Thread: The really horrible thing about Alzheimer's/Old Age

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Getting older is not great but the alternative is less so.
    I was a live hard and die young guy, I never expected to live to fifty....making it to almost 60 with the pain ramping up and the brain while still producing quality running slower is a kick in the head.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    My "pension" is tiny...but I get by, Pen.

Never in a million years would I ever have voted for Brexit. Dumbest thing the UK has done in a very, very long time.

Never in 10 billion years would I ever voted for Trump...that miserable, ignorant, stupid, classless boor we Americans presently have as president.
    We're at one on both of those. Make you wonder a bit about humanit though, don't they!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-03-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

The single greatest horror of Alzheimer's is how it robs you of who you are and were. As we grow older, we turn to cherishing the life we lived though the memories of those we cared for while living. Friends, loved ones, children, grandchildren.

Alzheimer's robs you of all that. It also robs you of your dignity.

That is why the people who are around Joe Biden are committing a horrendous crime.

It is likely that I have never once agreed with Joe Biden and his world view. That does not change the fact that as an American, he had every right to hold those views and fight for them. He was wrong, but he had a right to be proud of who he was.

It is My belief that right now, if Joe was not in such a decline, that he would demand that the progression of his disease not be put on a world stage. He would be horrified, if he could, at his mental decline.

Joe Biden, if in a moment of mental acuity were asked if he would want to be displayed this way in front of the world, would decline to run for Office.

That those around him are pushing him to do this is criminal in My view.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwind View Post
    The single greatest horror of Alzheimer's is how it robs you of who you are and were. As we grow older, we turn to cherishing the life we lived though the memories of those we cared for while living. Friends, loved ones, children, grandchildren.

That is why the people who are around Joe Biden are committing a horrendous crime.

It is likely that I have never once agreed with Joe Biden and his world view. That does not change the fact that as an American, he had every right to hold those views and fight for them. He was wrong, but he had a right to be proud of who he was.

It is My belief that right now, if Joe was not in such a decline, that he would demand that the progression of his disease not be put on a world stage. He would be horrified, if he could, at his mental decline.

Joe Biden, if in a moment of mental acuity were asked if he would want to be displayed this way in front of the world, would decline to run for Office.

If Joe Biden actually had dementia (I don't think he does at all)...but if he did and it had progressed to what physicians might consider extreme...

...my guess is he would still make a better president than that piece of shit now polluting the Oval Office.

My view!
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-03-2020), Guno צְבִי (08-03-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (08-07-2020), ThatOwlWoman (08-03-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If Joe Biden actually had dementia (I don't think he does at all)...but if he did and it had progressed to what physicians might consider extreme...

...my guess is he would still make a better president than that piece of shit now polluting the Oval Office.

My view!
    I see. So, what you are saying is that you have no political values, I'll refrain from comment on your ethical values until I know you better, other than you'll support anything as long as it isn't Trump.

Very shallow of you, indeed.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

back already dark stool
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    back already dark stool
    Already?

I just signed up for this forum, though your handle does sound familiar. Aren't you a reject from Hannity?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I see. So, what you are saying is that you have no political values, I'll refrain from comment on your ethical values until I know you better, other than you'll support anything as long as it isn't Trump.
    Anyone who constantly has #TRE45ON's Toadstool in his mouth has no room to talk about "ethics" and "values." Just sayin'.

(Here's the part, Stevie, where you call me "dim" and an "old hag" even though I'm just a handful of years older than you. lol)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-07-2020), Eagle_Eye (08-03-2020)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    back already dark stool
    Pretty sure that's VanderMoron. And so is the other sock who started this thread.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Anyone who constantly has #TRE45ON's Toadstool in his mouth has no room to talk about "ethics" and "values." Just sayin'.

(Here's the part, Stevie, where you call me "dim" and an "old hag" even though I'm just a handful of years older than you. lol)
    Who are you talking to? Did you quote the wrong person?

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

I see. So, what you are saying is that you have no political values,
    That is NOT what I said at all. Deal with what I did say.

I'll refrain from comment on your ethical values until I know you better,
    You sound like an pompous asshole, so I do not care what you do...or do not do.

other than you'll support anything as long as it isn't Trump.
    Are you also going to tell me what I said about apple pie with vanilla ice cream?

Fuck you very much for that, Mr. Wind. It has been fun speaking with you.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is NOT what I said at all. Deal with what I did say.

You sound like an pompous asshole, so I do not care what you do...or do not do.

Are you also going to tell me what I said about apple pie with vanilla ice cream?

Fuck you very much for that, Mr. Wind. It has been fun speaking with you.
    I see. Have a nice day.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna turn 84 next week.

Yeah, there are some rough spots...but all-in-all, I'm still having an enjoyable life. Goddam coronavirus has been screwing with it a bit, but I figure I will get through this.
    Happy Birthday a week early.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-03-2020)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I'm gonna turn 84 next week.

Yeah, there are some rough spots...but all-in-all, I'm still having an enjoyable life. Goddam coronavirus has been screwing with it a bit, but I figure I will get through this.
    Why do you consider yourself being a dumbass as enjoyable?

Hopefully, you'll get it and it will put you out of your misery.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

My view!
    I don't see a great deal about Mr Biden, but what I do suggests a reasonably competent, more-or-less standard American politician. I don't wildly care for some of the positions he holds, particularly about 'Israel', but I think the world can live with him. Mr Trump, on the other hand, brings us back to the original subject. I don't think he was ever an admirable human being, and his later behaviour demonstrates all the worst things about ageing. Traditionally, as you got older you either got gaga (in which case the family kept you quietly at home) or you began to behave better to earn respect. Not all that long since, I began a poem with the words, 'I'm older than most hills - they call me "Sir", at least partly because I noticed that people had got inclined to call me that instead of 'Mate', 'Boyo' or the like (where one of my daughters lives they call me 'Duck', at which I never quack back). It's a sort of unspoken contract - you behave yourself reasonably and never push it, they pretend you're some sort of officer-substitute. Not least of Mr Trump's mistakes is to misunderstand these fairly obvious rules: he sounds to have been a ghastly yob when young, but that was because of his disgusting father, and he's got worse and worse - so bad that he seriously suggests dementia or some other sort of breakdown. If he were just the usual moneyed scumbag one could just grin and bear it, but the bugger heads the richest capitalist state! Couldn't the unemployed be given work producing samplers saying, 'Act your Age', to be hung up all over the White House. Normal public figures move from Angry Young Man, through Crazy Fanatic through Grand Old Man (or Woman) to (if they last) National Treasure. Somebody should tell him its never too late to repent and be saved!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-07-2020)