Thread: "How it Starts"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I enjoy your posts Dutch. Common sense, right on the money. You have good power of observation and relay it with just facts.
    Likewise, Sailor. It's always good to have real vets on the forum. They can take shit and give shit without shitting their pants over it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (07-20-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Trump is one man with about 30 million cult followers, many of them armed to the teeth. Still, the worst may never happen. Trump may "recognize" the result of the election. Anything is possible.
    Define "armed to the teeth".

You should realize that there are over 80M gun owners in the US and I, for one, probably have more firearms and ammo than most of the cult followers.

Lastly, and most importantly, anyone who is really concerned about a dictatorial takeover of the United States has a civic duty to arm themselves and become proficient with its use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (07-20-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Just watch this idiot!

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is one man with about 30 million cult followers, many of them armed to the teeth. Still, the worst may never happen. Trump may "recognize" the result of the election. Anything is possible.
    Yes, it is still possible that Trump can win.

Here is a gun anecdote from my region. In Washington State, one can get 90 days in jail for refusing to wear a mask in public. In one of the major retail stores, a 39-year-old man entered without a cover. He was openly carrying a pistol. A man came up to him and told him to put on a mask. A shouting match ensued, and the man pulled his gun and pointed it to the other guy's chest. It took five cops to subdue the guy. Only days later was it reported that the other guy was also openly carrying a pistol.

It was close to being an old west style shoot-out.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    LOL I was a little under the weather today so just sat and watched television. One was the movie "My Spy" on Prime. It's on the level of "Kindergarten Cop" but a little funnier. There's one scene where CIA agent JJ (Dave Bautista) is showing a 9 year old how to set up C-4 charges around a door using Play-Doh. I enjoyed the movie and feel IMDB underrated it with a 6.3. It's at least a 6.7.
    I hope you’re feeling better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-20-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I hope you’re feeling better.
    Thanks. Nothing major, just the "blahs". Like a mild hangover without the benefit of having gotten drunk first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (07-20-2020)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks. Nothing major, just the "blahs". Like a mild hangover without the benefit of having gotten drunk first.
    Glad it isn’t serious, hope it stays that way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-20-2020)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Me too. I was already laid out for 3 days a few weeks ago due to a fever, chills, body aches and nausea. I don't know what it was, and I hope it was COVID......but now I'm hearing that catching COVID doesn't necessarily produce antibodies to prevent reinfection.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-20-2020)

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Me too. I was already laid out for 3 days a few weeks ago due to a fever, chills, body aches and nausea. I don't know what it was, and I hope it was COVID......but now I'm hearing that catching COVID doesn't necessarily produce antibodies to prevent reinfection.
    It’s crazy, I’ve heard the same. I do hope the vaccine from Oxford works, it’s rumored to build immunity and attack the cellular level of the virus, if I understood what I read. A double whammy is always good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-20-2020)

17. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

You should realize that there are over 80M gun owners in the US and I, for one, probably have more firearms and ammo than most of the cult followers.

Lastly, and most importantly, anyone who is really concerned about a dictatorial takeover of the United States has a civic duty to arm themselves and become proficient with its use.
    That’s good, Dutch Uncle. Do you agree that IF it came to something like that, it would be the worst thing for American democracy in well over a century?

I’m not expecting an armed insurrection, but in the climate created by this blunderer and his cult it’s not totally unthinkable. That’s what the country has come to.

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That’s good, Dutch Uncle. Do you agree that IF it came to something like that, it would be the worst thing for American democracy in well over a century?

I’m not expecting an armed insurrection, but in the climate created by this blunderer and his cult it’s not totally unthinkable. That’s what the country has come to.
    An authoritarian government is antithetical to American ideals. All good Americans should fight it for the sake of their children and their children's children. So, yes, such a government would destroy American democracy. The "Great Experiment" would over. We'd be no better than the pussified Russians who had a chance at freedom and, instead, returned to authoritarianism.

While Trump may want it, I doubt he'd get it. His attacks on the states are already drawing attention. Republicans are already distancing themselves from Trump's fuckups. Trump favorability has dropped into majority disfavorable after his treatment of Generals Kelly and Mattis...especially Mattis.

Even so, I still encourage all adult Americans who are legal to do so to own a firearm, become proficient with it and have a supply of ammunition always on hand. 500 rounds is a fair amount. It doesn't have to be very expensive. A Mosin-Nagant in good condition and two spam cans of ammo (880 rounds) would cost less than a thousand dollars. To save money, a single shot .22 rifle and 500 rounds can be purchased to practice shooting. The principles are the same.

They can also study guerrilla warfare tactics through free resources online:

https://smallwarsjournal.com/documents/guevara.pdf http://www3.uakron.edu/worldciv/pascher/che.html

https://www.latinamericanstudies.org/bayo.htm

Psyops Guerrilla Warfare https://fas.org/irp/cia/guerilla.htm

American History: https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...rrilla-warfare

A basic tactic in a guerrilla war is to disrupt the enemy, not confront them head-on. A single shot from a distance and escaping works just fine.

Learn how to pick out officers and NCOs in a column. There are various techniques. A simple one is to identify the radio operator and shoot the guy next to him. Another is to put a small road block or box filled with trash in the road to stop a column then see who the troopers go to for advice/orders. Shoot whomever is giving the orders.

A column will include trucks filled with troops and a staff car/jeep/humvee. Officers will not be in the trucks. Usually there'll be a couple of jeeps out front followed by trucks then another jeep. The first jeep is a scout. The second jeep will be the officers. The last jeep will be the NCOs. This information is easily studied now, but, like Russia and China, under an authoritarian regime, that information will be restricted or inaccessible.

The best tool any person has is the computer between their ears. Best to make sure it is fully programmed before the shit hits the fan. Preparation is not only the key to success, but a deterrent to tyranny. Si vis pacem, para bellum

PS: I strongly doubt a dictatorship would happen except slowly as Americans are too lazy to stop it. It won't be Trump. If he tried to order the US military to crack down or fire upon Americans, I think most would stand down. We could also see National Guardsmen facing any Army units following Trump's orders. I think in that event, neither would fire and simply hold position. Let's not forget that every officer in the United States armed forces took this oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

Support our military and be prepared to defend our nation against enemies, foreign and domestic.
    Last edited by Doc Dutch; 07-21-2020 at 04:56 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (07-21-2020)

20. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump has hinted that he may not recognize the result of the election if he loses. Is he serious? What would he do?
    act like a demmycrat?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It wasn't serious. A one-day thing. I'm back to my ol' ornery self.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2020)

23. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It wasn't serious. A one-day thing. I'm back to my ol' ornery self.
    Hoorah!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-21-2020)

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    act like a demmycrat?.......
    Only if democrats scream like two year olds and chain themselves to a desk.