Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2130

Thread: Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 54 Times in 50 Posts

    Default Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

    There are many religions in our world and they are all different. Each one has a unique dogma that affords comfort to the believer and helps him cope with a chaotic and confusing world ... each one except for Global Warming that is. This religion seems only to instill fear and panic. Most religions are portrayed as a form of "good news" to be celebrated whereas everything about Global Warming is hyped as "bad news" that might already be "too late" and "past the tipping point."

    Further, most religions are honest matters of faith whereas the Church of Global Warming specifically targets for recruitment the gullible and the scientifically illiterate because its dogma mandates the belief that egregious violations of physics are "Settled Science."

    Question: why would any rational adult adopt the Global Warming faith?

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Probably some have grandchildren that they want to be able to enjoy the Planet.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,305
    Thanks
    3,086
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 12,341 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    With as corrupt as science is now and particularly given all of the lies that get told anyone who assumes that the scientists are telling the truth is a fool.
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    cancel2 2022 (08-12-2020), Yakuda (08-20-2020)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Yeah. We could roll the dice on this one.

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    26,116
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    There are many religions in our world and they are all different. Each one has a unique dogma that affords comfort to the believer and helps him cope with a chaotic and confusing world ... each one except for Global Warming that is. This religion seems only to instill fear and panic. Most religions are portrayed as a form of "good news" to be celebrated whereas everything about Global Warming is hyped as "bad news" that might already be "too late" and "past the tipping point."

    Further, most religions are honest matters of faith whereas the Church of Global Warming specifically targets for recruitment the gullible and the scientifically illiterate because its dogma mandates the belief that egregious violations of physics are "Settled Science."

    Question: why would any rational adult adopt the Global Warming faith?

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    85,922
    Thanks
    141,416
    Thanked 79,926 Times in 51,103 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,646 Times in 4,365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The real question is: Why should anyone read an idiot who asks "Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?" like it's a religion and not an actual current event.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  8. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    cancel2 2022 (08-12-2020)

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Doc Dutch (08-20-2020), Guno צְבִי (07-31-2020)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    34,429
    Thanks
    135,452
    Thanked 23,040 Times in 13,764 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 1,442 Times in 1,361 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    With as corrupt as science is now and particularly given all of the lies that get told anyone who assumes that the scientists are telling the truth is a fool.
    Too funny! science is based on demonstrable facts/ data,it is updated when new facts come to light, only semi literate trumpanzees think that science is a belief system and has an agenda, that is low IQ "thinking"
    If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, wed rather be alive and have the bad image.

    Golda Meir

    Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.







    ברוך השם

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (07-31-2020)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 54 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The real question is: Why should anyone read an idiot who asks "Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?" like it's a religion and not an actual current event.
    Great, we'll just list you as one of the gullible and scientifically illiterate who was successfully targetted for recruitment by the Church of Global Warming. Warmizombies aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack so no one expects them to be able to recognize a religion when it is right in front of them.

    But more importantly, your official position is that you can't think of any reason any rational adult should believe in Global Warming either.

    Got it. Thank you for your input.




    Global Warming: the preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    There are many religions in our world and they are all different. Each one has a unique dogma that affords comfort to the believer and helps him cope with a chaotic and confusing world ... each one except for Global Warming that is. This religion seems only to instill fear and panic. Most religions are portrayed as a form of "good news" to be celebrated whereas everything about Global Warming is hyped as "bad news" that might already be "too late" and "past the tipping point."

    Further, most religions are honest matters of faith whereas the Church of Global Warming specifically targets for recruitment the gullible and the scientifically illiterate because its dogma mandates the belief that egregious violations of physics are "Settled Science."

    Question: why would any rational adult adopt the Global Warming faith?

    Be honest. Did you advance beyond 7th grade?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (07-31-2020)

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    With as corrupt as science is now and particularly given all of the lies that get told anyone who assumes that the scientists are telling the truth is a fool.
    Most scientists are marxists.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    85,922
    Thanks
    141,416
    Thanked 79,926 Times in 51,103 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,646 Times in 4,365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    But more importantly, your official position is that you can't think of any reason any rational adult should believe in Global Warming either.

    Got it. Thank you for your input.
    Sure thing, Flapjack. I'll just quietly hide my college transcript (4.0 gpa that includes biology, chemistry, microbiology, A&P I & II, and botany) under my seat cushion here, and pretend to drool so I fit in with your crowd and don't get burned at the stake.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  17. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    cancel2 2022 (08-12-2020)

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Doc Dutch (08-20-2020)

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 54 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Probably some have grandchildren that they want to be able to enjoy the Planet.
    Global Warming is a firebrand fundamentalist cult that is based on HATRED and intolerance. Warmizombies are not only the planet's most dim-witted lot (how they got their name) but they are absolutely miserable. They are not happy folk. Warmizombies might be the only ones on the planet who aren't enjoying the planet, being too consumed by their HATRED of those who weren't gullible enough to fall for the Global Warming scam. If a warmizombie truly wants his/her grandchildren to enjoy the planet, he/she needs to ensure they get a solid education, learn science, and don't fall for the recruiting pitch. Some people have much better luck and simply fall victim to Scientology.

    So, no valid reason to believe of which you are aware?

  20. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 54 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sure thing, Flapjack. I'll just quietly hide my college transcript (4.0 gpa that includes biology, chemistry, microbiology, A&P I & II, and botany) under my seat cushion here, and pretend to drool so I fit in with your crowd and don't get burned at the stake.
    Show me someone who believes in Global Warming and I'll show you someone who is either scientifically illiterate or who is a flat out science denier.

    Let's start with you. You probably majored in African Women's Art Appreciation and never even learned what science is. Any university will gladly give you a worthless piece of paper if you will pay your tuition in full. You are probably scientifically illiterate AND mathematically incompetent. I wish you the best in balancing your HATRED for humanity with your need to destroy capitalism.

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    Show me someone who believes in Global Warming and I'll show you someone who is either scientifically illiterate or who is a flat out science denier.

    Let's start with you. You probably majored in African Women's Art Appreciation and never even learned what science is. Any university will gladly give you a worthless piece of paper if you will pay your tuition in full. You are probably scientifically illiterate AND mathematically incompetent. I wish you the best in balancing your HATRED for humanity with your need to destroy capitalism.

    Shut up you stupid troll.

  22. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 54 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Most scientists are marxists.
    You wish. Most Marxists believe that political activists and violent Black Lives Matter rioters are "scientists" ... and "economists" as well. What they all have in common is shame for their religion, relegating them to lashing out at anyone who merely asks them for the rational basis for their belief in Global Warming and for their belief that egregious violations of physics are somehow "thettled thieth."

    Again, show me someone who believes in Global Warming and I'll show you someone who is either scientifically illiterate or who is a flat out science denier. Just bring him here to this forum so I can cross examine him and pick him apart. I live for it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 502
    Last Post: 10-20-2023, 06:25 PM
  2. New study debunks global warming causing current global freezing
    By Cancel 2018.1 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM
  3. Updated Global Temperature: No global warming for 17 years, 6 months
    By cancel2 2022 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM
  4. Global Warming Again!
    By DamnYankee in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •