Thread: Biden sole criteris for VP -black woman

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Here’s where I would differ with you. (Unless there’s some information out there refuting this that I’m unaware of) Biden wasn’t forced to say he was going to pick a woman, he choose too. He could have selected a woman without making that proclamation up front. Now he was clearly pandering by saying he was only going to pick a woman but this is politics and pandering is what politicians do and voters have the final say about what level of pandering they’ll accept.
    Good Points

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    LOL

Have you SEEN the comments from conservatives on this board?

You have no credibility w/ that comment. There have been a few dozen comments tonight alone totally denigrating her for strictly being female. Some really vile stuff, too.

Nice blinders.
    I dont talk for other posters - I talk as intelligently informed and on point as possible.
    You can answer/reply to my points or waste out time with board argumentum

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here’s where I would differ with you. (Unless there’s some information out there refuting this that I’m unaware of) Biden wasn’t forced to say he was going to pick a woman, he choose too. He could have selected a woman without making that proclamation up front. Now he was clearly pandering by saying he was only going to pick a woman but this is politics and pandering is what politicians do and voters have the final say about what level of pandering they’ll accept.
    wake up from your moderate tendencies and look.
    !00 Black Men sent a letter just today saying Biden Had to choose a black woman or lose black votes.

How is this a choice?

You do get the rigid adherence to racial and sexual quotas - either comply of be cancelled/protested

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I dont talk for other posters - I talk as intelligently informed and on point as possible.
    You can answer/reply to my points or waste out time with board argumentum
    I was commenting about the conservative reaction on this board. So, you shouldn't have responded if you didn't want to talk about other posters.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Black male leaders say Biden will lose election if he doesn't choose Black woman as VP
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vp/3335831001/

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I was commenting about the conservative reaction on this board.
    So, you shouldn't have responded if you didn't want to talk about other posters.
    you deflected a reply from my post to one about other poster.
    I called you out on posting argumentum to me -not a reply

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Like trump's pick of Pope Pence the Pius?? TO balance out the great person he is
    The poster categorized Biden as "weakness" How do you 'balance' out weakness?

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

you deflected a reply from my post to one about other poster.
    I called you out on posting argumentum to me -not a reply
    That's tapdancing.

I replied to you, and then added that the conservative reaction here - which has been largely misoginistic - didn't surprise me.

You chose to address that. Your choice. And man, were you wrong - because the conservative reaction here has been exactly that.

9. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

!00 Black Men sent a letter just today saying Biden Had to choose a black woman or lose black votes.

How is this a choice?

You do get the rigid adherence to racial and sexual quotas - either comply of be cancelled/protested
    You are assuming he made his choice based on those 100 black men's opinions TODAY?? Not the months he has been going over & over it?? lol

That would be nuts, & prob the reason you are attempting to paint that picture...

I would think on the larger scale aka the entire country, what 100 men think or 1,000 men think is merely one small part of a much, much larger picture........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are assuming he made his choice based on those 100 black men's opinions TODAY?? Not the months he has been going over & over it?? lol

That would be nuts, & prob the reason you are attempting to paint that picture...

I would think on the larger scale aka the entire country, what 100 men think or 1,000 men think is merely one small part of a much, much larger picture........
    no I didn't claim the letter was the sole factor. But it surely was illustrative of Dem ID politics
    If you have been paying attention to Biden himself he has talked himself >squeeze boxed< himself into Harris
    The Hand of Fate

11. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

How is this a choice?

I don’t see it as having anything to do with being moderate, conservative or liberal. This is all a big game being played to get the most votes.

Biden had a choice. He could easily say “what are going to do if I don’t pick a black woman, vote for Trump”? 100 people making a request isn’t going to determine his selection. He had to weigh the risk of how other potential voters would react as well to him picking Harris.

If she’s a bad pick that’s good news for Trump right?

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don’t see it as having anything to do with being moderate, conservative or liberal. This is all a big game being played to get the most votes.
    we were talking black woman demographic - not ideology

Biden had a choice. He could easily say “what are going to do if I don’t pick a black woman, vote for Trump”? 100 people making a request isn’t going to determine his selection. He had to weigh the risk of how other potential voters would react as well to him picking Harris.
    the point is the dem party has rigid requirements for demographics.
    It wasn't just "100 men" it was what they represent - Dem Thought. Media hype.

Put it this way: if someone other then a black woman was picked -can you imagine the shrieking?
    It was baked in

14. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no I didn't claim the letter was the sole factor. But it surely was illustrative of Dem ID politics
    If you have been paying attention to Biden himself he has talked himself >squeeze boxed< himself into Harris
    The Hand of Fate
    No you did not say it was the sole reason, you said 100 black men said, how is that choice......

That is just the opinion of 100 men, just as I said..

Long before they said anything he had already said what he would do..... No one forced him to do it, @ least that I know of?? You have your secret sources you wanna say who did??

Ya'll are on a rampage, I'm here to help........

15. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No you did not say it was the sole reason, you said 100 black men said, how is that choice......

That is just the opinion of 100 men, just as I said..

Long before they said anything he had already said what he would do..... No one forced him to do it, @ least that I know of?? You have your secret sources you wanna say who did??

Ya'll are on a rampage, I'm here to help........
    It would have behooved you to clik on the link I gave

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vp/3335831001/
    More than 100 Black male leaders, including activists, preachers, rappers and celebrities, in an open letter Monday called on Joe Biden to pick a Black woman as his running mate, saying that if he does not, he will lose the election.

the letter was created in solidarity with an April letter signed by more than 700 black women leaders – including pastors, doctors, lawyers and celebrities
    calling on Biden to "recognize and seize this moment" by picking a black woman as his running mate.