Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: KAMALA HARRIS CONFIRMED AS BIDEN'S RUNNING MATE FOR NOVEMBER ELECTION 2020

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Post a link, Walter.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/n...ive-trump.html
    Trump Will Not Apologize for Calling for Death Penalty Over Central Park Five
    “You have people on both sides of that,” the president said when asked about the wrongly convicted defendants.

‘You Have People on Both Sides’: Trump on Central Park Five
    President Trump refused on Tuesday to apologize for his harsh comments in 1989 about the Central Park Five, the men who as teenagers were wrongly convicted of a rape in New York City.

“Mr. President, will you apologize to the Central Park Five? They’ve been exonerated, there have been videos and movies shown about the case, and you came out with a full-page ad saying that they should die, that they should have the death penalty. Do you — ” “Why do you bring that question up now? It’s an interesting time to bring it up. You have people on both sides of that. They admitted their guilt. If you look at Linda Fairstein and if you look at some of the prosecutors, they think that the city should never have settled that case. So we’ll leave it at that.”

President Trump said on Tuesday that he would not apologize for his harsh comments in 1989 about the Central Park Five, the five black and Latino men who as teenagers were wrongly convicted of the brutal rape of a jogger in New York City.

Mr. Trump was asked about newspaper advertisements he bought back then calling for New York State to adopt the death penalty after the attack. (The ads never explicitly called for the death penalty for the five defendants.)

“You have people on both sides of that,” he said at the White House. “They admitted their guilt.”

“If you look at Linda Fairstein and if you look at some of the prosecutors, they think that the city never should have settled that case — so we’ll leave it at that,” he added, referring to the former prosecutor who was running the Manhattan district attorney’s sex crimes unit at the time.

Mr. Trump’s remarks about the Central Park Five were strikingly similar to comments he made in reaction to the deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017. A woman was killed after a driver slammed his vehicle into counterprotesters. At the time, the president said, “There was blame on both sides.”

In 1989, Mr. Trump placed full-page advertisements in four New York City newspapers, including The New York Times, calling for the state to adopt the death penalty for killers. He made clear that he was voicing this opinion because of the rape and assault of Trisha Meili, a woman who had been jogging in Central Park.

“I want to hate these murderers and I always will,” Mr. Trump wrote in the May 1989 ad. “I am not looking to psychoanalyze or understand them, I am looking to punish them.”

He wrote in all caps: “Bring back the death penalty and bring back our police!”

Mr. Trump placed full-page advertisements in four New York City newspapers in 1989 calling for the state to adopt the death penalty.

At the time, Mr. Trump was an up-and-coming real estate developer, but the advertisements attracted widespread attention.

The five teenagers were wrongfully convicted and sentenced to prison for gang-raping and nearly killing Ms. Meili.

They said the police had coerced them into confessing to a crime they did not commit. Their convictions were vacated in 2002, and the city paid $41 million in 2014 to settle their civil rights lawsuit.

Barry Scheck, a founder of the nonprofit Innocence Project who was part of a team of lawyers who worked with prosecutors to reinvestigate the Central Park Five case, called Mr. Trump’s response disturbing.

“It’s shocking and deeply troubling that after all of these years, he would not have recognized that by calling for the reinstitution of the death penalty, it contributed to an atmosphere that deprived these men of a fair trial,” Mr. Scheck said.

The Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., said in a statement on Tuesday that the men “were wrongfully convicted and what happened to them was an injustice.”

A Netflix mini-series, “When They See Us,” which premiered this month, renewed focus on the case and generated public outrage.

Much of that outrage targeted Ms. Fairstein, the former prosecutor. She has resigned from a number of prominent boards, including that of Vassar College, her alma mater.

The lead prosecutor on the 1989 case, Elizabeth Lederer, resigned this month as a lecturer at Columbia Law School.

The Netflix series is a dramatized account based on the experiences of the men — Korey Wise, Kevin Richardson, Raymond Santana, Antron McCray and Yusef Salaam — who spent years in prison before being cleared of the charges.

The district attorney’s office determined that the attack on Ms. Meili was an assault committed by a man named Matias Reyes, who surfaced in 2002 and confessed to the crime, an admission confirmed by DNA evidence.

He had been accused of raping, maiming and murdering on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Ms. Meili was the second woman he raped and beat in the park that week.

The five boys were elsewhere in the park at the time, an investigation by the district attorney’s office found in 2002.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    she was working as a lowly-paid clerk in a city office.
    Harris was never a "lowly-paid clerk in a city office". She did not work for city government, until she had been quite successful in state government. Between college and law school, she was a mailroom clerk, in Cranston's office, but no allegations of an affair there. Then Harris went to college, and after that she was a deputy district attorney.

working in high-powered positions for five-figure salaries (one was worth $400,000/p.a,)
    Harris has never earned $400k in salary in her life.

