Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Everything awful we suspected about Donald Trump has come true

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,974
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 3,335 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,094 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Everything awful we suspected about Donald Trump has come true

    There were 65,853,514 of us who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and it didn’t take long to prove how right we were. Donald Trump waited less than 24 hours after he was inaugurated as the 45th president of the United States before he dispatched his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to the White House briefing room — attired in a tent-like garment reminiscent of David Byrne’s “Big Suit” in the Talking Heads documentary, “Stop Making Sense” — to lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. Trump’s inaugural ceremony and parade had “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” Spicer told the White House press corps, which was already showing photographs of the sparse crowd on the National Mall and Trump waving to entire blocks of unoccupied bleachers along the inaugural parade route. Spicer’s lie about Trump’s crowd size was so blatant, it was shocking.

    And the shocks kept coming.

    By the time Trump got around on Thursday to his proposal to postpone the November election, the only proper reaction was to say, We told you so. We saw this coming.

    It’s too late for people like Steven G. Calabresi, co-founder of the arch-conservative Federalist Society, who wrote an op-ed in the New York Times on Thursday calling Trump’s proposal “fascistic and … grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.”

    That ship sailed in February, pal. Trump was a fascist last year when he openly solicited help from a foreign nation, Ukraine, in his campaign for re-election. He was a fascist when the House voted to impeach him in December. He was a fascist when the Senate voted against removing him from office at his impeachment trial in February. He was a fascist on June 1 when he ordered armed troops and other federal agents to use force to remove peaceful protesters from around Lafayette Park so he could march across Pennsylvania Avenue for his infamous Bible-waving photo-op in front of St. John’s Church.

    Trump was a fascist when he ordered his attorney general, William Barr, to drop the charges against his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, for lying about his collusion with the Russian ambassador to lift sanctions against Russia. Hell, Trump was a fascist back in 2017 when he fired FBI Director James Comey for refusing to “go easy” in his investigation of Flynn and the rest of Trump’s campaign for colluding with Russians in the 2016 election. He was a fascist when he commuted the sentence of his longtime pal and political fixer Roger Stone, who had been convicted of obstruction of justice and lying to the Congress.

    Trump was a fascist way back in 1989 when he advocated bringing back the death penalty in New York after the young men known as the “Central Park Five” were wrongfully convicted of gang-raping a jogger. He was still a fascist last year when he refused to apologize for his harsh comments about the innocent men. “You have people on both sides of that,” Trump told reporters at the White House in June of 2019, again deploying “both sides” in refusing to back down from yet another fascistic position he had taken. He was a fascist every time he called journalists “the enemy of the people” at his rallies

    Continued
    https://www.salon.com/2020/08/01/eve...has-come-true/

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    guno (08-01-2020), jjay (08-01-2020), signalmankenneth (08-02-2020), Tranquillus in Exile (08-02-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,793
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 734 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 49 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    There were 65,853,514 of us who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and it didn’t take long to prove how right we were. Donald Trump waited less than 24 hours after he was inaugurated as the 45th president of the United States before he dispatched his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to the White House briefing room — attired in a tent-like garment reminiscent of David Byrne’s “Big Suit” in the Talking Heads documentary, “Stop Making Sense” — to lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. Trump’s inaugural ceremony and parade had “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” Spicer told the White House press corps, which was already showing photographs of the sparse crowd on the National Mall and Trump waving to entire blocks of unoccupied bleachers along the inaugural parade route. Spicer’s lie about Trump’s crowd size was so blatant, it was shocking.

    And the shocks kept coming.

    By the time Trump got around on Thursday to his proposal to postpone the November election, the only proper reaction was to say, We told you so. We saw this coming.

    It’s too late for people like Steven G. Calabresi, co-founder of the arch-conservative Federalist Society, who wrote an op-ed in the New York Times on Thursday calling Trump’s proposal “fascistic and … grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.”

    That ship sailed in February, pal. Trump was a fascist last year when he openly solicited help from a foreign nation, Ukraine, in his campaign for re-election. He was a fascist when the House voted to impeach him in December. He was a fascist when the Senate voted against removing him from office at his impeachment trial in February. He was a fascist on June 1 when he ordered armed troops and other federal agents to use force to remove peaceful protesters from around Lafayette Park so he could march across Pennsylvania Avenue for his infamous Bible-waving photo-op in front of St. John’s Church.

    Trump was a fascist when he ordered his attorney general, William Barr, to drop the charges against his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, for lying about his collusion with the Russian ambassador to lift sanctions against Russia. Hell, Trump was a fascist back in 2017 when he fired FBI Director James Comey for refusing to “go easy” in his investigation of Flynn and the rest of Trump’s campaign for colluding with Russians in the 2016 election. He was a fascist when he commuted the sentence of his longtime pal and political fixer Roger Stone, who had been convicted of obstruction of justice and lying to the Congress.

