Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine enters final-stage trial this month

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Trump isn’t allowed to be credited with anything lol.
    gawd forbid fake news relents 1 iota

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-15-2020), Stretch (07-15-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    A vaccine was always the way to end this. But the plan for dealing with it in the interim was a disaster. And it continues to be. We're still looking at six months, and Trump can and will do a massive amount of damage in that time, aided by his cult followers and his sycophants in the Senate. Now he's got Navarro bashing Fauci because he's too chickenshit to do his own work. Always has been a coward.
    How do you manage to wrong so often lol?

Who told you ‘a vaccine was always the way out of this?’ A vaccine may be no way out because this one may not work or it may be only marginally effective.

But thankfully, there’s more than one way out. Treatments, to name one. They’ve already made some advancements and more will surely be made as time progresses.

That is, if the virus doesn’t undergo a deletion or other change in its genome that weakens it, in which case, all of the above could become moot.

And I thought the new Panic talking point was that COVID immunity was only transient? If that’s the case the vaccine is pointless.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (07-15-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    gawd forbid fake news relents 1 iota
    It’s an election year and it involves Trump lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

rant Trump doesn't "deal with it in the interim" the states do that.
    Trump famously said he has no responsibility at all.

But he swore an oath to defend the country, and he failed that oath.

140,000 dead because of you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What Trump has done is direct "Operation Warp Speed" (i even just wrote this ) that uses government finances
    to go ahead and get the vaccine out during the pending approval process.
    And they've removed a lot of red tape there as well to speed it all up ASAP.
    So what happens if the vaccine fails, like everything else has failed that you've pushed here, and ends up killing more people? You'll just move the bar again.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you manage to wrong so often lol?

Who told you ‘a vaccine was always the way out of this?’ A vaccine may be no way out because this one may not work or it may be only marginally effective.

But thankfully, there’s more than one way out. Treatments, to name one. They’ve already made some advancements and more will surely be made as time progresses.

That is, if the virus doesn’t undergo a deletion or other change in its genome that weakens it, in which case, all of the above could become moot.

And I thought the new Panic talking point was that COVID immunity was only transient? If that’s the case the vaccine is pointless.
    Guess I hurt your feelings little fella. You going to follow me around now like a lost little puppy? Yes, a vaccine is the most likely way to end the pandemic. Treatments are fine to save lives, but they aren't going to get people back to work, and they aren't going to save the economy. Heel, Darth, heel!!!! Good boy.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

The U.S. biotech firm Moderna said Tuesday it would enter the final stage of human trials for its COVID-19 vaccine on July 27, after promising early results were published in an influential journal.

The Phase 3 trial will recruit 30,000 participants in the U.S., with half to receive the vaccine at 100 microgram dose levels, and the other half to receive a placebo.

It is designed to show whether the vaccine is safe and can prevent infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, or — if people still get infected — whether it can prevent the infection progressing toward symptoms.

If they do get symptoms, the vaccine can still be considered a success if it stops severe cases of COVID-19.

The study should run until Oct. 27, according to its page on clinicaltrials.gov.
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.Xw9XIed7mM8

anyone who takes that vaccine is a fool

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

rant Trump doesn't "deal with it in the interim" the states do that.
    The states have run the show from the beginning after Trump agreed to the shutdown.

I realize all you GAF about is partisan politics -but at least direct your fire towards the decision makers.

Same with the schools.
    Trump can jawbone kids (which is needed) back in school,
    but he can't withhold funds and he cant control locals decision
    Yes, Trump has absolutely no responsibility during a national health crisis. LOL at you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Micawber (07-17-2020)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What Trump has done is direct "Operation Warp Speed" (i even just wrote this ) that uses government finances
    to go ahead and get the vaccine out during the pending approval process.
    Few problems with this:

1. Operation Warp Speed is not a bill, it's just marketing and branding. It's taking credit for things other people did independent of him.

2. Congress allocated funds for vaccine development, not Trump, and many Republicans voted AGAINST the COVID relief bill that provided funding in both chambers.

3. Trump didn't kick anything into "warp speed". They were already at warp speed. To attribute that to Trump is just ridiculous. Do you think they were just sitting around, playing Minecraft as a virus ravaged the globe? Get real.

4. Distributing a vaccine without being tested is a recipe for disaster and will result in exactly what happened when Trump forced hydroxy on those vets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (07-15-2020)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Yep, mine aren't massive, but I have mad money about 50k, (now worth 75 today 80 yesterday) in volatile biotechs.
    It makes the day interesting to try and time the ins and outs in case the posting here sux raw.
    If SRNE goes back to $2 and VIR goes to 20, I still won't miss a meal. But I'm not rich like you.
    Just having fun with it. Livin the dream. The 401 K is in stock fund and 40% short term bonds. IRA, I don't even remember
    but safe stuff. I figure better to play with stocks than invest in art, wine and parlay cards. If everything goes Russian well I still have
    social security!!!
    I had planned on retiring on June 1st. My wife insists I should just continue to work so I don't drive her crazy. We are in Florida after all. You can't do a thing right now except go to Disney World. I miss the sanity of Minne. The second this thing is over, I'm on an island somewhere. Travel just isn't a good idea right now. As for investing, it's amazing how quickly things build up. Smart people do better than dumb people. You'll be fine. I know a few here who won't be.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Guess I hurt your feelings little fella. You going to follow me around now like a lost little puppy? Yes, a vaccine is the most likely way to end the pandemic. Treatments are fine to save lives, but they aren't going to get people back to work, and they aren't going to save the economy. Heel, Darth, heel!!!! Good boy.
    Stop saying things that are so easily corrected lol.

Simply re-asserting a spurious assertion doesn’t make not spurious.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Stop saying things that are so easily corrected lol.

Simply re-asserting a spurious assertion doesn’t make not spurious.
    Corrected by who? You?

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Corrected by who? You?

Darth kicks your uneducated ass all the time. You can stop your lame attempt at self inflation. Wimpy.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Few problems with this:

1. Operation Warp Speed is not a bill, it's just marketing and branding. It's taking credit for things other people did independent of him.

2. Congress allocated funds for vaccine development, not Trump, and many Republicans voted AGAINST the COVID relief bill that provided funding in both chambers.

3. Trump didn't kick anything into "warp speed". They were already at warp speed. To attribute that to Trump is just ridiculous. Do you think they were just sitting around, playing Minecraft as a virus ravaged the globe? Get real.

4. Distributing a vaccine without being tested is a recipe for disaster and will result in exactly what happened when Trump forced hydroxy on those vets.
    you idiot.
    Operation Warp Speed is of course not legislation
    it's an XO -are you that clueless to even make a dumb assertion otherwise? - yes

It's a public -private partnership with Fed inter-agency cooperation that funds expedited R&D
    to prepare for manufacturing . I think it also funds (or protects liability) -not sure on that

Distributing a vaccine without being tested is a recipe for disaster and will result in exactly what happened when Trump forced hydroxy on those vets.
    you blithering idiot
    IT"S IN TESTING NOW -the vaccine was developed ( see details above) and as soon as clinical trials are over
    THEN IT GETS MANUFACTURED and distributed.. the idea is to have it ready to vaccinate as soon as it it then approved - rather then wait for approval and then then manufacture. and the approval,itself will be expedited

That was Trumps doing - as much as it pains you to get this

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (07-15-2020)

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, Trump has absolutely no responsibility during a national health crisis. LOL at you.
    *derp* get a clue regarding federalism