Harvey Milk (who was assassinated as a consequence of his insane, "progressive" Democrat politics)
    Milk was assassinated by an insane right wingnut, who tried to use the "Twinkie Defense". Your hero was so crazy he blamed Twinkies.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    They confessed and we’re convicted in 1989, Walter. He called for the death penalty then.

They were then found innocent of the crime after convicted murder Matias Reyes in 2002 confessed to raping Meili, which was confirmed by DNA evidence.
    Even after they were cleared, trump continued to call for the death penalty, because he said Blacks made him feel unsafe.

4. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-01-2020)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Harris is merely a born citizen by statute (statutory born citizen), not the more restrictive natural born Citizen as required by the Constitution (not that dems care about a little thing called the Constitution). Harris is Constitutionally ineligible to become president or vice president.
    Here is the definition of a natural born citizen.
    Under the 14th Amendment's Naturalization Clause and the Supreme Court case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 US. 649, anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. This type of citizenship is referred to as birthright citizenship.
    Harris was born in California. I know California is really a Mexican state but technically it is a US state. Satire folks don't get your panties in a wad.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,685 Times in 17,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Even after they were cleared, trump continued to call for the death penalty, because he said Blacks made him feel unsafe.
    They confessed and were convicted in 1989, Walter. He called for the death penalty then.

They were then found innocent of the crime after convicted murder Matias Reyes in 2002 confessed to raping Meili, which was confirmed by DNA evidence.

Since Blacks are 13% (only 7% are adult males) of the population and commit 51% of violent crime, perhaps you should be apprehensive Walter.
    Last edited by Earl; 08-01-2020 at 07:32 AM.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Post a link after 2002 proving he called for the death penalty., Walter.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,168 Times in 33,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    mcCain & cruz?? Did you bitch about them??
    No

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The evidence shows that Biden has more support, but Trump has more enthusiastic support. That gives Trump the advantage.
    Biden voters may not be enthused about Biden, but they are enthused about defeating Trump.

10. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-01-2020)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-01-2020)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Biden voters may of be enthused about Biden, but they are enthused about defeating Trump.
    Try English next time.

Senile, old, sleepy, creepy Fingers Biden’s own wife said that even if you don’t like him, vote for him anyway.

A ringing endorsement from someone who knows him best.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

The Alt Right finds her divisive, but were they ever going to vote for Biden anyway?

Let me put in this way, you say Obama was very divisive, but he was the only President in over 60 years to win two elections with over 51% of the popular vote. He was loved and respected by the majority of Americans. He had the ability to talk with people who disagree with him, which I have not seen many since him have that ability.

And you see trump as being a unifier, even as he has called on America to execute innocent Blacks just because.

Pure bullshit, Walt,

Obama was a neo-Marxist, he worked as a "community organizer" in Chicago in the mid-1980's; he even taught Saul Alinsky's (Marxist) "community organizing" tactics methods to classes of trainees in the city as well.

Obama was big on identity politics and gave a lot of support to the Black Lives Matter movement, which became a very divisive influence in many American cities.

The main reason he was popular was because the Democrat-controlled media treated him with kid gloves. This was partly because he was a Democrat POTUS, but the MAIN reson he got the extremely preferential treatment he did from the media was BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST [B]BLACK[/B POTUS. That meant everything that CNN. MSNBC, CBS, ABC, The NYT, The WaPo,etc has to say about President Obama had to kept sweet as pie ! The sun had to be shining out of Obama's ass !

As for his ability to talk to people, he is articulate in a formal, academic-type sense. He talks a lot and slots in a goodly number of pretentious $5.00 adjectives to dazzle oi polloi. But at the end of the day when your clear the verbiage from transcripts of his speeches, there aint much SUBSTANCE there, Pal. Obama's high falutin' rhetoric was 90% "eloquent" bullshit, IMO. He's was a slippery boring sophist. Listening to him was, for me, just like taking a 10mg Temazepam tablet - I was sound asleep after about 15 minutes. Trump has the the opposite effect. When Trump speaks, I listen; and I like what I am hearing because I know here is a rare politician, a mna who TRUTHFULLY speaks his mind when it comes the big stuff that really matters. Not a torrent of BS about some lesbian Mardi Gras or faggot's movement that's campaigning for gay marriage, and so on.

Finally you DO I trust realize the shocking magnitude and extent of the "Obamagate" scandal ? The WORST POLITICAL SCANDAL IN AMERICA'S HISTORY. And you do realize, I trust, that BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA knew EXACTLY what was going on, when it was going on and where it was going on, from the word go. There is now conclusive, hard evidence to prove this, yet that devious, underhanded little Black bastard gets to walk free. WHY ?? It's because no Americans have got the balls to charge him with the 100's of MAJOR felony offences they KNOW he perpetrated. We're talking BIG, SERIOUS federal crimes..

And guess where Obama likes to hang out now? Well, it ain't with the brothers in the 'hood, man. No way Hose ! Obama likes to hang out with the rich, snooty WASPs on "Martha's Vineyard". (And) there ain't no Black dudes can afford to visit the island - that's the beauty of it for Obama I think. He likes it so much he bought a big, fancy property there. It cost a few million, but hey, money's no obstacle for Barack, he's worth somewhere near $300, 000,000 (USD).

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshynddawg; 08-01-2020 at 07:52 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachshynddawg For This Post:

Earl (08-01-2020)

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pure bullshit, Walt,

Obama was a neo-Marxist, he worked as a "community organizer" in Chicago in the mid-1980's; he even taught Saul Alinsky's (Marxist) "community organizing" tactics methods to classes of trainees in the city as well.

Obama was big on identity politics and gave a lot of support to the Black Lives Matter movement, which became a very divisive influence in many American cities.

The main reason he was popular was because the Democrat-controlled media treated him with kid gloves. This was partly because he was a Democrat POTUS, but the MAIN reson he got the extremely preferential treatment he did from the media was BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST [B]BLACK[/B POTUS. That meant everything that CNN. MSNBC, CBS, ABC, The NYT, The WaPo,etc has to say about President Obama had to kept sweet as pie ! The sun had to be shining out of Obama's ass !

As for his ability to talk to people, he is articulate in a forma, academic-type sense. He talks a lot and slots in a goodly number of pretentious $5.00 adjectives to dazzle oi polloi. But at the end of the day when your clear the verbiage from transcripts of his speeches, there aint much SUBSTANCE there, Pal. Obama's high falutin' rhetoric was 90% "eloquent" bullshit, IMO. He's was a slippery boring sophist. Listening to him was, for me, just like taking a 10mg Temazepam tablet - I was sound asleep after about 15 minutes. Trump has the the opposite effect. When Trump speaks, I listen; and I like what I am hearing because I know here is a rare politician, a mna who TRUTHFULLY speaks his mind when it comes the big stuff that really matters. Not a torrent of BS about some lesbian Mardi Gras or faggot's movement that's campaigning for gay marriage, and so on.

Finally you DO I trust realize the shocking magnitude and extent of the "Obamagate" scandal ? The WORST POLITICAL SCANDAL IN AMERICA'S HISTORY. And you do realize, I trust, that BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA knew EXACTLY what was going on, when it was going on and where it was going on, from the word go. There is now conclusive, hard evidence to prove this, yet that devious, underhanded little Black bastard gets to walk free. WHY ?? It's because no Americans have got the balls to charge him with the 100's of MAJOR felony offences they KNOW he perpetrated. We're talking BIG, SERIOUS federal crimes..

And guess where Obama likes to hang out now? Well, it ain't with the brothers in the 'hood, man. No way Hose ! Obama likes to hang out with the rich, snooty WASPs on "Martha's Vineyard". (And) there ain't no Black dudes can afford to visit the island - that's the beauty of it for Obama I think. He likes it so much he bought a big, fancy property there. It cost a few million, but hey, money's no obstacle for Barack, he's worth somewhere near $300, 000,000 (USD).

Dachshund
    Indeed... excellent.

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Biden voters may not be enthused about Biden, but they are enthused about defeating Trump.
    They are, but that isn't enough to get them to actually vote. This is why Bush was reelected despite being very unpopular during his first term.

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    They are, but that isn't enough to get them to actually vote. This is why Bush was reelected despite being very unpopular during his first term.
    We’ll see, I see it being bigger than 2018

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-01-2020)

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    descending from slave owners means she should be canceled

I mean if statues of Washington and Jefferson have to come down surely she can't be VP. Her family owned slaves.
    Correction:

Descended from slave owners doesn’t mean shit. That is, unless you take responsibility for all your forefathers’ mistakes, dog fucker.

You “logic” is laughable. Nothing new there, taintstain.

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed here. IMO, 2016 was more about defeating Hillary and shaking up the status quo in Washington DC. Mission accomplished!!

Now it's time to get back to sanity. The Democrats are running a person who is experienced but almost certainly a one-term President. If the Republicans get their shit together, they have an opportunity to take the WH back in 2024.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"