Thread: Here's What Happened When a Reporter Experimented with Mail-In Ballots

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I didn't say there were......I said these elections shouldn't be manipulated by fuckwits who thought they were.......such as yourself and every other demmycunt.......
    Read your own post once again, idiot!

2. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

agreed.....just give up your insane idea to mail out 350M of them unsolicited......
    What makes you think that millions of ballots will be sent out unsolicited? 350 million? You are fucking nuts.
    Each and every state has their own system

4. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

When Trump saw mail-in was coming, he immediately put a guy to head the post office and fuck it up quickly. He is ,as usual for Trump, charged with destroying it from the inside. Then Trump went on a string of tirades and tweets about mail-in being corrupt and unreliable. He is trying to make it that way, so when he loses, he can claim he was cheated.
    We have had mail=in for a very long time. Some states have relied on it and have had no troubles. Trump is making up shit and rightys are gobbling his poo.Trump is trying to cheat his way into a win or an excuse to keep power in November. Trump is not very sophisticated. He just blows shit up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-01-2020)

7. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Read your own post once again, idiot!
    okay.....done......you're still a fuckwit who should stop trying to manipulate elections......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What makes you think that millions of ballots will be sent out unsolicited? 350 million? You are fucking nuts.
    are you denying states haven't already sent them out unsolicited for the primaries?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

10. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

are you denying states haven't already sent them out unsolicited for the primaries?......
    350 million?
    AND, what if some states do send them out unsolicited?

12. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

13. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AND, what if some states do send them out unsolicited?
    its an invitation to fraud........

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

15. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Georgia Sent Out Nearly 7 Million Absentee Ballot Applications For Primary, But Proposed Bill Won’t Let It Happen Again
    Emil Moffatt • Jun 24, 2020
    Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger sent out absentee ballot applications in March to all 6.9 million active voters amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger sent out absentee ballot applications in March to all 6.9 million active voters amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    Credit Keith Srakocic / Associated Press
    'Add to My List' icon Add to My List

Updated Wednesday at 2:50 p.m.

An amendment to Senate Bill 463 would prohibit the Georgia secretary of state or county elections officials from sending out unsolicited absentee ballot applications. The amendment passed along a party-line vote, and the bill itself was approved by a majority of the committee.

It’s a direct rebuke to the action taken by Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in March of this year when he sent out applications to all 6.9 million active voters amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgians responded to the applications in an unprecedented way, as more than 1.1 million votes were cast by absentee ballots for the June 9 primary elections.

But the influx in absentee ballots led to issues in many counties as local officials had to process those requests. Some voters didn’t get their ballots, while others got their ballots but chose to vote in person anyway. That snarled lines as poll workers labored to cancel those ballots.

“This is not in any way prevent anyone from asking for an absentee ballot or voting absentee,” said Republican Rep. Shaw Blackmon, the chair of the Government Affairs Committee. “All this says is that we’re not going to flood – and that’s what we saw happen on June 9, and that was the reason we saw this submitted – we’re not going to flood this with added mailings or unsolicited absentee ballots so that we actually create some additional problems for our counties.”

But Democratic Rep. Renitta Shannon pointed out that Raffensperger has already said he wasn’t going to send out mass ballot applications again.

“This amendment is not needed, the secretary of state has already made a ruling on this, and all this does is seek to remove local control. That’s all it does,” said Shannon.

Moments after the amendment was adopted, voting rights group Fair Fight Action put out a statement on Twitter:

“Rural counties are currently seeing COVID surging and are bracing for a tough fall. If a county wants to help their community safely participate in elections, this proposed law would prohibit them to decide themselves if they want to send absentee ballot request forms to voters.”

Later, Raffensperger weighed in, although he did not directly comment on the potential usurpation of his power.

“What we are seeing today is the continued weaponization of election administration by both the left and the right. I call on both sides to stop trying to politicize election administration,” Raffensperger said in a written statement.

He again defended his decision to send out absentee applications in March.

“I chose to send a clear, uniform application utilizing barcode technology to assist counties in processing. We also procured a mail vendor to package and mail ballots, taking on what would have been a crushing blow and expense to counties,” said Raffensperger.

In the statement decrying the politicization of elections, he made no further mention of Republicans, but lambasted “liberals,” claiming that they want “elections with no voter ID, no citizenship check, and unlimited ballot harvesting.”

