Thread: Biden Has A Lot Of Work To Do Undoing The Damage

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome jjay,

First of all I would like to make you aware of my Personal Ignore Policy, as I do for all newcomers here:

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Hopefully that is agreeable and we can have lots of great discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by jjay View Post
    Biden needs to get rid of every head of departments trumputin appointed and put proper people in that know what they are doing...
    The new appointees job will be to identify what trumputin did to destroy that dept. and what can be done to replace it....They should
    have 3 months to make assessments and craft resolutions...Biden should appoint a board to review all remedies from these
    departments of government....It could be helpful to enlist the heads that trumputin fired to make suggestions or run the depts. again...

All this should free Biden up to deal with covid19 and the economy....Science should be a guide to dealing with the virus that needs
    to be no.1....

There should be no lack of professionals in dealing with the economy..many of those would have crafted the fixes during
    the Obama/Biden admin. since they have first hand experience on what to do to fix the massive republican economic
    disaster that Bush dumped on Obama and the country in 2008..

Lastly Biden needs to deal with a country divided by trumputin and the republicans...that will be difficult at best..red necks are typically dumb dumb people...
    maybe we could sell them to mexico for slave labor...
    Agreed on everything (Great suggestions!) except the last part. The term 'Redneck' actually came from labor leaders protesting against draconian measures taken against miners. It ended up being a shooting war in which the miners adopted the practice of wearing red handkerchiefs around their necks to avoid shooting one another. Of course, the term today has a completely different meaning.

Rural people simply live a different life and they are naturally suspicious of city dwellers. Like many somewhat segregated groups, they have their own way of doing things, and their own form of misinformation and false beliefs. Their education may be in different areas than traditionally accept degrees and such, but they are not all dumb. Sure, there are some dumb rural people, but that is not much different than any group in which there are smart people and dumb ones.

Lastly, like it or not, they are Americans. We Americans are far too divided and hateful. We must begin to find ways to end the hatred and infighting. We have to pull our nation together. All of this division is not helping. We have to learn to live together. COVID-19 is our big wake-up call. Biden's challenge is to figure out how to reunite America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    He'll have two years at most and that depends on the Composition of Congress. My bet is the mid-terms find the Democrats tossed out of office wholesale for screwing everything in sight up.

My expectations with a Biden - Democrat administration are:

Taxes will rise
    As they must. There is insufficient revenue to fund the budget, and it is impossible to cut enough spending without tanking the economy. It was irrseponsible of Republicans to cut taxes so low that it doesn't even fund the government. Republicans own trillions added to government debt in just the last two years.

The economy will tank and stay tanked.
    That remains to be seen. We cannot predict the future. I would expect it to improve as we (actually) come out of the pandemic. (Has not happened yet - we are still in it.)

Corporations will once again start fleeing the US because of increasing regulatory costs more than anything else
    We can make laws to deal with that.

Unemployment rise and the employment rate will plummet.
    Actually, that situation should get better when conditions improve.

Any response to COVID 19 will be a cluster f***
    It already is. It would be hard to do worse. I suspect any new approach from Biden would be vastly better, but hampered by those selfish ones who refuse to help their neighbors or other Americans.

Spending will spiral out of control
    Some spending is good and some is bad. Everybody has a different idea of which is which.

The Democrats in Congress will try their hardest to massively increase the social-welfare state and get pummeled by the public for it. As with Obamacare, Democrat members in less than the bluest districts will hide from their constituents. And, in the bluest ones, they'll take them for granted.
    The more they do the more the general public will hate them for it.
    The public is becoming increasingly dependent on the government because capitalism is creating wealth extremes. Republicans have ensured great numbers of poor people by restricting abortion access only to the rich, thus forcing poor people to have even larger families, which makes poverty worse. It also produces a lot more voters who are sympathetic to the plight of the under advantaged. These are likely Democratic voters. The demographics do not favor Republicans, going forward.

The MSM will run cover, but they won't be able to conceal things from a public personally hurt by their policies.
    The commercial media will do what it needs to bring various versions of sensationalist reporting in order to generate ratings and get advertising dollars.

Two years and done.
    Time will tell. If Biden is smart, he could end up being quite popular.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Should our President next year be Joe Biden, he has a lot of work to do cleaning up the mess left by DT.

