Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Has A Lot Of Work To Do Undoing The Damage

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 31 Posts

Biden needs to get rid of every head of departments trumputin appointed and put proper people in that know what they are doing...
    The new appointees job will be to identify what trumputin did to destroy that dept. and what can be done to replace it....They should
    have 3 months to make assessments and craft resolutions...Biden should appoint a board to review all remedies from these
    departments of government....It could be helpful to enlist the heads that trumputin fired to make suggestions or run the depts. again...

All this should free Biden up to deal with covid19 and the economy....Science should be a guide to dealing with the virus that needs
    to be no.1....

There should be no lack of professionals in dealing with the economy..many of those would have crafted the fixes during
    the Obama/Biden admin. since they have first hand experience on what to do to fix the massive republican economic
    disaster that Bush dumped on Obama and the country in 2008..

Lastly Biden needs to deal with a country divided by trumputin and the republicans...that will be difficult at best..red necks are typically dumb dumb people...
    maybe we could sell them to mexico for slave labor...

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    True. I'm voting against the tyranny of big government. I don't want the government deciding the minutia of my life. I don't want the government involved in my everyday decisions. With the Left that becomes a reality.

If you value your freedom, you'd never vote for a Progressive Leftist.
    Republicans stick their noses into the minutia of lives more than Democrats, they wish to tell you who to marry, what women should do with their bodies, what gender you should identify with, and force religion into schools. I’d say that’s a lot more than progressives have done.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-01-2020), PoliTalker (08-03-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,930 Times in 13,197 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Republicans stick their noses into the minutia of lives more than Democrats, they wish to tell you who to marry, what women should do with their bodies, what gender you should identify with, and force religion into schools. I’d say that’s a lot more than progressives have done.
    And, you'd be wrong. Marriage is a legal contract. It doesn't preclude two persons entering into other arrangements. So, it really is nothing but a legal fig leaf for sex. Don't get me started on the absurd argument for abortion--and it's not the Right's one but a legal understanding of contracts one. As for the amorphous gender thing, crazy should never be coddled or encouraged. I see little "forc(ing) religion into schools."

On the other hand, the Progressive Left has championed single parenthood, the leading cause of poverty among women, abortion as a means of racial discrimination, any and all sorts of sexual deviancy leading to increased STD transmission and mental health problems, and has put into schools such absolute nonsense as Common Core and Critical Pedagogy. They've already done far more damage to society than the supposed dangers you list that haven't been pushed on the public to any great extent unlike the Progressive Leftist items I listed already have been.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

And, you'd be wrong. Marriage is a legal contract. It doesn't preclude two persons entering into other arrangements. So, it really is nothing but a legal fig leaf for sex. Don't get me started on the absurd argument for abortion--and it's not the Right's one but a legal understanding of contracts one. As for the amorphous gender thing, crazy should never be coddled or encouraged. I see little "forc(ing) religion into schools."

On the other hand, the Progressive Left has championed single parenthood, the leading cause of poverty among women, abortion as a means of racial discrimination, any and all sorts of sexual deviancy leading to increased STD transmission and mental health problems, and has put into schools such absolute nonsense as Common Core and Critical Pedagogy. They've already done far more damage to society than the supposed dangers you list that haven't been pushed on the public to any great extent unlike the Progressive Leftist items I listed already have been.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-01-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay, judging by the rest of your answer, I’m glad I didn’t get you started.

You must be a proponent of chastity belts.

I don’t champion single parenthood, I just know it happens and support the single mothers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-01-2020)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay, judging by the rest of your answer, I’m glad I didn’t get you started.

You must be a proponent of chastity belts.
    Not at all. I have nothing against what two (or more) people do for consensual sex in private. It's when you start forcing it on the public-at-large that I start having problems.

I don’t champion single parenthood, I just know it happens and support the single mothers.
    I know it happens and is increasingly common. That's a problem in my view. Single parenthood should not be celebrated or encouraged. I would prefer kids grow up in stable two-parent households. There is overwhelming evidence that kids do massively better in that situation than with a single parent.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not at all. I have nothing against what two (or more) people do for consensual sex in private. It's when you start forcing it on the public-at-large that I start having problems.
    What do you mean forcing it on the public-at-large?

I know it happens and is increasingly common. That's a problem in my view. Single parenthood should not be celebrated or encouraged. I would prefer kids grow up in stable two-parent households. There is overwhelming evidence that kids do massively better in that situation than with a single parent.
    Who's celebrating and encouraging it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-01-2020)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    What do you mean forcing it on the public-at-large?

Who's celebrating and encouraging it?
    One example is "Pride Parades." A sex parade celebrating your fetish or whatever is never necessary. Flaunting it is wrong.

Keep it between consenting adults. Do whatever. I don't want to see what weirdness you like in the bedroom, so-to-speak.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Two consecutive Republican presidents, two consecutive economic meltdowns. Not a coincidence anymore.
    Exactly. Dems leave them in their wake with amazing consistancy.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One example is "Pride Parades." A sex parade celebrating your fetish or whatever is never necessary. Flaunting it is wrong.

Keep it between consenting adults. Do whatever. I don't want to see what weirdness you like in the bedroom, so-to-speak.
    It’s freedom of speech, you don’t have to attend parades or find pictures of it. You are allowed to ignore it.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It’s freedom of speech, you don’t have to attend parades or find pictures of it. You are allowed to ignore it.
    Nice way to change the subject.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess you don't like Mardi Gras either?

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nice way to change the subject.
    I’m responding to your post. It isn’t changing the subject, their expressions are freedom of speech, this isn’t forced on you, you aren’t made to attend the parade or look at pictures of the parade. You can choose to ignore it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-01-2020), PoliTalker (08-03-2020)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I guess you don't like Mardi Gras either?

Been there several times and no, I don't like Mardi Gras either. I find most of the French Quarter nothing but uninteresting dive bars. But I do like you can walk around with your plastic cup of beer, or whatever, watching the idiocy going on. And yes, I do have some beads somewhere as a memento. I've also watched (often in disgust) a SF Pride Parade. Those should be rated XXX and beyond.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-01-2020)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Back off on the trade wars. Make some kind of peace with China without escalating things. We cannot stop their growth nor control them.

there is it. acquiese to China;s "Made in 2025" and more. Beijing Biden approves