The bill now goes to the full house for a vote. The legislative session is slated to end on Friday.
    wabe.org

16. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

its an invitation to fraud........
    There is little or no fraud with mail in balloting. Each state has their own safeguards.
    There have been over 250 million votes cast with mail in balloting with very few problems.
    You are trying to crate what doesn't exist.

17. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

18. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    "Georgia Sent Out Nearly 7 Million Absentee Ballot Applications For Primary, But Proposed Bill Won’t Let It Happen Again
    Emil Moffatt • Jun 24, 2020
    Credit Keith Srakocic / Associated Press
    'Add to My List' icon Add to My List

Updated Wednesday at 2:50 p.m.

An amendment to Senate Bill 463 would prohibit the Georgia secretary of state or county elections officials from sending out unsolicited absentee ballot applications. The amendment passed along a party-line vote, and the bill itself was approved by a majority of the committee.

It’s a direct rebuke to the action taken by Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in March of this year when he sent out applications to all 6.9 million active voters amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgians responded to the applications in an unprecedented way, as more than 1.1 million votes were cast by absentee ballots for the June 9 primary elections.

But the influx in absentee ballots led to issues in many counties as local officials had to process those requests. Some voters didn’t get their ballots, while others got their ballots but chose to vote in person anyway. That snarled lines as poll workers labored to cancel those ballots.

“This is not in any way prevent anyone from asking for an absentee ballot or voting absentee,” said Republican Rep. Shaw Blackmon, the chair of the Government Affairs Committee. “All this says is that we’re not going to flood – and that’s what we saw happen on June 9, and that was the reason we saw this submitted – we’re not going to flood this with added mailings or unsolicited absentee ballots so that we actually create some additional problems for our counties.”

But Democratic Rep. Renitta Shannon pointed out that Raffensperger has already said he wasn’t going to send out mass ballot applications again.

“This amendment is not needed, the secretary of state has already made a ruling on this, and all this does is seek to remove local control. That’s all it does,” said Shannon.

Moments after the amendment was adopted, voting rights group Fair Fight Action put out a statement on Twitter:

“Rural counties are currently seeing COVID surging and are bracing for a tough fall. If a county wants to help their community safely participate in elections, this proposed law would prohibit them to decide themselves if they want to send absentee ballot request forms to voters.”

Later, Raffensperger weighed in, although he did not directly comment on the potential usurpation of his power.

“What we are seeing today is the continued weaponization of election administration by both the left and the right. I call on both sides to stop trying to politicize election administration,” Raffensperger said in a written statement.

He again defended his decision to send out absentee applications in March.

“I chose to send a clear, uniform application utilizing barcode technology to assist counties in processing. We also procured a mail vendor to package and mail ballots, taking on what would have been a crushing blow and expense to counties,” said Raffensperger.

In the statement decrying the politicization of elections, he made no further mention of Republicans, but lambasted “liberals,” claiming that they want “elections with no voter ID, no citizenship check, and unlimited ballot harvesting.”

The bill now goes to the full house for a vote. The legislative session is slated to end on Friday.
    wabe.org
    Sounds like Georgia is making a mountain out of a molehill. If my state wants to send everyone a ballot, that fine. Some will use them and others may prefer to vote in person. Its no big deal.

19. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

20. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is little or no fraud with mail in balloting. Each state has their own safeguards.
    There have been over 250 million votes cast with mail in balloting with very few problems.
    You are trying to crate what doesn't exist.
    stop being an idiot......no state ever before has done what the demmycunts are proposing/attempting for this election so all your claims about "it has never happened" are meaningless.......

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

22. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    what? He's POTUS not a mail clerk
    Yeah, his job is to develop a vaccine.

23. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

stop being an idiot......no state ever before has done what the demmycunts are proposing/attempting for this election so all your claims about "it has never happened" are meaningless.......
    We have never been in the midst of a health emergency as we are now. You cannot expect people to risk catching the virus while standing in long lines for hours.
    However, each state will do what they think is best for them. There is no "one size fits all".

24. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)

25. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some will use them and others may prefer to vote in person. Its no big deal.
    and if someone takes one of those unsolicited ballots and fills it out as if they were the voter it was intended for, is that a big deal........put it this way.......if we go out and harvest those ballots and fill tens of thousands of them out for Trump and then dump them in the mail box........would it be a big deal then?......

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (08-02-2020)