IF this election on November 3rd goes the way most Americans hope it does, the new president and vice president will be extremely busy just trying to put things back to order.

I bet Biden and others are creating lists of things he could do to right the wrongs from 4 years of tyranny.

Reinstating people such as Col Vindman and many others, undoing all the screwy EO's, reinstating diplomacy, correcting the environmental issues and on and on.

And properly dealing with the coronavirus!

It could quickly grow to a mammoth list of tasks. It could be more than could even be done in 4 years, much less do all the normal duties of president.

It is so much easier to destroy things than it is to build.

We should do everything possible to make sure that a mistake like Trump never happens again. What a painful lesson!
    YAWN !!!!

4. The Following User Groans At Loving91390 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (08-03-2020)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We could make a law that tells a corporation if they want to do business in the US and sell to US citizens, that they have to pay US taxes.

We don't care where they claim their headquarters are located.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (08-03-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

We could make a law that tells a corporation if they want to do business in the US and sell to US citizens, that they have to pay US taxes.

We don't care where they claim their headquarters are located.
    its a start. but having jobs kept here is still better.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    first he has to undo the damage of the first half of his election campaign......
    You say the craziest things.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And, you'd be wrong. Marriage is a legal contract. It doesn't preclude two persons entering into other arrangements. So, it really is nothing but a legal fig leaf for sex. Don't get me started on the absurd argument for abortion--and it's not the Right's one but a legal understanding of contracts one. As for the amorphous gender thing, crazy should never be coddled or encouraged. I see little "forc(ing) religion into schools."

On the other hand, the Progressive Left has championed single parenthood, the leading cause of poverty among women, abortion as a means of racial discrimination, any and all sorts of sexual deviancy leading to increased STD transmission and mental health problems, and has put into schools such absolute nonsense as Common Core and Critical Pedagogy. They've already done far more damage to society than the supposed dangers you list that haven't been pushed on the public to any great extent unlike the Progressive Leftist items I listed already have been.
    Championed? Bad choice. They have accepted the reality of single heads of families. Exactly hos would you make that grow and why would you? It is our American society now and your judging them is wrong.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    its a start. but having jobs kept here is still better.
    The ownership society has already moved its industrial plants to China and 3rd world nations. It is like Trump and Ivanka making their overpriced trinkets in China. They care about money. The country does not factor in their greed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-03-2020)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The ownership society has already moved its industrial plants to China and 3rd world nations. It is like Trump and Ivanka making their overpriced trinkets in China. They care about money. The country does not factor in their greed.
    policy matters. tariffs are good. manufacturing returning is in the cards.

stop being a idiotic globalist brainwash victim traitor to humanity, please.

ok.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

It seems logical to me to have a law that favors domestic production over imports. Let the law look at the percentage of the product which is manufactured outside the USA. The more of it not made in the USA, the more it is taxed. That would encourage shoppers to buy American. We don't want to cut off trade by overdoing things, but we do need to stem the flow of US dollars out of the country. A balance must be struck. Somewhere there has to be a happy medium between imports and domestic production.

We should also tax products which exploit workers and the environment more heavily.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (08-03-2020)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

It seems logical to me to have a law that favors domestic production over imports. Let the law look at the percentage of the product which is manufactured outside the USA. The more of it not made in the USA, the more it is taxed. That would encourage shoppers to buy American. We don't want to cut off trade by overdoing things, but we do need to stem the flow of US dollars out of the country. A balance must be struck. Somewhere there has to be a happy medium between imports and domestic production.

We should also tax products which exploit workers and the environment more heavily.
    now you're cooking! globalism = death cult.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You say the craziest things.
    you pick the craziest candidates......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

look nordberg, your stupid nwo bullshit is failing.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Championed? Bad choice. They have accepted the reality of single heads of families. Exactly hos would you make that grow and why would you? It is our American society now and your judging them is wrong.
    Championed, starting with the show Murphy Brown. Or, how feminists say:

The Progressive Left champions and celebrates single parenthood. The Left thinks daycare, particularly "free" government run daycare is a great alternative to a stable home life and two-parent family.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

well they did it here by giving house holds more money if there was no husband around.

they do it to weaken families, men, women and children.

it's a cynical destruction of people to shore up the supremacy of global ruling famlies who don't give a shit about others.