Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 LONG term Damage

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Yeah- when the damage is done it will too late to bother with it. Take a nap.
    Yeah, uh, a pandemic runs 18-24 months but by all means let's make declarations at 6 months.

Kill yourself.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,397 Times in 6,144 Posts
    Blog Entries

After you.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bret keeps on upping his confidence that this bug was made in the lab by the Chinese, He was at 90%+ about five weeks ago, dont know where he is now.

He also says that the elite who claim that this was most certainly not made in a lab by Chinese are almost certainly a lying, and says that the truth will almost certainly come out, which will certainly be yet another gut punch to the reputation of the elites as well as of the men of science who either spread the lie or else stayed silent as a lie was spread.

Anyways, it being bred in the lab getting fed a diet of human cells might mean that this bug is a real nasty motherfucker.

We dont know yet.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, we do. You're just another attention-craving moron.

Maria Ressa.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Hundreds of thousands in a nation of over 300 million is relatively insignificant.

Besides, we dont have any idea what the long term situation will be, our experts cant even handle the most important of the short term questions.
    What a callous statement, no death is insignificant. What kind of person thinks 160,000 deaths are insignificant?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-08-2020)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Bret keeps on upping his confidence that this bug was made in the lab by the Chinese, He was at 90%+ about five weeks ago, dont know where he is now.

He also says that the elite who claim that this was most certainly not made in a lab by Chinese are almost certainly a lying, and says that the truth will almost certainly come out, which will certainly be yet another gut punch to the reputation of the elites as well as of the men of science who either spread the lie or else stayed silent as a lie was spread.

Anyways, it being bred in the lab getting fed a diet of human cells might mean that this bug is a real nasty motherfucker.

We dont know yet.
    The Wuhan Institute of Virology is a damn good clue it escaped from there, and not some Wet market with raw meat

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    The Wuhan Institute of Virology is a damn good clue it escaped from there, and not some Wet market with raw meat
    You mean like the Brits' Porton Down biological labs. near Salisbury ? Oh wait........no.....the Russians did it.

Maria Ressa.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    What a callous statement, no death is insignificant. What kind of person thinks 160,000 deaths are insignificant?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    The Wet Market idea is over, even the Chinese had to admit that much.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I said relatively insignificant....Me being a person who said early that this bug looks very much like the one that we have all been fearing...the one that would kill at least 50 million humans.....which this one might still but 160,000 is a very tiny sliver of 50 million.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

I said relatively insignificant....Me being a person who said early that this bug looks very much like the one that we have all been fearing...the one that would kill at least 50 million humans.....which this one might still but 160,000 is a very tiny sliver of 50 million.
    In the long run, this might be a blessing. You are right, this is not the big one. The big one might kill over a billion people. And it is definitely coming.

We have learned that a significant number of Americans will not try to stop a plague. We need to figure out a way around that before the big one. Imagine people refusing to wear masks in the big one.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the long run, this might be a blessing. You are right, this is not the big one. The big one might kill over a billion people. And it is definitely coming.

We have learned that a significant number of Americans will not try to stop a plague. We need to figure out a way around that before the big one. Imagine people refusing to wear masks in the big one.
    1/3 say that they will refuse to take a vaccine if there ever is one...did you see that?

There is no way to navigate that other than forced vaccinations.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

1/3 say that they will refuse to take a vaccine if there ever is one...did you see that?

There is no way to navigate that other than forced vaccinations.
    The vaccines are looking weak. That means people might need to be required to take multiple vaccines, and vaccines are almost definitely going to have to be mandatory for containment. Every time we could get lucky, or unlucky, we get unlucky.

It gets worse. Vaccinations are going to have to be organized by a multi-national organization, such as the WHO. They did it successfully before with Smallpox, but this time we have trump wanting us out of the WHO. he is hoping we will get lucky, but I have already said what happens with that.

I would say that the only solution is to cut off the USA from the world, and have the world continue on without us, but we are too large to cutoff. There is no solution. Covid-19 might just be part of our lives for years until we can find a solution.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The vaccines are looking weak. That means people might need to be required to take multiple vaccines, and vaccines are almost definitely going to have to be mandatory for containment. Every time we could get lucky, or unlucky, we get unlucky.

It gets worse. Vaccinations are going to have to be organized by a multi-national organization, such as the WHO. They did it successfully before with Smallpox, but this time we have trump wanting us out of the WHO. he is hoping we will get lucky, but I have already said what happens with that.

I would say that the only solution is to cut off the USA from the world, and have the world continue on without us, but we are too large to cutoff. There is no solution. Covid-19 might just be part of our lives for years until we can find a solution.
    I note your refusal to answer the question.

Did you see that very early evidence is that most of these vaccines work poorly on older people, the people who tend to most need it? .....That would be a huge motherfucking problem.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

We can't all hide under our beds forever!