    Trump was a fascist way back in 1989 when he advocated bringing back the death penalty in New York after the young men known as the “Central Park Five” were wrongfully convicted of gang-raping a jogger. He was still a fascist last year when he refused to apologize for his harsh comments about the innocent men. “You have people on both sides of that,” Trump told reporters at the White House in June of 2019, again deploying “both sides” in refusing to back down from yet another fascistic position he had taken. He was a fascist every time he called journalists “the enemy of the people” at his rallies

    Continued
    https://www.salon.com/2020/08/01/eve...has-come-true/

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    26,655
    Thanks
    10,820
    Thanked 7,408 Times in 5,744 Posts
    Groans
    372
    Groaned 1,693 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yes. I thought it would be 4 years of hilarity ... not four years of complete terror.
    (how much longer before November gets here?)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    AProudLefty (08-01-2020)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    51,202
    Thanks
    67,326
    Thanked 30,291 Times in 19,810 Posts
    Groans
    2,167
    Groaned 3,611 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes. I thought it would be 4 years of hilarity ... not four years of complete terror.
    (how much longer before November gets here?)
    It was hilarity the first couple of months, but then you began to realize all your fears had come to realization; then a year later, you realized it was worse than you imagined.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    AProudLefty (08-01-2020)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9,991
    Thanks
    15,607
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,677 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 1,587 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes. I thought it would be 4 years of hilarity ... not four years of complete terror.
    (how much longer before November gets here?)
    We've got to wait until Jan 20,2021 before we get rid of Trump, which is about 6 months.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9,991
    Thanks
    15,607
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,677 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 1,587 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    There were 65,853,514 of us who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and it didn’t take long to prove how right we were. Donald Trump waited less than 24 hours after he was inaugurated as the 45th president of the United States before he dispatched his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to the White House briefing room — attired in a tent-like garment reminiscent of David Byrne’s “Big Suit” in the Talking Heads documentary, “Stop Making Sense” — to lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. Trump’s inaugural ceremony and parade had “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” Spicer told the White House press corps, which was already showing photographs of the sparse crowd on the National Mall and Trump waving to entire blocks of unoccupied bleachers along the inaugural parade route. Spicer’s lie about Trump’s crowd size was so blatant, it was shocking.

    And the shocks kept coming.

    By the time Trump got around on Thursday to his proposal to postpone the November election, the only proper reaction was to say, We told you so. We saw this coming.

    It’s too late for people like Steven G. Calabresi, co-founder of the arch-conservative Federalist Society, who wrote an op-ed in the New York Times on Thursday calling Trump’s proposal “fascistic and … grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.”

    That ship sailed in February, pal. Trump was a fascist last year when he openly solicited help from a foreign nation, Ukraine, in his campaign for re-election. He was a fascist when the House voted to impeach him in December. He was a fascist when the Senate voted against removing him from office at his impeachment trial in February. He was a fascist on June 1 when he ordered armed troops and other federal agents to use force to remove peaceful protesters from around Lafayette Park so he could march across Pennsylvania Avenue for his infamous Bible-waving photo-op in front of St. John’s Church.

    Trump was a fascist when he ordered his attorney general, William Barr, to drop the charges against his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, for lying about his collusion with the Russian ambassador to lift sanctions against Russia. Hell, Trump was a fascist back in 2017 when he fired FBI Director James Comey for refusing to “go easy” in his investigation of Flynn and the rest of Trump’s campaign for colluding with Russians in the 2016 election. He was a fascist when he commuted the sentence of his longtime pal and political fixer Roger Stone, who had been convicted of obstruction of justice and lying to the Congress.

    Trump was a fascist way back in 1989 when he advocated bringing back the death penalty in New York after the young men known as the “Central Park Five” were wrongfully convicted of gang-raping a jogger. He was still a fascist last year when he refused to apologize for his harsh comments about the innocent men. “You have people on both sides of that,” Trump told reporters at the White House in June of 2019, again deploying “both sides” in refusing to back down from yet another fascistic position he had taken. He was a fascist every time he called journalists “the enemy of the people” at his rallies

    Continued
    https://www.salon.com/2020/08/01/eve...has-come-true/
    Donald Trump=America's catastrophe.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    26,655
    Thanks
    10,820
    Thanked 7,408 Times in 5,744 Posts
    Groans
    372
    Groaned 1,693 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It was hilarity the first couple of months, but then you began to realize all your fears had come to realization; then a year later, you realized it was worse than you imagined.
    No shit.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Phantasmal (08-01-2020)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    26,655
    Thanks
    10,820
    Thanked 7,408 Times in 5,744 Posts
    Groans
    372
    Groaned 1,693 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    We've got to wait until Jan 20,2021 before we get rid of Trump, which is about 6 months.
    I'll be good with November when I can finally go to sleep knowing the Nightmare is over.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Trumpet (08-01-2020)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    51,202
    Thanks
    67,326
    Thanked 30,291 Times in 19,810 Posts
    Groans
    2,167
    Groaned 3,611 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    We've got to wait until Jan 20,2021 before we get rid of Trump, which is about 6 months.
    Arrrrrrrgggghhhh. Think of the pardons. I’m glad Mason is dead.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Trumpet (08-01-2020)

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    23,211
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 10,530 Times in 7,266 Posts
    Groans
    3,447
    Groaned 2,395 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Trump is so self centered that his actions appall extreme conservatives. Trump pays no attention to laws and regulations. He pays even less respect to presidential norms. The Cartman presidency is ending.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2020, 04:30 PM
  2. Trump embraced same word as suspected shooter
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-17-2019, 02:36 PM
  3. Trump SAYS 4000 suspected terrorist, US CUSTOMS SAYS 6!
    By Centerleftfl in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 11:44 AM
  4. Another awful day for Trump and Company.
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-20-2018, 07:31 AM
  5. Which Awful Roman Emperor Does Trump Most Resemble?
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-17-2018, 04:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •