Thread: Texans Are Now Dying Every Six Minutes From COVID-19

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Texans Are Now Dying Every Six Minutes From COVID-19

Texans are now dying every six minutes and 16 seconds from the coronavirus, according to a USA Today analysis of John Hopkins University data.

After a record spike of infections in the past month, Texas is now facing the deadly consequences of those numbers. The state reported 1,607 deaths last week, bringing the total death toll to 5,877.

This week, Texas changed its method of reporting COVID-19 deaths to include fatalities marked on death certificates as caused by the virus. The undercounting resulted in a jump of nearly 700 deaths in Monday's count, indicating that 12 percent of deaths had been unreported.

Previously, the Texas Department of State Health Services relied on local and regional health departments to track the state's death toll.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/texans-are-...vid-19-1521337

Mean while In West Texas, Trump will tout energy policy, scoop up cash, and try to tamp down the Biden surge

WASHINGTON – It’s still an open question whether Joe Biden will make a play for Texas, but polls are definitely moving his way. And President Donald Trump’s visit to West Texas on Wednesday suggests he’s not taking any chances.

In Midland, the president will tour an oil rig at Double Eagle Energy and highlight his energy policies before 200 or so industry executives and workers in an air conditioned tent with plenty of space between chairs.

His hosts will be Double Eagle founders Cody Campbell and John Sellers, who sold 72,000 acres in the oil rich Permian Basin three years ago for a cool $2.8 billion.

Trump’s first stop will be at the Odessa Marriott to meet with campaign donors. Ticket prices range from $2,500 for lunch to $50,000 for a couple’s photo with the president and $100,000 to join him in a more private roundtable discussion.

Read more: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...e-biden-surge/
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

SPEECHLESS
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Texans are now dying every six minutes and 16 seconds from the coronavirus, according to a USA Today analysis of John Hopkins University data.

After a record spike of infections in the past month, Texas is now facing the deadly consequences of those numbers. The state reported 1,607 deaths last week, bringing the total death toll to 5,877.

This week, Texas changed its method of reporting COVID-19 deaths to include fatalities marked on death certificates as caused by the virus. The undercounting resulted in a jump of nearly 700 deaths in Monday's count, indicating that 12 percent of deaths had been unreported.

Previously, the Texas Department of State Health Services relied on local and regional health departments to track the state's death toll.

Mean while In West Texas, Trump will tout energy policy, scoop up cash, and try to tamp down the Biden surge

WASHINGTON – It’s still an open question whether Joe Biden will make a play for Texas, but polls are definitely moving his way. And President Donald Trump’s visit to West Texas on Wednesday suggests he’s not taking any chances.

In Midland, the president will tour an oil rig at Double Eagle Energy and highlight his energy policies before 200 or so industry executives and workers in an air conditioned tent with plenty of space between chairs.

His hosts will be Double Eagle founders Cody Campbell and John Sellers, who sold 72,000 acres in the oil rich Permian Basin three years ago for a cool $2.8 billion.

Trump’s first stop will be at the Odessa Marriott to meet with campaign donors. Ticket prices range from $2,500 for lunch to $50,000 for a couple’s photo with the president and $100,000 to join him in a more private roundtable discussion.

Trump's plan to solve Social Security insolvency is working.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

katzgar (07-29-2020)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

wow, and they only have 6k dead.......think how fast they must have been dying in New York which lost over 32k......

deaths per million in Texas 207.......deaths per million in New York 1,602.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (07-29-2020)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    wow, and they only have 6k dead.......think how fast they must have been dying in New York which lost over 32k......

deaths per million in Texas 207.......deaths per million in New York 1,602.......
    TX shouldn't be losing any people at all, if they wanted to take lessons away from what worked and failed in NY.

Both TX and FL have passed NY for record daily case count. The fact that this is still happening five months after NY is a clear example of Conservative laziness and insincerity.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

domer76 (07-29-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

NY has bent their curve, Texas has not.

But keep moving that bar. Eventually, you'll move it so far that you can't climb it. That happened when you used to compare this to the flu. But you stopped doing that. How come?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard that on our news this AM. It’s unbelievable.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

maybe it is demon sperm?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-29-2020)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I heard that on our news this AM. It’s unbelievable.
    was it believable when 7.63 people were dying every minute in New York?....
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”