; that's what secession means.

16. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Maybe. As Chaz pointed out, South Carolina was a different country and the Fort was on their territory. The Feds were given plenty of notice to leave.

Note that not all states seceded at once. Some didn't secede until after the fall of Fort Sumter, some after Lincoln invaded Virginia. Note that Virginia never attacked Fort Sumter, yet Lincoln attacked them anyway solely because they seceded. Invading a country is an act of war.

https://www.ushistory.org/us/32e.asp

https://www.ushistory.org/us/33.asp
    Your own link: "began at Ft Sumter."

That was not "Northern aggression."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-06-2020)

18. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Your own link: "began at Ft Sumter."

That was not "Northern aggression."
    The Northern Aggression was invading the innocent state of Virginia.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Into the Night (08-06-2020)